2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you for these!

Loved Sihyeong's sparkly but elegant shirt :luv17: and wonderful choice of music, and I really liked him...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
JGP Placements (subject to change)
JGP Courchevel: To Jihun, Wi Seoyoung
JGP Lake Placid: Ji Seoyeon, Park Yeonjeong / Kyeong Jaeseok
JGP Riga: Lee Haein / Lee Sihyeong *possibly Jeon/Choi
JGP Chelyabinsk: To Jihun / Cha Younghyun
JGP Gdansk: Wi Seoyoung, Ji Seoyeon
JGP Zagreb: Lee Haein / Lee Sihyeong *possibly Jeon/Choi
JGP Edna: Park Yeonjeong / Cha Younghyun

Oh lord I'm going to be hella worried during Lake Placid, the two youngest ladies who are newly on the team...

breadstal

Record Breaker
Haein is so tall now :eeking: I already love her SP, the choreography is beautiful. Later in the season it's going to be so good!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just watched both Hae Inn's SP and FS and Oh my, how she has grown. I love love love her SP, but her FS also has some amazing moments. I cannot wait to see her at her peak this season. If she already is in such a great form in July, we surely will see some amazing performances this season from her :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just looked at the protocols. Nearly every lady got an edge call on her Flip. Hae Inn's was clearly inside though!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Wait, there are videos for Haein‘s performances, both SP AND FS? How could I have missed them?! Will have to look now.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Haein did splendidly well and has two good programs (I prefer the FS, but anyway), but give the others some credit too. For instance, Jihun thrives on dramatic portrayals, and with both of her programs providing her with the necessary material I can see her soaring with all the drama llamas on the ice. And Seoyeon's got quite nice choreo with her Billie Eilish free. And am I the only one in love with Seoyoung's SP with the 2A+drum crash+fist clenched combination :scard8:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Wait, there are videos for Haein‘s performances, both SP AND FS? How could I have missed them?! Will have to look now.

I gathered the videos in another post, you can just scroll down.

ETA: Never mind, Lunalovesskating gave you the links.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Haein did splendidly well and has two good programs (I prefer the FS, but anyway), but give the others some credit too. For instance, Jihun thrives on dramatic portrayals, and with both of her programs providing her with the necessary material I can see her soaring with all the drama llamas on the ice. And Seoyeon's got quite nice choreo with her Billie Eilish free. And am I the only one in love with Seoyoung's SP with the 2A+drum crash+fist clenched combination :scard8:

I‘m sorry, I really wasn‘t trying to discredit the others, I‘m sure they‘re great too. It‘s just that I‘ve become a fan of Haein when I saw her last season at JGP Linz and now she kind of holds a special spot in the figure skating part of my heart, along with the other girls I saw live.

I will try to watch everyone you mentioned and write some of my thoughts here afterwards. It will take some time, though, depending on when I have enough internet to watch youtube videos. Maybe I‘ll find another favourite, though. :)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I‘m sorry, I really wasn‘t trying to discredit the others, I‘m sure they‘re great too. It‘s just that I‘ve become a fan of Haein when I saw her last season at JGP Linz and now she kind of holds a special spot in the figure skating part of my heart, along with the other girls I saw live.

I will try to watch everyone you mentioned and write some of my thoughts here afterwards. It will take some time, though, depending on when I have enough internet to watch youtube videos. Maybe I‘ll find another favourite, though. :)

Oh gosh, I wasn't trying to say you (and everyone else) were doing anything wrong discussing Haein, of course your favourites are of much more importance than others. I was just being impatient, like, since I love the other girls too I kinda wanted to discuss them here as well as Haein :slink:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

I watched Seoyoung's SP and I agree the soundeffect after the 2A is attention grabbing :D I like the second part of the SP the most. The music during thd first half is too quiet for my taste, but that is probably due to the surrounding noise and that it was filmed by a fancam.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I watched Seoyoung's SP and I agree the soundeffect after the 2A is attention grabbing :D I like the second part of the SP the most. The music during thd first half is too quiet for my taste, but that is probably due to the surrounding noise and that it was filmed by a fancam.

JewelSkatersCross (one of the guys who uploads those fancams, bless them) tweeted that they had the dehumidifier on full blast (and still had puddles... :palmf: but I digress) so even the crowd couldn't hear the music that well. To judge the music properly you'll have to wait until the JGPs where they have proper acoustics... (sigh)

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
JewelSkatersCross (one of the guys who uploads those fancams, bless them) tweeted that they had the dehumidifier on full blast (and still had puddles... :palmf: but I digress) so even the crowd couldn't hear the music that well. To judge the music properly you'll have to wait until the JGPs where they have proper acoustics... (sigh)

That's good to know, since I found a couple of the programs to have music that was too quiet at times.

I haven't watched the boys yet, but I'm through the five ladies who got JGP spots. My favourites were Jihun and Haein's short programs.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Haein was really lovely last year on the JGP. Fingers crossed that she can power up this season and get a spot on the JGPF!