2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 82 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Alysa has a real charm and charisma about her. She has worked really hard, has improved tremendously, and was really fun to watch today.

frida80

Record Breaker
Not only was the 4Lz effortless, it was bigger, had more distance, and there was a lot more height. If she can put the same amount of effort in all of her triples, I think she'll start racking up higher GOE.

Alysa has nearly THREE months to improve as the Final will be begin in Italy on December 8th. Best of luck to Alysa.

Knowing Alysa, she’s going to start training for it as soon as she gets back home. I expect she’ll compete at regionals and sectionals, even though she has a double bye for nationals. SoCal interclub is next week, so I don’t think she’ll go to that one. However, USFS May very well send her to a small international competition to get some more miles on her programs. She just loves to compete.

- - - Updated - - -

Isabeau's Free Skate starts around 2:10:00 --> https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/watch/?Archive=763&type=Live

TES: 71.30 / PCS: 40.78 --> TS: 171.72 (57.64+114.08)

Layout: 3Lz+3T, 3Lz, 3F, 2A+3T / 3Lo+Eu+3S, 2Lz (maxed out triples), and 2A

She was not pleased with her Free Skate score, but I'm sure that by Nationals she will score 180+.

180 as a novice. Unreal.

natsulian

Final Flight
Fun fact: Isabeau Levito and Lindsay Thorngren have competed against one another ever since the Juvenile level. After Isabeau lost to Lindsay at the 2019 Nationals, she instantly worked on a 3Lz+3T combo and refined her jumps, movements, speed, etc. Competition is healthy and has led to the depth we now have today in the lower ranks.

More novice ladies attempted a 3-3 this year than senior ladies. Most of our novice ladies have ALL of their triples and consistent 3-2, 2+3, or even 3-3. Also, the focus on skating skills as being the largest portion of the PCS has led to very unique and musical skaters (but not a lot of edge work). Hopefully the US can continue to foster and develop the younger ranks. Competitions like this definitely help as it was competitive, nerve inducing, and almost Nationals-like as the top skaters were invited.

tokoyami

On the Ice
Not only was the 4Lz effortless, it was bigger, had more distance, and there was a lot more height. If she can put the same amount of effort in all of her triples, I think she'll start racking up higher GOE.

Alysa has nearly THREE months to improve as the Final will be begin in Italy on December 8th. Best of luck to Alysa.

if her 4lz was really so much bigger and covered so much distance don't you think it's weird the TP mistook it as a triple at first?

natsulian

Final Flight
if her 4lz was really so much bigger and covered so much distance don't you think it's weird the TP mistook it as a triple at first?

Have you seen how fast she rotates in real time? You have to slow it down to truly see the 4 rotations. I remember trying to decipher if her Aurora Games 4Lz was under (it was) and literally had to put the playback speed at 0.25 because of how insanely fast she rotates. Her triples look like doubles and this goes for people like Kamila too. They rotate very fast and efficiently.

yyyskate

Record Breaker

really should NOT treat tech controller as some know-it-all almighty authority, just my $0.02.
in the same event, tech controller thought another skater's stsq ends when she reached the end of board, actually there are at least 2 more difficult turns afterwards. These are just the skaters that I watched.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
speaking of Alysa's 4LZ and 3LZ, her 4LZ looks more like a regular 3LZ in terms of air position, when she does her 3LZ, she rap around her legs a bit to slow down the rotation, whilst other skaters needs the tight air position to finish their 3lz.

katymay

Medalist

I think this is about her rotation, it is so tight and fast, that it is difficult to tell sometimes whether she is doing a 2A or a 3A, 3L or a 4L.

qwerty1195

On the Ice
The amount of dislikes Alysa’s Free Skate video has drives me nuts. The bottomline is some people get really mad when a non-Russian becomes a podium threat.

Shani

On the Ice
Alyssa had great skates today. She was secure enough mentally to put out triple axle combos in short and long, knowing her long term goal is the Olympic title. The object was landing the jumps in competition to keep her tech content up. I think if she skates like this mentally and competitively her second US title is assured, and long term goals feasible as long as she doesn't hit the growth spurt as so many others do in puberty. Let's wait and see.

mrrice

Record Breaker
The comments under the ISU's facebook post are also just horrible.

I just saw Alysa's Free Program on YouTube. Believe it not, I was most impressed by her performance quality. After digging herself out of that 3A combo, she relaxed and had an amazing skate. Light and beautiful. If she skates that way at Nationals, I can't see any of the other ladies beating her. She's still too young for senior worlds, right. I love that she is a true threat to the Russian Girls who I also love. It makes the sport more exciting.

natsulian

Final Flight
The thing is, Alysa doesn't have an established fanbase and because figure skating today is not how it was then in the U.S., she won't have mobs of die-hard fans to protect and defend her. She will have to slowly build up her fanbase. Also, the average viewer does not care about dislike to like ratio and probably think that her anti-fans colluded to down-vote. I don't take it seriously unless they're overtly malicious. Most of the comments talk about her technique and the Russian fanbase is a million times as huge as the American one so we are always going to get drowned. Nothing to do except keep trudging along and keep this place as positive as can be. Unless you're going to add something POSITIVE or CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, don't be apart of the conversation.

truthbooth

On the Ice
The comments under the ISU's facebook post are also just horrible.

The online backlash against Alysa after Lake Placid and now Gdańsk is nothing short of disturbing.

I’m proud of Alysa today for overcoming a 4th place short and winning. As another poster mentioned, it is somewhat beneficial to have had this experience of coming from behind. Now, she knows she can do it, even despite a small mistake at the beginning of her free skate. This kind of mental strength will continue to set her apart — both domestically and internationally.

Alysa has plenty of time to train and improve before the JGPF, where the pressure will be even greater than it was before. I wish her much success.