Favourite immediate reactions after skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Favourite immediate reactions after skating

OniBan

Final Flight
Shoma Uno - falling to his knees after the final pose, and laying on the ice after performing a record-breaking FS despite ankle injury at 4CC 2019. I have no words, just tears when I saw that. The sight of him getting up, exhausted but triumphant, ice flakes in his hair...this will always leave a strong and lasting impression for me.

Mirai Nagasu, after her 2010 US Nationals FS - that "Did I just do that???" moment for her was just so wonderful and infectious, you can't help but cry and laugh along with her. Also Frank Carroll's 'no tears, no tears!' reminder at the boards, and Sandra Bezic going 'I think HAPPY TEARS are allowed!'

Kaori Sakamoto - basically everytime she reacted after she performed a strong FS this past season. Her gut pose and just sheer unabashed display of emotion are so endearing. I love her for it. My most recent favourite was her WTT 2019 FS reaction.

Yuna Kim, bursting into tears after her perfect FS at 2010 Olympics. You can just feel the torrents of relief washing over her in that moment - it makes her so human and relatable.

Mao Asada - THAT moment after Sochi Olympics 2014 FS. So much bittersweet emotion in this one. That was a beautiful performance for the ages, and yet something I personally find painful to remember as well considering what happened in the SP.

Shoma Uno - GPF 2016 FS, he was so into the character of his program that he held the ending pose longer than he usually did, before breaking out of the moment. The effect was astounding and intense, he was just standing there - body taut and tense, eyes all dark and focused and the next moment - breath of relief and facial expression softening. It's just unforgettable. (https://youtu.be/jh_MDziMUVk?t=300)

Shoma Uno - Pyeongchang Olympics 2018 Team Event SP - The adorable smile that came because he stumbled during the ending pose, LOL. And that was the smile captured and plastered all over the news the day after hahahaa.

Akiko Suzuki - 2013 Japan Nationals FS - the way the joy and exuberance of her skating bleeds into her ending pose and her reaction, coupled with the way the audience felt that performance and reacted in kind, just food for the heart

energywithin22

Rinkside
Shoma Uno - falling to his knees after the final pose, and laying on the ice after performing a record-breaking FS despite ankle injury at 4CC 2019. I have no words, just tears when I saw that. The sight of him getting up, exhausted but triumphant, ice flakes in his hair...this will always leave a strong and lasting impression for me.

Mirai Nagasu, after her 2010 US Nationals FS - that "Did I just do that???" moment for her was just so wonderful and infectious, you can't help but cry and laugh along with her. Also Frank Carroll's 'no tears, no tears!' reminder at the boards, and Sandra Bezic going 'I think HAPPY TEARS are allowed!'

Kaori Sakamoto - basically everytime she reacted after she performed a strong FS this past season. Her gut pose and just sheer unabashed display of emotion are so endearing. I love her for it. My most recent favourite was her WTT 2019 FS reaction.

Yuna Kim, bursting into tears after her perfect FS at 2010 Olympics. You can just feel the torrents of relief washing over her in that moment - it makes her so human and relatable.

Mao Asada - THAT moment after Sochi Olympics 2014 FS. So much bittersweet emotion in this one. That was a beautiful performance for the ages, and yet something I personally find painful to remember as well considering what happened in the SP.

Shoma Uno - GPF 2016 FS, he was so into the character of his program that he held the ending pose longer than he usually did, before breaking out of the moment. The effect was astounding and intense, he was just standing there - eyes all dark and focused and the next moment - breath of relief and facial expression softening. It's just unforgettable. (https://youtu.be/jh_MDziMUVk?t=300)

Shoma Uno - Pyeongchang Olympics 2018 Team Event SP - The adorable smile that came because he stumbled during the ending pose, LOL. And that was the smile captured and plastered all over the news the day after hahahaa.

Akiko Suzuki - 2013 Japan Nationals FS - the way the joy and exuberance of her skating bleeds into her ending pose and her reaction, coupled with the way the audience felt that performance and reacted in kind, just food for the heart

Akiko was an underrated skater in general, imo..

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
One of my all time favourites - Evgeni Plushenko after 2011 Europeans FS.

There have been many more of course, Evgenia Medvedeva after 2019 worlds FS and S/M after the Olympics come to mind.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Javi's "goat noises" - 2015 Worlds
Sean Rabbitt, immediately following his 2019 US Nationals short program (but before the K&C moments) - tears of joy
Ashley Cain, Timothy Le Duc, & Peter Cain @ 2019 US Nationals
Evgenia M.'s reaction after her free skate @ 2019 Worlds

Orlov

Medalist
Medvedeva's tears after the end of FP on OG2018. Tears she appeared during the skating, and it was noticeable. At the end of the program, a locomotive whistle sounded (Karenina’s death) Zhenya froze in a protective gesture and burst into tears - it was heartbreaking.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
This must be my all time favourite. Javier Fernández after a near-perfect short in the French GP in 2017. He had had a very difficult time in China in the first GP and was probably under a lot of pressure to get it right this time - from himself partcularly, it was the Olympic season and you wanna feel confident!

Javi very rarely did (breaks my heart that I had to edit the present tense to past there) anything big and wild, he did not shout, jump, pump fists or anything, even after the most superb performances (just so that you know, Boston Guys and Dolls, Helsinki Malaguena. He is very subdued indeed, but there in France, the smile on his face when he finished and was still in the final position and then the tiny twirl to show how utterly pleased he was... Can you do it any more elegantly and sweetly?

E

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Plushy's fist pump and the cheering of the crowd at the Sochi 2014 Team Event. The King, ladies and gentlemen. Crowning moment of awesome right there. :yes2:

T/M's reaction after their glorious SP at Worlds. I was so happy for them! Despite being at home and not at the ice rink I was cheering my lungs out for them. :biggrin: