Can figure skates get stretched a lot in width? | Golden Skate

Can figure skates get stretched a lot in width?

stepbystep

Spectator
Im considering getting edea chorus. as I tried in the pro shop, the brand in general is too narrow on me, and C seems like the widest available in US. The D or EE width are either not available or take months to be made and shipped from Europe...

I thought about going for a size up to mitigate the squeezing, but the sales person suggests that I should stick with the same length and work only on the width, otherwise my feet would move back and forth inside.

In comparison to other wider fitting brands such as Jackson or risport, I am still leaning towards edea because its padding is incomparably soft and the boots are a ton lighter. But only if it is capable to be stretched a lot...:((

Does anyone have experience on this? thanks a lot! :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Im considering getting edea chorus. as I tried in the pro shop, the brand in general is too narrow on me, and C seems like the widest available in US. The D or EE width are either not available or take months to be made and shipped from Europe...

I thought about going for a size up to mitigate the squeezing, but the sales person suggests that I should stick with the same length and work only on the width, otherwise my feet would move back and forth inside.

In comparison to other wider fitting brands such as Jackson or risport, I am still leaning towards edea because its padding is incomparably soft and the boots are a ton lighter. But only if it is capable to be stretched a lot...:((

No. You will have to get the width you need from Europe and wait on them. Do NOT get a higher size up in length because then you will be in a world of trouble.

The other thing you could do is try to see if Jackson feels okay on your foot or Risport and do a semi custom for the width, but those might have to come from Canada (Jackson) or Italy (Risport).

Good luck!

jf12

Final Flight

No, my C Edeas fit perfectly in the heel and we had to stretch half a width in the forefoot and that was still considered a lot of stretching. If they’re too narrow overall C is not going to work.

thesoundofice

Rinkside
Hi, I hope this might help you.
I have a regular heel but my feet are much wider in the front part and I have high arches. I have Edea Chorus in D width. The first pair I tried were C :heel was perfect, but my poor toes were squished. It felt so uncomfortable. Instead of stretching the boots, the shop owner suggested I tried D width Personally, I didn't feel any difference in the heels but the front part was wider and fit perfectly.
I think my boots have a split width: C heels and D ball but I' m not 100% sure because I didn't ask.
I'm from Italy, so getting D's was not a problem. If I were you I'd prefer to wait longer and get boots that fits me instead of having them stretched without any benefit.

stepbystep

Spectator
Hi, I hope this might help you.
I have a regular heel but my feet are much wider in the front part and I have high arches. I have Edea Chorus in D width. The first pair I tried were C :heel was perfect, but my poor toes were squished. It felt so uncomfortable. Instead of stretching the boots, the shop owner suggested I tried D width Personally, I didn't feel any difference in the heels but the front part was wider and fit perfectly.
I think my boots have a split width: C heels and D ball but I' m not 100% sure because I didn't ask.
I'm from Italy, so getting D's was not a problem. If I were you I'd prefer to wait longer and get boots that fits me instead of having them stretched without any benefit.

Thank you so much for the information! And so jealous that you are in Italy :))

SusanaFG

Rinkside
No, my C Edeas fit perfectly in the heel and we had to stretch half a width in the forefoot and that was still considered a lot of stretching. If they’re too narrow overall C is not going to work.
Hi, maybe it is stupid question: How did you streth the boot? because according to the seller tells me Edea boots cannot be applied heat.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi, maybe it is stupid question: How did you streth the boot? because according to the seller tells me Edea boots cannot be applied heat.
Some can be heat molded slightly, this is depending on what style boot you have. Edea is synthetic boots so they don't respond to heat molding as much or at all like leather boots of other brands do.

Elija

On the Ice
They can’t be baked, but they can have heat applied to a spot (usually with a hairdryer or similar). Don’t do it yourself!! I watched my coach do it with my old skates and my tech will my skates before that, and they applied heat with a hairdryer and the put the boot on a stretcher.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I've baked Edea Chorus before on the advice of a trusted skate tech. We did it in a domestic electric oven (not gas!) at 100 degrees centigrade. They were still too narrow for the skater, though. She now has Jackson Debuts in the wide fitting, which have been heated and stretched twice over by the skate tech. They fit much better and way more comfortably than her original Edea Overtures in the E fitting.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Edeas can be stretched but I believe there is no heat involved. I say that because I had Edea's for years and always had to stretch out the forefoot and would immediately put them on after stretching and would feel no heat whatsoever. What I liked is that they would never shrink back to their original shape unlike some leather boots I've had but more modern leather boots don't do that anymore.