2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Japanese ladies' figure skating

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Well, it's sad for Marin but i hope it will give her the motivation to land her jumps and be more consistent.

There is no forgiveness for her. The first season that she isn't in SB list she gets one GP. She got two GPs in 2017-2018 thanks to SB 24 + junior world silver. She got two GPs in 2017-2018 thanks to SB 24.
While there are others who are not in SB 24 nor didn't do that well internationally but got two GPs. I guess that the disaster at nats made the difference.
I hope she will learn the lesson and make a strong comeback.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
If only there were 3 spots for japan at skate canada :(, I would be so happy if she gets 2 spots in the grand prix series at the end, but that's unlikely, whatever I'm so happy for yuhana to be in two competitions! I hope she includes a tripe axel in her programs again

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist

According to report from twitter, it was a 2ft-landed 3A<<
Here's the result of senior ladies: https://twitter.com/hanasummer88/status/1157251904784568320?s=20

1. Yuka Nagaii 161.97
2. Ibuki Sato 158.16
3. Saki Miyake 155.17
4. Wakaba Higuchi 141.08 (Wakaba didn't do well with her SP skating and only to 5th placement for the SP (scoring under 50))

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Well, it's sad for Marin but i hope it will give her the motivation to land her jumps and be more consistent.

Marin's SP is "Seven Nation Army" and Lori Nichol choreographed her new FP "La La Land". I thought she would repeat the last season's LP "Lovers", which was my favorite, while replacing "Seven Nation Army". The real issue is her short program. "Smile" for the 2016–2017 was perfect but she has been struggling since "Giving". Marin needs a perfect short program at the Cup of China to aim at a podium finish. To do that, she should only include jumps that she can land 100% without adding difficult elements.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Ayaka will be performing at Aurora games
vhttps://auroragamesfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Athlete-List-2.pdf

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Marin's SP is "Seven Nation Army" and Lori Nichol choreographed her new FP "La La Land". I thought she would repeat the last season's LP "Lovers", which was my favorite, while replacing "Seven Nation Army". The real issue is her short program. "Smile" for the 2016–2017 was perfect but she has been struggling since "Giving". Marin needs a perfect short program at the Cup of China to aim at a podium finish. To do that, she should only include jumps that she can land 100% without adding difficult elements.

Marin delivered visually clean SPs in GPs last season. Imo her main issue is that her URs get called everytime unlike some other skaters who get a pass most of the time. That's why that superb performance at Skate America for example got only 62. The crowd reaction shows that that score wasn't expected.
Last season she struggled more in her FS. Not a single visually clean performance. If she can at least not pop or fall her scores will go up. Even with 2-3 URs.

https://twitter.com/corszk1220/status/1157313785679339520?s=21

3A attempts from Kaori, Yuhana, Mako, Satoko and Wakaba at the JSF training camp (and 4S attempts from Yuna)

There is a 3A fever. I see attempts left and right. While most of attempts are not close. Maybe it help to have a good image in fed's eyes.

According to report from twitter, it was a 2ft-landed 3A<<
Here's the result of senior ladies: https://twitter.com/hanasummer88/status/1157251904784568320?s=20

1. Yuka Nagaii 161.97
2. Ibuki Sato 158.16
3. Saki Miyake 155.17
4. Wakaba Higuchi 141.08 (Wakaba didn't do well with her SP skating and only to 5th placement for the SP (scoring under 50))
Wakaba always starts her season loke that. I remember in olympic season, she had similar performances at her two first local competitions but she was ready at Lombardia and skated cleanly in both programs.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Ayaka will be performing at Aurora games
vhttps://auroragamesfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Athlete-List-2.pdf

Interesting. She can maybe still get CS or senior B assignements. But if she doesn't, i will be really disappointed by JSF. I've already said that international assignement should be more split. Ususally those who compete in GPs are the same that we see in CS, at ISU championship and even in senior B. There are like only 1 or 2 exceptions per season. Like last season, Yuna Aoki got a senior B. The previous season Yura Matsuda got a CS, Rin Nitaya too iirc. And some events like universiades or Asian winter games is the occasion for some skaters to cmpete internationally. JSF should give more chances to lower ranked skaters to compete internationally at isu events. Imo, senior B assignements should be given to those skaters. Top skaters already have enough assignements.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
https://twitter.com/corszk1220/status/1157313785679339520?s=21

3A attempts from Kaori, Yuhana, Mako, Satoko and Wakaba at the JSF training camp (and 4S attempts from Yuna)

Thank you for this. I”m very interested in which Japanese girls are close to getting the 3A before start of the season. Although, I know 4/5 girls, I only recognized Satoko. I didn’t look at the last girl with the red shirt. My quick analysis (in order of the jumps) is below:

1. 3A>, fall
2. 3A, fall
3. overrotated 2A, fall
4. Satoko - 2A, weak landing
5. 3A>, fall
6. 3A + knee slide transition out of the jump.

Two girls fully rotated their 3As. The last attempt could be played off. “Yeah, I meant to do that. Part of the choreography, you know?”

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Thank you for this. I”m very interested in which Japanese girls are close to getting the 3A before start of the season. Although, I know 4/5 girls, I only recognized Satoko. I didn’t look at the last girl with the red shirt. My quick analysis (in order of the jumps) is below:

1. 3A>, fall
2. 3A, fall
3. overrotated 2A, fall
5. 3A>, fall

Two girls fully rotated their 3As. The last attempt could be played off. “Yeah, I meant to do that. Part of the choreography, you know?”

Ahahaha :biggrin: You're too nice ;)

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Like last season, Yuna Aoki got a senior B. The previous season Yura Matsuda got a CS, Rin Nitaya too iirc. And some events like universiades or Asian winter games is the occasion for some skaters to cmpete internationally.

I think the difference here is that, for Yura and Rin, they both got their CS/B/other competition assignments based on the results from previous international competitions and/or their attendance to international events such as JGP/GP previously. Yuna A.'s assignment to senior B last season was due to her performance at Japan National, also I think lack of space to send her to a junior level B event (Yuna Shiraiwa had to take one extra space in the B event so she could earn the requirement to get to JWC). I'm guessing without some previous records from international competitions to start with, it's hard for Ayaka to get future international assignment right away.

On a side note, I believe that Ayaka is at the moment visiting Taipei, as shown in this twitter by Emmy Ma: https://twitter.com/emmyma01/status/1157302983643656199?s=20
Actually, Ayaka has been invited to Chinese Taipei FS National Championship for 2nd consecutive year. So she will perform as a special guest during the closing gala. (Adding: Emmy Ma has been rumored to switch country and representing CT and that's why she's in Taiwan for the National Championship)

Dreamer57

Record Breaker

1. 3A>, fall
2. 3A, fall
3. overrotated 2A, fall
5. 3A>, fall

Is it Yuna skating in red? I thought that the original post had all the names in the right order.
It definitely has Mako, Satoko, Wakaba from their Japanese names on screen.

I think a knee slide out of a 3A is an innovative exit! :)
But it's quite hard seeing these ladies taking falls whilst trying such ambitious jumps, I hope they are taking care of their health too.