2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

Caustica

Final Flight
Nana Araki and Tomoe Kawabata will be at JGP Courchevel! (Well - provisionally of course.)
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109474.htm

Pretty awesome to see two juniors I've enjoyed in the past, although I'm a bit surprised they chose to put them together since I would have thought that they're two of the stronger juniors with a good chance of making the final, especially since they are previously known by the judges...?

Anyway, super looking forward to the season finally starting!

ctake

Spectator
Challenger assignments are out!

Autumn Classic: Yuzuru Hanyu, Rika Kihira, Misato Komatsubara/Tim Koleto

Lombardia Trophy: Kazuki Tomono, Mai Mihara, Wakaba Higuchi

US Intl Classic: Keiji Tanaka, Sota Yamamoto, Satoko Miyahara, Yuna Shiraiwa

Nepela Trophy: Mitsuki Sumoto, Kaori Sakamoto, Mako Yamashita

Nebelhorn Trophy: Koshiro Shimada, Marin Honda

Finlandia Trophy: Shoma Uno, Sota Yamamoto, Yuhana Yokoi

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1153930518280359936

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
So no Ayaka Hosoda...
I hope that Asian open trophy won't be cancelled. Maybe she can be sent there.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
So no Ayaka Hosoda...
I hope that Asian open trophy won't be cancelled. Maybe she can be sent there.

I hope she'll get assignments later in the season. Japanese fed should give her a chance :pray:

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Does this make it any more or less likely that she will get invited to the NHK GS?

I don't know. I don't see JSF allow a situation where 3 ladies have 1 spot while there can be one with two spots and the other with one spot. Imo the host pick will be between Marin and Yuhana. But everything is possible.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The JSF camp for junior skaters is currently underway at the ice arena in Chukyo U. This year the special lecturer invited to the camp is Carolina Kostner.
https://twitter.com/AxelQuadruple/status/1155083300869832705?s=20
Participating Jr skaters include:

Ladies-
Yuna Aoki
Nana Araki
Mao Iwano
Chisato URAMATSU
Tomoe Kawabata
Mana KAWABE
Rion Sumiyoshi
Azusa TANAKA
Rino MATSUIKE

Men-
Yuma Kagiyama
Shun Sato
Tatsuya Tsuboi
Kao Miura
Sena Miyake

There are also recommended skaters from Novice A.

NB: I recall seeing a photo of Carolina with Nana Takeshi(?) a few days ago. I thought Carolina is in Japan for the ice show Hyoen. So now it makes sense that she's been invited by JSF. Usually Lambiel would be invited as the instructor to the camp. But since he's in Hyoen during this time, I guess that's why JSF has to find someone else as the instructor (but it's good that Carolina is at the camp.)

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Yuna Shiraiwa and Ayaka Hosoda practising quads.
https://youtu.be/yDKheRegWFo

Yuna has nothing, but Ayaka was this close to landing a 4T.

I wouldn't say Yuna has nothing, clearly her 3As and 4Ts attempts are downgrated but her 4S looked rotated for me! And looks beautiful even with the fall, she needs to land it clean but I think she already has the speed and height for that jump, go Yuna!, I hope she try again 3lz-3lo in competition ( I remember saw a video where she lands a 3lz-3t-3lo combination in 2016 so I think she can land the 3lz-3lo in a program) and bring her jumps back this upcoming season without those ur calls. She is getting taller and taller!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
[19-20] Summer competition (unlisted) - Howa Cup (at Howa Sports Land, Aichi)

Result page: NA

Sr. ladies' result:
1. Yuhana Yokoi (Final scores over 200)
2. Miyabi Oba (FS score 104.00 and FS music to 'Titanic'; source)
3. Hinano Isobe

Jr. ladies' result:
1. Matsuike Rino (winning with FS opening jump 3Lz-3T-2T, FS score: 124.68; source)
2. Nana Araki (FS score: 118.96; FS music to Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, choreographed by Miki Ando; source)
3. Hanna Yoshida (FS score: 114.80; landed 3A in FS; source)

*As this competition is unlisted, there's yet the protocol to be found but only news report.

Glad to see Hanna Yoshida again with the triple axel!, I hope that she gets two junior grand prix spots, also glad that Nana is getting better scores than last season this early, I hope that soon she will break her personal best scores internationally, and wow Matsuike Rino with a score over 124 with a 3lz-3t-2t combination. Her jumps are amazing as Mako Yamashita ones, I remember see her in a competition not so long ago and wow she has really improved, I don't remember how is her lutz (because the video of that competition was erased) but in general I remember that she has great toe pick and edge jumps and minimal prerotation so I think she has textbook jumps

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Wow.
The JGP will be so exciting.

Mana Kawabe actually gets the JGP Lake Placid assignment. So that JGP will have more than just one ladies' skater with the potential to jump 3A, which makes the competition interesting.
I was trying to locate Mana's competition records from last season. But it looks like she only had record with regional competition (Kinki), placing 2nd in Jr. ladies. She WD'ed from the following western sectional so no other record for jr. nationals. It will be interesting to see how she'll do with the competition and skating in general.