2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Fluture

Record Breaker
Ichatdelune is going to wake up to some nice surprises and great skating by her two girls. They were wonderful today. :)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
It takes a lot of guts to skate Danse Macabre as your SP and run the risk that everyone will compare it to Yuna's. Seoyeon did really well and brought something unique to it. Hope to see the program grow this season.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was extremely impressed by Seoyeon. Yeonjeong was technically very impressive as well, though a bit more work to do on the performance side with her. I'll be very interested to see what happens in the free skate tomorrow.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Assuming Seoyeon Ji podiums tomorrow (which is looking very likely), do you think (and is it possible) the fed will move either Seoyeon or Seoyeong Wi out of JGP Latvia? It would be so silly to place two medalists and potential JGPF finalists against each other, along with Alysa and the Russians... They have a legit shot at the JGPF if they skated elsewhere :(

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I am very, very proud of our two youngest ladies of the team, their first JGP and look at how they did :luv17: And as I predicted it's Seoyeon's week to shine, with Haein next week the cycle will be complete and all will know the 05 trio and their greatness

randomfan

Record Breaker
Assuming Seoyeon Ji podiums tomorrow (which is looking very likely), do you think (and is it possible) the fed will move either Seoyeon or Seoyeong Wi out of JGP Latvia? It would be so silly to place two medalists and potential JGPF finalists against each other, along with Alysa and the Russians... They have a legit shot at the JGPF if they skated elsewhere :(

I really hope they do. It’ll be awesome to see more Koreans qualify for the JGPF! :yay:

Then again, it is KSU we’re talking about here...:slink:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I really hope they do. It’ll be awesome to see more Koreans qualify for the JGPF! :yay:

Then again, it is KSU we’re talking about here...:slink:

Um, my good folks, only Haein is assigned to JGP Latvia?

mathlike

On the Ice
Congrats to Seoyeon and Yeonjeong! :clap:
Seoyeon is so cute and Korean girls' dresses are class of their own, really!

Be honest guys, this not the end of talented girls' stream and you got some diamonds prepared to throw at us in next stages as well, huh? :gclap:

ruga

Final Flight
I think they mixed it up with the JGP in Gdansk to which both Seoyeon and Seoyeong are assigned to
One of them should certainly be moved to Egna (how many spots does Korea have there?), especially if Seoyeong finishes 2nd or 3rd with a high score.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
One of them should certainly be moved to Egna (how many spots does Korea have there?), especially if Seoyeong finishes 2nd or 3rd with a high score.

Okay, I'm assuming you mean Seoyeon (Seoyeon and Seoyeong are confusing, I know, that's also partly why I use Seoyoung for the romanization. If it helps to remember: Seoyeon has one letter less, also a year less), and I agree that if Seoyeon medals she shouldn't be there with Seoyoung at Gdansk (esp. with Alysa Liu plus the Russian ladies). It'll come down to placements, scores, and who the other feds assign to Egna, if KSU has any bit of brains left they should be running calculations ASAP. Come to think of it, can't they add Yeonjeong to the sub list at Gdansk and then give her spot at Egna to Seoyeon/Seoyoung?

ruga

Final Flight
Okay, I'm assuming you mean Seoyeon (Seoyeon and Seoyeong are confusing, I know, that's also partly why I use Seoyoung for the romanization. If it helps to remember: Seoyeon has one letter less, also a year less), and I agree that if Seoyeon medals she shouldn't be there with Seoyoung at Gdansk (esp. with Alysa Liu plus the Russian ladies). It'll come down to placements, scores, and who the other feds assign to Egna, if KSU has any bit of brains left they should be running calculations ASAP. Come to think of it, can't they add Yeonjeong to the sub list at Gdansk and then give her spot at Egna to Seoyeon/Seoyoung?

Ugh I actually was trying to remember the name for quite a long time and unfortunately guessed it incorrectly. I agree, Yeonjeong should be sent to seemingly harder event (Gdansk) especially if she doesn't podium. Can they edit sub lists though? If KSU makes correct assignments, Korea could expect to have 2-3 girls at GPF.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Great day for Korean ladies. Congrats to the silver medal Yeonjeong. For me Seoyeon was robbed of bronze.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Yeonjeong‘s reaction in the Kiss and Cry made my day. Her skate was the perfect way to close the event- elegant and polished beyond her years!

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Great day for Korean ladies. Congrats to the silver medal Yeonjeong. For me Seoyeon was robbed of bronze.

I liked Seoyeon more than both Tarakanova and Yeonjeong, and felt that the judges lowballed her (but imagine if both her and Seoyoung had made the jgpf, we'd all be forming a prayer circle for Ted Barton)

VenusHalley

Final Flight

Indeed. Her program did it for me than the Russian girl, who is talented, but her program made me feel... "tick, tick, tick, check, check, check, elements done while music playing".

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I liked Seoyeon more than both Tarakanova and Yeonjeong, and felt that the judges lowballed her (but imagine if both her and Seoyoung had made the jgpf, we'd all be forming a prayer circle for Ted Barton)

Don't forget Haein, she's in the race too! And I can always send Ted an email, he read the one I sent yesterday and nailed Seoyeon's name for her short :laugh:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
The baby of the team has surprised all of us :luv17: She still has a lot of room to grow, sure, but that was such a solid JGP debut even without her medal. Same goes to Seoyeon, although I'll have to wait a bit longer for the 05 trio to all have JGP medals I'm happy she still had a perfectly fine JGP debut and made her presence known. Told y'all should love our junior ladies :laugh:

natsulian

Final Flight
We'll pretend TWO South Korean ladies won medals, silver and bronze respectively. :p

Congratulations extended to not only the two amazing ladies, but to the federation as a whole. The S. Korean figure skating community has, thanks to Queen Yuna, grown immensely and they are reaping what Queen Yuna sowed through her blood, sweat, and tears. I cannot wait to see S. Korea compete alongside Japan, Russia, and the United States as a major figure skating powerhouse.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
We'll pretend TWO South Korean ladies won medals, silver and bronze respectively. :p

Congratulations extended to not only the two amazing ladies, but to the federation as a whole. The S. Korean figure skating community has, thanks to Queen Yuna, grown immensely and they are reaping what Queen Yuna sowed through her blood, sweat, and tears. I cannot wait to see S. Korea compete alongside Japan, Russia, and the United States as a major figure skating powerhouse.

South Korea deserves to get a Challenger or a Grand Prix if they keep on growing, honestly.