Help, my new skates hurt! | Golden Skate

Help, my new skates hurt!

adultskater18

Rinkside
Spin off from the other thread. NB: I am working with my skate shop to fix the problem but curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. At this point, I don't know if maybe these are just not the right skates for me.

Background: beginner adult, skating about 6 months, working on adult pre-bronze moves in the field, not exactly sure of my level (pretty basic). I have been in Jackson Artistes since the beginning, they are pretty beat up now and I need more support. Got new skates recently, Riedell 255 motion. I have very narrow ankles and calves so these were the only ones that fit. I tried on several Jackson boots and all of them are too loose in the ankles/calves.

They were too tight but I got them stretched/punched out and they seem mostly okay. They feel fine when I put them on, don't feel too tight or anything, but after about 10-15 minutes of skating, I get awful burning, cramping, INTENSE pain in the bottom of my foot, around the arch and toward the heel. I tried arch supports (from Riedell), it helped a little but not much. I don't think this is typical "breaking in new skates" pain. It is intense and radiates up my foot and ankle. I have to immediately stop and take my skates off when the pain starts because it is so bad. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I just can't tolerate it. I have been trying to ignore the pain and skate longer in them to break them in, but usually by about 20 minutes I have to take them off.

I really have no clue what to do. I never had pain like this with my Jackson skates. I really don't want to buy another pair of skates! I know I have weird feet, but being a beginner, I'm not ready to shell out for custom skates just yet.