Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 524

Thread: 2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

  1. #21
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,740

    4 Not allowed!
    A heads-up that Young You is competing at the Broadmoor Open this week. She skated a free skate as part of a qualifying round yesterday and made the cut with the 2nd highest score (130.02) behind Alysa. Reportedly did a bunch of triple axels in the warm-up but not in the competition. The competition thread is here so there will probably be updates there:
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Fleming-Trophy

    It's kind of hard to find because it's under U.S. Nationals rather than Summer Competitions? Anyway, there don't seem to be any play-by-play comments, probably because there's no livestream; but eventually Sylvia will probably start posting results and some protocols on her Unseen Skaters website.

  2. #22
    #сердцемсЗагитовой nussnacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,256

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    A heads-up that Young You is competing at the Broadmoor Open this week. She skated a free skate as part of a qualifying round yesterday and made the cut with the 2nd highest score behind Alysa. (130.02). Reportedly did a bunch of triple axels in the warm-up but not in the competition. The competition thread is here so there will probably be updates there:
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Fleming-Trophy

    It's kind of hard to find because it's under U.S. Nationals rather than Summer Competitions? Anyway, there don't seem to be any play-by-play comments, probably because there's no livestream; but eventually Sylvia will probably start posting results and some protocols on her Unseen Skaters website.
    That's an interesting development.
    I was always wondering, she was jumping 3a and 4lz on videos a long time ago, but she never put any of those in her programs.
    Maybe she'll do that next season, win something, get a second gp as a result too? Would be awesome if she could put out big guns next season, certainly next season would be the right time to do that.

  3. #23
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,740

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nussnacker View Post
    That's an interesting development.
    I was always wondering, she was jumping 3a and 4lz on videos a long time ago, but she never put any of those in her programs.
    Maybe she'll do that next season, win something, get a second gp as a result too? Would be awesome if she could put out big guns next season, certainly next season would be the right time to do that.
    My guess would be that she may put the 3A in during the final round.

  4. #24
    Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,298

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nussnacker View Post
    That's an interesting development.
    I was always wondering, she was jumping 3a and 4lz on videos a long time ago, but she never put any of those in her programs.
    Maybe she'll do that next season, win something, get a second gp as a result too? Would be awesome if she could put out big guns next season, certainly next season would be the right time to do that.
    You attempted a 3A last season in her Free during a national competition in South Korea. She fell though and it was underrotated back then

  5. #25
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,740

    0 Not allowed!
    And I would expect mistakes galore at the Broadmoor competition. Summer events are a good place to work on new jumps. You see a lot of mistakes, but the goal is to get used to doing the jumps in new programs so that they are there by the main competition season.

  6. #26
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dance View Post
    A heads-up that Young You is competing at the Broadmoor Open this week. She skated a free skate as part of a qualifying round yesterday and made the cut with the 2nd highest score (130.02) behind Alysa. Reportedly did a bunch of triple axels in the warm-up but not in the competition. The competition thread is here so there will probably be updates there:
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Fleming-Trophy

    It's kind of hard to find because it's under U.S. Nationals rather than Summer Competitions? Anyway, there don't seem to be any play-by-play comments, probably because there's no livestream; but eventually Sylvia will probably start posting results and some protocols on her Unseen Skaters website.
    Her protocol sheet said she rotated but fell on a triple axel. I'm very happy. A few more competitions and she'll be ready for the GP!!!

    It's so obvious she's my favorite... I have to get that under control before the season starts...

  7. #27
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    2 Not allowed!

  8. #28
    Long live the Queen and her successors Ichatdelune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,175
    Country: Korea, Republic of (South)

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    Every jump including 3A rotated Young is going to have a splendid senior GP debut

    And as a person who radiates favoritism: I say you're remarkably composed As far as I'm concerned, if you don't bash other skaters because of your favourite it's perfectly fine to show partiality. We all have favourites, don't we?

  9. #29
    Moonbear power Lunalovesskating's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,298

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    She got lower PCs than Alysa???? The biaaaas!

  10. #30
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichatdelune View Post
    Every jump including 3A rotated Young is going to have a splendid senior GP debut

    And as a person who radiates favoritism: I say you're remarkably composed As far as I'm concerned, if you don't bash other skaters because of your favourite it's perfectly fine to show partiality. We all have favourites, don't we?
    I strive never to be a fanatic that attacks my favorites rivals, their fans, the judges, and other federations if I don’t like the results. I worry that ugliness will reflect back on my babies. I also believe that all skaters work really hard and deserve praise. So I like to be as impartial as possible, so no one will say my opinions are based on my love on a certain skater. I can definitely critique my favs. But it’s pretty hard hearing it sometimes...

