2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

gossipcow

Rinkside
Ooh, nice choice for Kaori. I haven't heard the song before, but it has a cool and upbeat feel that I think would suit Kaori very well. Definitely looking forward to it!

She hasn't announced her FS yet right?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
[19-20] Summer competition#1 - Aqua Cup (at Aqua Rink, Chiba)

Result page: jr ladies (FS only)

Jr. ladies' result:
1. Shiika Yoshioka
2. Hanna Yoshida

Shiika's new FS is to 'Lyra Angelica'. She had stress fracture which prevented her from finishing the previous competition (WD-ed the FS). Hanna joined this competition though she's not from Chiba. Too bad that the 3A challenge in the program was with a fall (but rotated on protocol). In the post-competition interview it is confirmed that Hanna will move up to Junior level. (Adding: Hanna's SP is new to La La Land and FS is the same as last season's).

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara

This season: Plans to include 3A in her FS.

Any evidence to support this plan? She needs super fast rotation to land 3A. Unless someone from "group B": Mai, Yuna, Wakaba, Mako, and Marin surprise us, Satoko looks solid as number 3 and on a good day even number 2 Japanese lady without changing anything. Why would she put at risk her famous consistency? Does she still hope to get on the worlds' top despite ever increasing competition and is she going for big prizes even if it means the risk of meltdowns that can bury her reputation?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Any evidence to support this plan? She needs super fast rotation to land 3A. Unless someone from "group B": Mai, Yuna, Wakaba, Mako, and Marin surprise us, Satoko looks solid as number 3 and on a good day even number 2 Japanese lady without changing anything. Why would she put at risk her famous consistency? Does she still hope to get on the worlds' top despite ever increasing competition and is she going for big prizes even if it means the risk of meltdowns that can bury her reputation?

She said it herself in an interview. Can't find a link now. She said that though she can't land it cleanly for now, she hopes that to include it in her layout will force her to land it.
Her 3rd place at nats could have been a 4th place if an UR was called. She knows that at least one or two girls behind her are dangerous. And i think that after all those season being the 1st, she wants maybe de get back that place.
Moreover, she sees her teammates Rika Kihira and Ayaka Hosoda land 3As and trains quads daily. Maybe she's inspired by them.

lzxnl

Final Flight
It is still under. She hits the ice on the 90° mark. But nontheless that jump is looking good.

I actually think the rotation is there; her exit edge is just another 90 degrees rotated from full rotation. Regardless, the signs are indeed positive. I wonder if her free is going to be ice-show ready too. That would be nuts, although it would be understandable to focus on her short this time.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Here is the full version of Kaori's New Short Program 'No roots':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Coa4zicxdY

This song is superb. Thanks Shae for the discovery.
Though i think she can sell this program in a few months, that song would be perfect for someone who have good dance abilities like Wagner or performes more with her upper body than with skates. The step sequence makes me think about Wakaba's last season SP, Energia. This step sequence needs more energy.

https://youtu.be/9qAVquw6Jx4
Lambiel did a good job and Tomoe is very graceful. The 2A is majestic.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Rika K's 4S in practice https://mobile.twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1145304105956646912
This one looks rotated to me. She's getting those 4 revolutions.

Rika recently said she plans to open her free program with a quad salchow. It seems that her quad jumps have become consistent enough to be included in a program. The next season will be a whole new ballgame.

She said it herself in an interview. Can't find a link now. She said that though she can't land it cleanly for now, she hopes that to include it in her layout will force her to land it.

This video shows Satoko Miyahara has been practicing the triple axel since February.

https://twitter.com/boomsports/status/1097012977725665280

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’m late to the party, but is Satoko really skating to a piece of music that is Egyptian/African inspired? Cool idea; skaters don’t typically use that type of music. Is this true?