2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
What happened with Sui Takeuchi?, she landed a 3a-3t in a local competition two seasons ago, since then she dissapeared, many people thought she would compete at jgp because she was still age elegible but it doesn't happened. She even was practicing 4S!

25th at Western Juniors.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
What happened with Sui Takeuchi?, she landed a 3a-3t in a local competition two seasons ago, since then she dissapeared, many people thought she would compete at jgp because she was still age elegible but it doesn't happened. She even was practicing 4S!

Didn't make it through to Nationals. Probably still injured. Also I think Sui is involved in local synchronized ice skating team (Team Aichi?)

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Didn't make it through to Nationals. Probably still injured. Also I think Sui is involved in local synchronized ice skating team (Team Aichi?)

Didn't notice her on the Synchronized Skating championship that was televised last week (Jingu Ice Messengers won their tenth consecutive national title)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
That's great news. Rika's programs are among my favorite ones this season. Hopefully she remains healthy for the rest of the season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
With less pressure on her this year, more experience and her healing I would not be surprised if she wins it all. The Russian ladies are more vulnerable to growth and you can sense the pressure on them -every competition with all three of the 3A's one of them is seen in tears and in not a good way. Rika and Wakaba could get on that podium.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Great skate today for Mana Kawabe at winter youth olympics! with a new personal best score of 65.84! that was lovely :luv17:, I hope she has a great free program as well tomorrow

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mai posted a happy new year's post on Instagram with her in a lovely pink furisode.

I do not want to go all internet doctor, but this is the first photo of her we've seen in a while, and she looks very gaunt and thin. I really hope she can get better soon. We're all rooting for you, Mai! :cry:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing! Her frail frame is to be expected, after such a hard year as she had. I hope only good things await her in 2020. I miss her in competitions. I have heard she's back on the ice, and I hope all goes smoothly for her from now on.

chloepoco

Medalist
Mai posted a happy new year's post on Instagram with her in a lovely pink furisode.

I do not want to go all internet doctor, but this is the first photo of her we've seen in a while, and she looks very gaunt and thin. I really hope she can get better soon. We're all rooting for you, Mai! :cry:

What a lovely photo! Wishing nothing but the best for this beautiful young lady!

gotoschool

Medalist
I hope Mai is able to return to health quickly, and that she can return to skate again if she wants to. I miss her beautifully smooth and gracefully expressive skating.

gotoschool

Medalist
A little late but after watching the performances of the top 5 at the Youth Olympics, I really thought Mana Kawabe should have finished third as a number of comments expressed beneath the Youth Olympics video. She landed a triple axel and had a fine comeback in the second half of her performance. Wonderful expression and skating too.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
A little late but after watching the performances of the top 5 at the Youth Olympics, I really thought Mana Kawabe should have finished third as a number of comments expressed beneath the Youth Olympics video. She landed a triple axel and had a fine comeback in the second half of her performance. Wonderful expression and skating too.

I think she should have been third too.
Both Russian girls were overscored in the FS, Frolova in particular.