2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
I was rooting for Wakaba because I have loved her for ages and was so sad when she was hindered by injury. But my god she was amazing!! last night! Her speed, power.... :love: It made me so so sooooo happy to see her nail that programme, I think it's such a good fit for her, I hope she can smash the FP!!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Seriously poor Mako :sad21:, I think she will withdraw next competition, I hope she do it to heal her injury, I don't like to see her in that way

randomfan

Record Breaker
Seriously poor Mako :sad21:, I think she will withdraw next competition, I hope she do it to heal her injury, I don't like to see her in that way

Yeah I agree. It baffles me that her team is still sending her to competitions. Just by seeing the way her legs bend and cause her to stumble on her landings, she is clearly not ready. Placing last here is not doing her any favors.

yude

Record Breaker
I wish all Japanese ladies the health, apparently many of them are not completely fine right now :(

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
This is going to be one of the worst seasons for japanese ladies, this is so sad, it seems almost no one are in their full potential, I thought at the end of last season that this season it will going to be even better than last one but so far it is not, I think I will just not watch more competitions anymore I'm not want to see my favorite skaters struggle with tons of injuries and lost of focus, but I'm send my love to every lady for a fast recovery and for the next season to learn about the experiencies and to come more confident and with better elements, I just don't want to think it's the final season for one of this amazing skaters, see you later folks!

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I wish all Japanese ladies the health, apparently many of them are not completely fine right now :(

I think that the Japanese ladies are all pushing themselves too hard to keep up with the competition thus injuring themselves going for difficult jumps etc. It's still early in the season so I hope that they give themselves time to recover :pray:

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
What a sad performance in the free.

Kihira is the only Japanese lady going to the GP Finals this year.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I just don't want to think it's the final season for one of this amazing skaters, see you later folks!

What, who is in their final season? o_o I only know of Rin so far.

Kihira is the only Japanese lady going to the GP Finals this year.

Don't jinx her :roll5: And Kaori still has a chance if she places well next. And who knows, maybe even Satoko! I still hold out a hope.

Orlov

Medalist
Don't jinx her :roll5: And Kaori still has a chance if she places well next.

Sorry, I don't think so - even first place probably don't help to her (9 + 15 it's not too big, especially in this year). And you seriously considering the options that in France she will be able to take away gold from Alena Kostornaya and Alina Zagitova both?

skatenewbie

Medalist
Sorry, I don't think so - even first place probably don't help to her (9 + 15 it's not too big, especially in this year). And you seriously considering the options that in France she will be able to take away gold from Alena Kostornaya and Alina Zagitova both?
A win really going to help anybody since winning mean much for tiebreaker. For example Bradie with her silver maybe not qualify for finals since in Skata Canada there is Kihira, also Medvedeva and Trusova. Its not easy for Kaori to win IdF but who knows? Ice is slippery

Orlov

Medalist
A win really going to help anybody since winning mean much for tiebreaker. For example Bradie with her silver maybe not qualify for finals since in Skata Canada there is Kihira, also Medvedeva and Trusova. Its not easy for Kaori to win IdF but who knows? Ice is slippery

It's true - ice is slippery, but I would not put my money on it.
Kaori's scores in this season was: 194.42 (Nepela) and 202.57 (SA)
Kostornaya - 234+ (Finlandia), Zagitova - 154+ in FS (JO), so probably 230+.

Kaori need to rise significantly, and for both Russians bomb their programs. The probability of these three events at the same time is pretty small.

surimi

Record Breaker

Well, you never know. Otherwise we'd all keep winning the predictions game. :) And I think there have been skaters who qualified even with 2-4 finishes.

surimi

Record Breaker
Denney and Frazier in pairs for sure, but I'd have to look up ladies.

medoroa

On the Ice

2018-2019
Keegan Messing was called up (2-5)
2017-2018
Satoko Miyahara was called up (1-5)
Jason Brown was called up (2-4)
Yu/Zhang (2-6)
2016-2017
Seguin/Bilodeau (1-5)
2015-2016
Ashley Wagner (1-4)
Peng/Zhang were called up (3-4)
2014-2015
Yuzuru Hanyu (2-4) -- he won
Rika Hongo was called up (1-5)

The above I had to look up, but crazy ones off the top of my head:
2002-2003
Ilia Klimkin (1-7)
2000-2001
Stannick Jeanette (2-9)

Orlov

Medalist
2018-2019
Keegan Messing was called up (2-5)
2017-2018
Satoko Miyahara was called up (1-5)
Jason Brown was called up (2-4)
Yu/Zhang (2-6)
2016-2017
Seguin/Bilodeau (1-5)
2015-2016
Ashley Wagner (1-4)
Peng/Zhang were called up (3-4)
2014-2015
Yuzuru Hanyu (2-4) -- he won
Rika Hongo was called up (1-5)

The above I had to look up, but crazy ones off the top of my head:
2002-2003
Ilia Klimkin (1-7)
2000-2001
Stannick Jeanette (2-9)

Of course I spoke about the ladies.
I will explain my position - the situation of the junior season 2018-2019 is repeated. The very fact of the presence of the trio of Kostornaya, Shcherbakova, Trusova led to the fact that in reality there were not 6 places, but only 3. And then one girl (Anna Tarusina) was not enough even 13 + 13.

I can believe in 24 passing points, but not 22 at this season. Kaori will have almost 100% no gold in France, therefore, she will not be able to get into the finals.