2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm curious whether Min & Eaton might debut at the Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships this coming week. There was a relatively recent picture of them posted together so I am currently assuming they are still planning to compete as a team. They will need their minimum scores. World Standing points couldn't hurt. And Carreira & Ponomarenko are going Lake Placid, which implies Igor will be taking teams. Anyway, I see nothing about it on Yura's twitter account; but I can't read instagram. Let me know if anyone sees anything.

You hit it right on the head, Min/Eaton are debuting at Lake Placid ID Championships https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/1156904970328977409

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Folks, apparently Young's SP is R&J... :dbana: After the flood of R&J programs last season you'd think Tom Z and the team would be sick of it too, apparently not.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm catching up on Lake Placid, I honestly have no idea why Min/Eaton are skating to Love Is A B**** when everybody was blown away by Jason's spectacular SP, not to mention the :confused: decision to pair it with Nemesis. US male single skaters theme, perhaps? But Yura does has better chemistry with Daniel Eaton, and I should kinda be thankful for their existence. Hope they get TES minimums next time

natsulian

Final Flight
One fall (I'm assuming this was on the 3A), but still congratulations Young :yahoo:

One fall on the 3A and a step-out on the 2A combo. Everything else was clean and well executed. If You lands the 3A and doesn't let the 2A combo in the second half of the program play mind games on her, she's a contender for break out star during the Grand Prix. Best of luck.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I love this RJ. Different cuts than most RJ programs and the way she moves to the music and hits all the highlights is amazing

I agree, I like Young You's performance quality to the music in her new SP. although a RJ programs, but it is peculiar and interesting piece.
On the other hand, I don't like the singing voice in her free. and Thank God, no kissing you.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi everyone! I was at the Philadelphia comp on Friday and today, and I just wanted to say how impressed I was with Young You. And that doesn’t really have much to do with the jumps (I like a good well placed jump as much as the next one, and it would have been cool to see a landed 3A, but I’m not a jump fiend).

More so, I was impressed with how she jumps, I was 50 feet from the skaters, and she was so light on her skates, so soft. Also, her spins are amazeballs. I apologize because most of you probably already know this, but she is so fast, so tight, so centered. I look forward to more of her skates:clap:

skatenewbie

Medalist
Is her 3A rotated? I can't see because she land right on the mirror gap thingy on that twitter video but she has nice height on her 3A. I hope she can land it this season

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is her 3A rotated? I can't see because she land right on the mirror gap thingy on that twitter video but she has nice height on her 3A. I hope she can land it this season

I am sorry, but counting rotations is not my gift and not what I do when watching the comp:) the SP was sadly a complete pop. The FS was fast and had height, so it had the elements for rotation, in my view. Whether it was I will leave to Shin Amano ;)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Hypothetically, if Young You places well in her first gp, say gets bronze, is there a chance for her to get a second gp?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Hypothetically, if Young You places well in her first gp, say gets bronze, is there a chance for her to get a second gp?

I don't think how well she does is going to make a difference. Well actually, if she does well it might make some Feds less inclined to pick her if a spot opens up.