2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Ulrica

On the Ice
The korean junior ladies have been such a revelation this season, here's hoping they keep delivering such beautiful performances :hap10:

mathlike

On the Ice
What is going on, Korea taking over ladies figure skating from Russia?! :shocked:

Congratulations! :clap:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Screwed the raspberry wine bottle closed for now (it's too sweet anyway), but just oh my oh my Haein has even upped the original trio in regards to JGP medals, and at this rate it could be that she repeats Yelim's feat of last season (and with luck, not by herself) :eek: Maybe she was blessed by the Queen's powers since she skated her SP on her birthday, ugh I'm rambling I know but I'm just so happy and I would dearly love to hug her tight and tell her she was awesome in all ways :love: I am going to die of alcohol poisoning if the older two of the 05 trio somehow both get tickets to Torino but that's another story this one isn't over yet we still have Sihyeong who looks like he's going to up his best placement too but this is a time to celebrate oh what have you done you precious grown-up chick

Last edited:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
wow! Haein was underscored in both segments but still came out on top. Great fire dance riverdance. <3

yyyskate

Record Breaker
@Ichatdelune actually, I prefer haerin's SP, but this time her fire dance really lighted up. Such improvement. I have a gut feeling that Haerin got potential in performance.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
South Korea has been looking for the next Yuna Kim for some years but this season's junior skaters are suddenly threatening to take over the junior circuit.

On average, Korean junior skaters performed much better than Japanese junior skaters after three GP events.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I know Haein is awesome and Yuna is.. well, she‘s called Queen Yuna for a reason. And I‘m sure she inspired all these young Korean skaters and we see the results now. However, Haein is Haein and she‘s amazing for being just how she is. She doesn‘t need to be the next Yuna Kim and I hope no one puts that pressure onto her or any of the other promising young ladies. Not saying that anyone does just yet in here but I’ve seen some comments already all over social media and it’s too much. These girls are so young still, they need time to develop at their own pace. Let‘s hope they all grow and become even better as the season goes on. :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Just saw the results. I am so happy for Haein :) what a great success. KSU must be proud with 1 gold and 2 silver medals after just three JGPs so far. Wow.

gotoschool

Medalist
Congratulations to Haein Lee for earning gold with such a beautiful performance with graceful artistry, really fine jumps, fast well positioned spins and an inspired step sequence that matched the crescendo in the music at the end wonderfully. The emotion and concentration she poured into the program turned into tears of joy at the end.

katymay

Medalist
What is going on, Korea taking over ladies figure skating from Russia?! :shocked:

Congratulations! :clap:

As much as I love the Russian skaters, it was nice to see a beautiful and correctly executed 3L from Haein. The Russian lutz technique is just confusing to me. Haein really brought it today, despite the fact that it looks as if she has grown a foot. (Probably less, but I didn't recognize her). She was as near to perfect as one can skate.