2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

seabm7

Final Flight
Huh? Did somebody say it wasn't the 1945 Audrey Hepburn flim?

The second news link mentioned Audrey Hepburn in the article. But according to a rumor among Korean fans, the music is the 1995 version. So we have to wait and see which version is used.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Good luck to Haein at JGP Riga. Knocking on wood she can continue the trend of the Korean ladies medalling.... maybe a gold medal this time? ;)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
With the ISU bios being updated, I'd just like to compare how our junior ladies' heights. They are growing up so quickly...

Seoyoung: 155~156cm (last season's bio omitted the last digit :palmf: This is my guess since she was basically the same height with Haein when I saw her at Nats) -> 161cm
Jihun: 164cm -> 169cm (she's now as tall as I am :eek:)

More to come as bios are updated

Update: Haein: 156cm ->160cm

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The second news link mentioned Audrey Hepburn in the article. But according to a rumor among Korean fans, the music is the 1995 version. So we have to wait and see which version is used.

I've listened to the 1995 soundtrack suite, it's nice. But echoes of Audrey Hepburn (maybe costume?) are always welcome...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I've listened to the 1995 soundtrack suite, it's nice. But echoes of Audrey Hepburn (maybe costume?) are always welcome...
A Audrey Hepburn inspired costume is certainly wonderful. but I am hoping for a Hepburn inspired makeup or hair style;)
or maybe a music segment from 1954 movie is genius edited into the 1995 OST.:biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
A Audrey Hepburn inspired costume is certainly wonderful. but I am hoping for a Hepburn inspired makeup or hair style;)
or maybe a music segment from 1954 movie is genius edited into the 1995 OST.:biggrin:

Oh my god, squirtle's QnA spoiler! It's her hair!!

Screenshot_20190804-214156_Instagram.jpg

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh, lest I forget during the hassle of work:

:hb: A most jubilant birthday to Her Royal Highness, Long Live the Queen :hb:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That would also be lovely, Eunsoo is so pretty...

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
As expected Haein was just delightful. She looked a little bit sad in the K&C :( probably because of her combo. She did a great job and that Nocturne program is such a good fit for her! Wishing her the best for her Free Skate tomorrow!

Fluture

Record Breaker
The combo wasn‘t bad, though. She sorted the shaky landing on the lutz out! It’s a very competitive JGP so far, stronger than the others with lots of clean programs, so she will have to fight to stay on the podium. I hope she pulls off a good FS anyway! :)

mathlike

On the Ice
Another gem! Korea has transformed into figure skating diamond mine! :love::clap:

Good luck in free, Haein! Why there was only one Korean skater in Riga though? :think:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Haein is really something special. There’s something magical about her skating that just draws you in. I think her SP here is my favourite performance of this JGP season so far.

Good luck in free, Haein! Why there was only one Korean skater in Riga though? :think:

South Korea doesn’t have the max number of spots this year (14). They instead only have 10, so only some events will have two skaters while others will have one.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm squealing in delight, what has my homeboy done :hap57: :luv17: Not has he only landed a beautiful 3A, but he went clean (minus one !, but c'mon)!! And damn his rippons are lovely. Go rock the free too Sihyeong :hap10:

Haein faces tough competition as was expected for the podium, but even with all that nerves she managed to deliver a lovely performance. And as a person who loves her Firedance a bit more, I'm sure if she does as she can with it the rink will be on fire. And who knows, maybe our lady chick will go up higher than she currently is now ;)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm crying what has our lady chick done oh Haein I love you you wonderful fiery lovely :luv17: :luv17: :luv17: