2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

ana

On the Ice
Glad to heard that Satoko Miyahara try to improve her jump technique. :agree::) She is one of the best skater in the world.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I wonder if the rink and ice time shortage issue in Japan has finally reached a breaking point. So many top skaters training overseas now.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Wow, when is Miyu switching too? ;) On one hand it must be nice for Marin and Taichi to have their little sister with them (presumably Sara is also moving to the US) but since she's so much younger than them, I wonder about her schooling and how she'll be able to adapt... well, good luck to everyone involved. I hope Marin can show better results this season and get to compete more :agree:

I think this shows Marin’s commitment to stay with Raf as well which makes me happy. I think after Nathan this is one of the youngest talented skaters I’ve seen move to Raf.

Sara will turn Junior next season won’t she?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I think this shows Marin’s commitment to stay with Raf as well which makes me happy. I think after Nathan this is one of the youngest talented skaters I’ve seen move to Raf.

Sara will turn Junior next season won’t she?
I think Marin is commited to her new training environment as well. She talked about training being her main priority now in a new interview. She does not do anything else at this point according to her.

Yes, Sara will turn Junior 2020/21.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
After analyzing well her free skate and the protocols all I can say is that Nana's free program was severely undercored so far, her 2lo wasn´t underrotated (it was close but not UR, actually looked equally rotated as the 2t), her fly sit spin should have been level 4, there is no reson for downgrated one level when she didn´t do anything different, and the thing that made the big difference was the GOE in her jumps, it was criminally low knowing the technique and transitions she has. Her PCS were also underscored, I gived her two more points because she feel more the program than in last competiton and because she didn´t loss points in TES unlike what the judges want to show to us. This is my score for the elements I noted they were undercored personally:

3lz-3t bv 10.10 judges GOE 1.52 my GOE 2.10: it actually looked better than the one from the short, better flow, better transitions and match with the music, I don´t know what judges were thinking
2a bv 3.30 judges GOE 0.90 my GOE 1.00: small difference but there is no reason for this jump not reach 1.00 points in GOE with difficult entry and exit with good flow, distance and match with the music as well
3s bv 4.30 judges GOE 0.92 my GOE 1.10: this jump was so soft and with great flow, so effortles.
FSSp3 bv 2.60: As I said before this should have been level 4, there is no reason to downgrate a level, FSSp4 bv 3.00 the GOE is the same here tho.
3lz-2t-2lo<x bv 9.42 judges GOE -1.01 FOR ME is 3lz-2t-2lo bv 9.79 MY GOE 0.80: As I said th 2lo wasn´t underrotated it was as rotated as her 2t that wasn´t called, both were landed more than 270 degrees of rotation, The exit was not that clean and for that close rotation I give her only 0.80 goe but still the technique, the distance, the height are incredible.
finally 3fx bv 5.83 judges GOE 1.14 my GOE 1.80: textbook flip, great height, flow, distance, speed in and out of the jump, no transitions tho but that is enought to receives great GOE

I don´t disagree with the other elements scored in the program but only with this her TES score should have been 69.82 and her PCS 59.03 (two points more than last competition due to better interpretation of the music, performance, and transitions.) resulting in a total score of 128.85, 6.10 points more than what she received. Now you don´t want to give her more PCS ok then her score still would have been 126 aprox. Of course this is just a personal analysis but I think many people will agree with this, Nana was underscored, in my opinion to prevent another skater from a dangerous country to fight for a medal if a russian junior lady fail to deliver, of course this would have not changed nothing due to Nana's sp but is not about the medals or places but about real scores and ISU's credibility, and this is just the fault of the judges and referees, the skaters have nothing to do with this. You don´t agree with my opinion its ok, I don´t try to ofend anyone I just show my opinion about this, everyone can express their opinion about what happened here. I'm not a conspiranoic person lol I don´t usually do this but this time I felt it necesary because it was so obvious that they play a dirty game to Nana :'(.

This entire event was being judged in favor of Russian skaters over others. The scoring of the GOE and PCS in the ladies event was particularly egregious. I noticed this because I do my own scoring of the events with pen and paper to keep track of what is going on. I ended up abandoning my notes some way through the ladies free skate when I realized some of the scores they were giving for GOE were so far off base from what the same skater would get at another event for that jump - thus taking notes was pointless because the scoring and placements weren’t going to even come close to what I had so i might as well just sit back and watch. They were essentially giving skaters in the earlier group 0s for perfectly beautiful triples they would have gotten 2s for elsewhere. Now the issues with the earlier girls is quality on the jumps compared to the later skaters. Not as much speed, height, and distance going in and coming out, and this should be reflected in the GOE. But the Russian skaters were not as perfect in comparison as the GOE they were getting suggests. Yes many of their jumps were well done with speed, height, flow going in and coming out, but not ALL were so perfect and when they would perform a triple that maybe wasn’t so great they were still getting +2, 3, 4 on that jump when the earlier skaters were getting 0s. It was very biased judging.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe the results were correct but one reason was because countries with skaters that had shots at the final deliberately kept their skaters out of this event because they knew exactly how it would go(Japan didn’t choose to send any skater to the men’s event here). Nana was one of maybe 3 skaters/pairs/dance teams in this entire event that had any real shot at threatening a Russian podium sweep and she was absolutely underscored to prevent this from happening. I noticed they were keeping her in the 1,2,3 range for the EXACT same quality as the Russian ladies were getting 2,3,4 on. It is a shame because she was really awesome here.