  11. #31
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunalovesskating View Post
    She got lower PCs than Alysa???? The biaaaas!

    Don’t worry about this competition. It’s just a club competition and the scores don’t mean much. She landing all her jumps clean af her first comp in June! That’s huge! If she has this same level of consistency in September, her score will skyrocket! Hopefully she gets placed in US classic, as the altitude won’t be an issue for her.

  12. #32
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6,290

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    I strive never to be a fanatic that attacks my favorites rivals, their fans, the judges, and other federations if I don’t like the results. I worry that ugliness will reflect back on my babies. I also believe that all skaters work really hard and deserve praise. So I like to be as impartial as possible, so no one will say my opinions are based on my love on a certain skater. I can definitely critique my favs. But it’s pretty hard hearing it sometimes...
    I don't kr you are a Young You fan though, I like her too.
    don't know if You Young can get another GP invitation.. seems unlikely.. otherwise she will be competitive on GP series, if she has such a consistency and jump quality/difficulty so early in the season.

  13. #33
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    I don't kr you are a Young You fan though, I like her too.
    don't know if You Young can get another GP invitation.. seems unlikely.. otherwise she will be competitive on GP series, if she has such a consistency and jump quality/difficulty so early in the season.
    I think it’s pretty likely. I know feds prefer picking less competitive skaters from their alternate list. However, I think CoC, NHK, and SA would take her if an alternate spot came up.

    I’ve always liked Young, but I really fell in love with her last season. She has such passion on ice. I love a fierce skater. Still very upset about JW. Skates....

  14. #34
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    0 Not allowed!
    Someone posted A video of Young’s program! They just missed the very beginning though.

    https://instagram.com/p/BzMnoz_F2US/

  15. #35
    Long live the Queen and her successors Ichatdelune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,175
    Country: Korea, Republic of (South)

    1 Not allowed!
    Evita? Seriously? I mean, sure, diverse sides and all, but Young is a fierce, energetic, lively skater and her senior debut program should showcase that. Like, My Fair Lady is more livelier than Evita and even that wasn't the greatest fit... (deep sigh) Also, it's very likely that Dabin is keeping her SP, and I don't really want to listen to Don't Cry For Me Argentina over and over again...

  16. #36
    Bona Fide Member SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,018
    Country: Canada

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichatdelune View Post
    Every jump including 3A rotated Young is going to have a splendid senior GP debut

    And as a person who radiates favoritism: I say you're remarkably composed As far as I'm concerned, if you don't bash other skaters because of your favourite it's perfectly fine to show partiality. We all have favourites, don't we?
    Just do keep in mind that the callers at club comps like this are not at all strict, so you can't really count on the calls. I mean, the tech panel here even missed a zayak call for Alysa. But still, it's June and it's at altitude, so even if there were a couple jumps under in there it's still good.

  17. #37
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichatdelune View Post
    Evita? Seriously? I mean, sure, diverse sides and all, but Young is a fierce, energetic, lively skater and her senior debut program should showcase that. Like, My Fair Lady is more livelier than Evita and even that wasn't the greatest fit... (deep sigh) Also, it's very likely that Dabin is keeping her SP, and I don't really want to listen to Don't Cry For Me Argentina over and over again...
    I like Evita, so I’m biased. I thought that My Fair Lady was too flowery. Evita is a woman that took over Argentina, all through her wits. I wish they did more of Buenos Aires, rather so much of Don’t Cry For Me or You Must Love Me. But I do think there’s a lovely dramatic flair that was missing from My Fair Lady.

  18. #38
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    6,315

    4 Not allowed!
    Young landed her 3A in her SP!

  19. #39
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,740

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    Young landed her 3A in her SP!
    Brava!

  20. #40
    #сердцемсЗагитовой nussnacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,256

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    Young landed her 3A in her SP!
    Skate Canada is getting more and more interesting
    Initially I though SkAm was the ultimate bloodbath, but it looks like Young is going to make some mess at SC
    I want her to podium so bad, she better land those 3As!

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •