2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

mathlike

On the Ice
Knock, knock, Japan! Where is the next wave of amazing juniors from your country? Is it coming for the next stages of JGP? :)

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I really loved Nana Araki long program! its so beautiful and her jumps are looking better than ever, she needs to increase her consistency. Tomoe Kawabata did a good job but placed 5th, so that means she will not have a second assigment after all?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Not bad for Tomoe and Nana.

2nd assignement will depend of other skater's results. For Nana it's ok imo. For Tomoe it should be unless Japaneses surprinsingly go 3rd and 4th at the next two GPs.
And fed showed last season that score and potential matters too. Yuhana got a 2nd assignement despite having a worse ranking than Moa Iwano.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Sad news from Yuna Aoki. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1165119847337906178?s=20

That's sad news, and sounds like to will take her a while to recover from the broken ankle and surgery (hence not possible to compete in JGP this season and the rest of the competitions). Such a pity as Yuna had got two new programs (one choreographed by Lambiel and the other Misha Ge), and she had skated only the SP once in Kanto summer trophy earlier.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's a serious injury. Speedy recovery Yuna!

I really loved Nana Araki long program! its so beautiful and her jumps are looking better than ever, she needs to increase her consistency. Tomoe Kawabata did a good job but placed 5th, so that means she will not have a second assigment after all?
Who would have thought that Miki Ando, whose artistic skills were not really appreciated, could create a good choreo. Not bad at all for a first work ( i don't know if she had done choreos before).

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Poor Yuna. I hope her surgery goes well, and wish her a swift recovery and no rush coming back. I hope she waits with the competitions until her ankle is fully healed.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
That's a serious injury. Speedy recovery Yuna!

Who would have thought that Miki Ando, whose artistic skills were not really appreciated, could create a good choreo. Not bad at all for a first work ( i don't know if she had done choreos before).

Yep her edges, skating skills, transitions, composition and interpretation really improved, if she improves her consistency as well the rest of the season it will be one of my favorites long programs this year. I don´t think her 3t from 2a-3t combination was ur, even the judges give her positive GOE for that because it doesn´t looked like that, same case with Tomoe Kawabata.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Poor Yuna Aoki :(, I hope she have a nice and fast recovery, poor girl :sad21:, I wonder who will replace her at the jgp

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I wonder why the Japan skating federation doesn’t seem to like ayaka hosoda very much. Why didn’t they give her a GP assignment? Why aren’t they hyping her up?

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
I wonder why the Japan skating federation doesn’t seem to like ayaka hosoda very much. Why didn’t they give her a GP assignment? Why aren’t they hyping her up?

Ayaka hasn't competed internationally so she isn't on the WS or SB list and therefore is not included in the GP selection pool. Since score minimums don't apply to host spots, she could theoretically get NHK but we'll see. She only debuted the 3A at Japanese nationals last year so she's something of a late bloomer. She wasn't a contender for international assignments in a country as competitive as Japan until the middle of last season and by then it was too late for Challengers. Hopefully, she'll get more opportunities for international experience this season.