I have nothing against Russia but it seems like many of the events held there end up this way. When I saw JGP Russia scheduled I knew it would be a Russian show and a lot of other countries would keep their skaters away for this very reason and that’s exactly what happened. It seems like skating is very popular there just like in Japan and it was nice to see a full arena for the juniors for a change - it felt like a real event! But also glad it’s over and we can move back to the empty arenas in neutral countries that may provide some fairer judging as the finalists are decided.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This entire event was being judged in favor of Russian skaters over others. The scoring of the GOE and PCS in the ladies event was particularly egregious. I noticed this because I do my own scoring of the events with pen and paper to keep track of what is going on. I ended up abandoning my notes some way through the ladies free skate when I realized some of the scores they were giving for GOE were so far off base from what the same skater would get at another event for that jump - thus taking notes was pointless because the scoring and placements weren’t going to even come close to what I had so i might as well just sit back and watch. They were essentially giving skaters in the earlier group 0s for perfectly beautiful triples they would have gotten 2s for elsewhere. Now the issues with the earlier girls is quality on the jumps compared to the later skaters. Not as much speed, height, and distance going in and coming out, and this should be reflected in the GOE. But the Russian skaters were not as perfect in comparison as the GOE they were getting suggests. Yes many of their jumps were well done with speed, height, flow going in and coming out, but not ALL were so perfect and when they would perform a triple that maybe wasn’t so great they were still getting +2, 3, 4 on that jump when the earlier skaters were getting 0s. It was very biased judging.

Don’t get me wrong, I believe the results were correct but one reason was because countries with skaters that had shots at the final deliberately kept their skaters out of this event because they knew exactly how it would go(Japan didn’t choose to send any skater to the men’s event here). Nana was one of maybe 3 skaters/pairs/dance teams in this entire event that had any real shot at threatening a Russian podium sweep and she was absolutely underscored to prevent this from happening. I noticed they were keeping her in the 1,2,3 range for the EXACT same quality as the Russian ladies were getting 2,3,4 on. It is a shame because she because she was really awesome here.

I have nothing against Russia but it seems like many of the events held there end up this way. When I saw JGP Russia scheduled I knew it would be a Russian show and a lot of other countries would keep their skaters away for this very reason and that’s exactly what happened. It seems like skating is very popular there just like in Japan and it was nice to see a full arena for the juniors for a change - it felt like a real event! But also glad it’s over and we can move back to the empty arenas in neutral countries that may provide some fairer judging as the finalists are decided.

Because they were not allowed to. They only earned 6th men's JGP spots at JW last season, and the federation does not decide which events they get.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Because they were not allowed to. They only earned 6th men's JGP spots at JW last season, and the federation does not decide which events they get.

This is really true that the Federations do not decide which events they get? I noticed a lot of European countries did not go to JGP USA and assumed it was by their choice as it is much cheaper for them to send a skater to Croatia or Poland than overseas. That event had a lot of skaters from Asian countries, many of whom seem to be training in the USA already so it was more efficient to compete there.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

I don't think so. Skaters are swapped from event to event every week. Feds can send whoever they want to wherever they want. And Russian fed usually has a very good strategy for assignements to make sure that as much as possible ladies get in JGPF.

I can't say the same thing for Japanese fed unfortunately.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't think so. Skaters are swapped from event to event every week. Feds can send whoever they want to wherever they want. And Russian fed usually has a very good strategy for assignements to make sure that as much as possible ladies get in JGPF.

I can't say the same thing for Japanese fed unfortunately.

You misunderstood me. Federations can send whoever they want to events that they have spots at. But if they did not earn spots at all events, they don't get to decide (at least officially), which events they'll have spots at.

Japan didn't choose not to send a man to JGP Russia, they just didn't have a men's spot at that event.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is really true that the Federations do not decide which events they get? I noticed a lot of European countries did not go to JGP USA and assumed it was by their choice as it is much cheaper for them to send a skater to Croatia or Poland than overseas. That event had a lot of skaters from Asian countries, many of whom seem to be training in the USA already so it was more efficient to compete there.

Not generally, as far as I know. There was one country that got a dance spot switched to a different event I believe, but that was noted in some ISU document I think. You could see from the original JGP entries document that they originally had not had a spot at the event, so it was clear a change was made. Now, there may be some back door arrangements made, but who knows.

But also, a lot or countries don't use all their spots, so it's not that they had the spots moved.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I wonder what is happening to Hamada's rink. Maybe she told them to move to another coaches because she knows that she can't teach them what they want to learn. Rika already spends half of her time in Colorado springs.
Anyway, it's a drastic and good move for Satoko. Better than training from time to time with Ghislain Briand. She needs more time with someone who can improve her jumps. I hope it will work.

I thought about this too. Hamada is becoming much more of a manager. I wonder what's going on with Ayaka

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Good short program from Tomoe!:thumbsup:
Moa's program was gorgeous despite the mistake.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Tomoe had the best SP in my opinion, they were many great at this event and she lost some point on the levels maybe but the jumps were huge and with interesting transitions.

Other than that Blue Danube is one of my favourites, I have this tradition of watching the Neujahrskonzert on TV every new year, and Blue Danube are Radetzky march are obviously the most important pieces.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
OH MY GOOD!!! Tomoe's program was fantastic! :love: the jumps ans the edges! imagine if she also has a clean free skate,it's possible and I hope she can do it, she has a great chance to medal here if not win if I'm soo optimistic :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So happy for Tomoe‘s clean skate! Nastia and Tomoe were simply the best today. I think both could’ve scored above 70 though, but still, good job girls!
The blue dress is so stunning on Tomoe, and her smile just makes her performances shine even more. Now keep up the same level in the free skate and medal, Tomoe!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
:shocked: Why Yuna Shiraiwa is not listed at uss classic, isn't she going to compete here?, did she withdraw? what happened? :sad21: