2019-20 European Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 European Ice Dance

icetug

Medalist
Spodyriev was apparently in an accident (4 cracked ribs, a collapsed lung, and limited movement of one shoulder on top of a cast on one leg which he had acquired before)
It wasn't Max who had this accident but one of the coaches of their team. However Max was seriously injured during practice in the begining of July and his leg needs several weeks of recovery.

Andrea82

Medalist
It looks like Popova/Byelikov are moving Senior full time this season. Ukraine Fed announced their Junior GP selection and they are not assigned to any event. Moreover, they are entered in the Senior competition at NRW Summer Trophy.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Sara Buch-Weeke is doing a terrific job today with her Instagram takeover today for @edgesofglory.

She really is giving a good sense of a day in the life (both on and off ice) for herself and partner Nicolas Woodcock.

(Of the takeovers that I seen of various Instagram accounts, some [although no doubt well-intentioned] have shown far less than Sara already has.)

Sara and Nicolas are based in Canada, training with Skate Mariposa in Barrie, Ontario.
One little activity seen in the takeover is that Sara and Nicolas -- who represent Denmark -- singlehandedly are making 500 credential badges for Skate Ontario's Octoberfest competition. Adorable. :ghug:
Sara and Nicolas will be one of thirteen Octoberfest entries competing in junior dance next week. :yay:

Congratulations to Kazakova/Reviya for winning JGP Croatia and advancing to JGPF. :dance2:

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I was impressed with the new partnership of Katerina Bunina and Artur Gruzdev.
I thought they had been skating together for longer. I think that they can flourish this season, also given that World juniors will be in Tallinn next year, it would be really nice to see them representing Estonia there. :)

Andrea82

Medalist
Natalie Taschlerova/Filip Taschler are entered in the Senior event at Open of Andorra next week.
I believe it will be their Senior debut. Minimums for Euros (28/44) could be achievable for them.

New Finnish couple Klinovitskaya/Partanen are set to debut at Sant Claus Cup in early December

haribobo

On the Ice
Top 10 Non-Russian European SB Scores

Papadakis/Cizeron FRA 226
Guignard/Fabbri ITA 203
Fear/Gibson GBR 195
Hurtado/Khaliavin ESP 193
Smart/Diaz ESP 191
Lauriault/LeGac FRA 185
Kaliszek/Spodyriev POL 185
Reed/Ambrulevicius LTU 180
Nazarova/Nikitin UKR 178
Kazakova/Reviya GEO 174

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I love that Georgian team!!!! Kazakova and Reviya, right? They’re really great! Could they win junior worlds? Are they going to Europeans?

Miriam090

Rinkside
Yep, they're planning to go to Europeans and Senior Worlds as well as Junior Worlds - they definitely have a shot at winning there!! But as we saw here, it will be very close so who knows?!?

Andrea82

Medalist
France have selected the team for European Championships. They are following the National results.
Papadakis/Cizeron, Galyavieva/Thauron and Lopareva/Brissaud.
In the press release, Lauriault/Legac are not even listed as subs (Wagret/Souquet and Lagouge/Caffa)

https://ffsg.org/europe2020-la-selection-francaise-en-route-pour-graz/

Hungary selected Emily Monaghan/Illias Fourati (146.01 for them and 145.44 for Dozzi/Valdez at 4 Nations Championships)

Finland selected Yuka Orihara/Juho Pirinen who easily won Nationals in the absence of Turkkila/Versluis

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's going on with Lauriault/LeGac? Are they injured?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's going on with Lauriault/LeGac? Are they injured?

No idea. If they didn't get selected for the European team, though, and they have a wear & tear type of injury that may need dealing with, then this would probably be a good time to deal with it. (France only has the two spots for Worlds anyway).

Andrea82

Medalist
Some international debuts expected in Egna Trophy next month

Katrin Roy/ Claudio Pierantonio for Italy
Shira Ichilov/ Laurent Abecassis for Israel

Nirti

Medalist
And Turkkila/Versluis are listed there too. Hope they have recovered.

Zhata/Lukouski will officially begin to represent Belarus. One of Kolehanova/Palkhouski was on IcePartnerSearch some month ago looking for a partner for next season because the other wanted to retire (but who was who...?), so the competition seems open in this country.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Too bad we're not seeing Turkkila/Versluis at Euros though. Like you, I hope they have recovered.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
amazing news that Turkkila/Versluis are back!!! I missed this beauty!!