2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

Azikin

Medalist
Are there any news about Mai Mihara? Will she be at the nationals or is she out for the whole season?

merleice

Rinkside
Are there any news about Mai Mihara? Will she be at the nationals or is she out for the whole season?

Mai is out for this season. But a pre-Nationals TV program on Kaori yesterday mentioned that according to coach Nakano, Mai’s recovery is progressing smoothly and she is steadily increasing the time she can stay on ice. Hopefully her recovery continues to go well and we are able to see her comeback next season.

lady_bee

Medalist
Mai is out for this season. But a pre-Nationals TV program on Kaori yesterday mentioned that according to coach Nakano, Mai’s recovery is progressing smoothly and she is steadily increasing the time she can stay on ice. Hopefully her recovery continues to go well and we are able to see her comeback next season.

I am not sure how many of you understand Japanese, but I am posting the video of Kaori & Mai, which made me cry:sad21: We are waiting for you Mai! (Thanks to @moco0611chi for tweeting it)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
:hopelessness:
I am not sure how many of you understand Japanese, but I am posting the video of Kaori & Mai, which made me We are waiting for you Mai! (Thanks to @moco0611chi for tweeting it)

Adorable. Heartbreaking. I can't wait for Mai to come back. :hopelessness:

lusterfan

Final Flight
You sure that's a new clip??? Cuz she looks..... The same!!!

Wow..... Like just wow

Billboard said Torino GPF 2019/2020, so this is definitely new!

Very impressed with how graceful and effortless she still glides across the ice, and her flexibility is still very much there. I wonder if she did some training/conditioning prior to this (and why is she even there + skating??), but a very pleasant watch nonetheless!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
So, who is going for a 3A at nationals aside from Rika Kihira this year? I think Mana Kawabe and Hanna Yoshida will go for one in the long program if not the sp as well, Wakaba Higuchi will go for it in the long I'm pretty sure, she is almost entirely concentrating in that jump. I don't think Satoko, Kaori and Yuna will go for a 3A as they said before the season started. Sadly Ayaka Hosoda won't participate this year, she would have landed clean ones again, who more is planning a 3A?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
How has it only just now occurred to me that Rika Kihira is 17 and still landing triple axels like she did at 13? (Remember her Rhapsody in Blue performance?) That is quite incredible. Idk if she’s gone through puberty yet, so maybe it’s not as incredible as I think it is?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
How has it only just now occurred to me that Rika Kihira is 17 and still landing triple axels like she did at 13? (Remember her Rhapsody in Blue performance?) That is quite incredible. Idk if she’s gone through puberty yet, so maybe it’s not as incredible as I think it is?

3As are easier to keep once it's mastered. Midori Ito and Mao Asada still could jump their 3As in their 20s. I think Rika's amazing jump technique is also helping her to keep her jumps consistent.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I am not sure how many of you understand Japanese, but I am posting the video of Kaori & Mai, which made me cry:sad21: We are waiting for you Mai! (Thanks to @moco0611chi for tweeting it)

I can't understand or read a word of it, but the girls are so nice together. It made me cry too!