2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019-20 South Korean Figure Skating

figurefan0726

Final Flight
I honestly think Seoyeong should’ve won the short program. Her SP was beautiful and was cleanly done with no mistakes. First place finisher, Maya, did have a visible mistake on her 3Lo (hands down). I might be wrong, but I think the judges are starting to favor Eteri’s skaters.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I honestly think Seoyeong should’ve won the short program. Her SP was beautiful and was cleanly done with no mistakes. First place finisher, Maya, did have a visible mistake on her 3Lo (hands down). I might be wrong, but I think the judges are starting to favor Eteri’s skaters.

grumle grumble PCS bias grumble grumble :curse:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

If I'm not wrong, Tomoe and Hanna got way higher PCS than Seoyoung even with visible mistakes too.
Even Jihun got a higher PCS mark than Seoyoung with a visible mistake.
I think Seoyoung could've been marked up more, I wouldn't however perpetuate these conspiracy theories on judges' favoritism, they easily lose their ground if we look at how other skaters were scored.

By the way, I think Seoyoung improved her spins a lot compared to last year, there's a lot more speed and positions look better to me.
Hope this season will be a breakout one for her, like it was for Eunsoo and Yelim last year.
Regarding comparisons with Yuna, I mentioned it not because of her back flexibility.
I think she has this calmness about her skating, this peaceful aura that is very reminiscent of Yuna to me personally.
I feel like Eunsoo and Young are a little more fiery, explosive, they look fierce on ice, their movements have a lot of power, but Seoyoung delivers this feeling of calmness with her face and movement that somehow is associated with Yuna for me.

P.S. Seoyoung's coach is such a sweet woman :) she's adorable :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I really enjoyed her skate too. Looking forward to seeing her free skate today, hopefully she will be able to get on the podium.

well she did! she got silver with an outstanding performance, one of the few clean. congratulations to her! :yahoo:

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
That Courchevel altitude was no joke. Poor Seoyeong looked winded after that skate but she fought through it like a trooper. Very happy to see her with that silver medal!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Seoyoung has upped Haein's bronze with a silver, she might've been in second place in the qualifiers but she's come on top for now :laugh: Next week it's Seoyeon's turn, and if I may hope the 05 trio are all going to come home with medals :pray:

Jihun got winded after her fall, but she takes the 'most gorgeous dress of the night' award. Seoyoung might be my beloved but Jihun has great dresses, seriously. And she fought for it, hopefully she can go clean at her next JGP (if possible, without carrots, please...)

mathlike

On the Ice
Congrats to Seoyeong for taking silver medal and two clean skates! :clapper:

She's interesting to me: a bit slow, some elements are not pleasing to watch, but the other are soooo beautiful , just breathtaking! There is definitely something in this girl, she just needs to discover and emphasize it.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
You know what, during last season's JGP the spotlight was first and foremost (deservedly) taken by Yelim but for the most of you Haein was the new find, the new Korean girl to be excited about. And nobody really saw Seoyoung (granted she didn't have a clean free, but still she got 4th yet nobody seemed to have noticed her). And now Seoyoung gets to shine in her own right, I'm here hoping the same will happen to Seoyeon next week. My point? Y'all should love our junior ladies, they're great even if it doesn't seem like it yet :laugh:

BTW Seoyoung and Seoyeong are just different transliterations of the same name 서영, I use Seoyoung because it usually gets the better pronunciations. I should probably do another recording of our skaters' names

mathlike

On the Ice
Korea has 4 skaters, who can score 190+. Who'd have thought it was possible after Yuna left? :agree:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Wheee! Congratulations to Seoyeong for two great skates & a silver medal!

Also, I was very pleasantly impressed with how much Jihun's presentation has improved, especially in the SP.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Jihun got winded after her fall, but she takes the 'most gorgeous dress of the night' award. Seoyoung might be my beloved but Jihun has great dresses, seriously. And she fought for it, hopefully she can go clean at her next JGP (if possible, without carrots, please...)

Korean costumes in general are very pretty on average, the coaches have a nice taste. Or maybe the fashion industry is a little more advanced there.