2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

KatGrace1925

Medalist
I agree. I wish her well. Hopefully with less pressure on her this year she can do what she really wants to do. I am not going to deny I had mixed feelings about her last year's attempt. I haven't followed everything but it is a bit confusing. Was Gracie really ready to compete with triples at Russia? Was showing up at Russia just a way to keep her in the running for Nationals because perhaps she knew she couldn't make it out of Regionals/Sectionals? Regardless hopefully she now has the opportunity to explore her come back and what she really wants. Life will go on for Gracie with or without competitive skating.

I think many of us are confused about Russia cause she didn’t have the triples. It seemed like she wanted the nationals bye from competing with the hopes of having more to show by nationals. It was her last chance to use her comeback clause? I think it might have been a good thing in the long run cause it seems to me like it was a wake up call on making sure she’s fully ready before going out again.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I thought Ting was too young to compete in Seniors (worlds)

She's a new full senior this year (she competed a few senior events last year) and has two grand prix assignments this season! I would even consider her one of the main contenders for a Worlds spot this year. :agree:

doublequad

On the Ice
Gracie never really had issues with her jumps or consistent triple-triples physically. She had good PCS too. It was always her mental focus that let her down. She's also been on the highest rungs internationally - 4th at Sochi, 4th in Boston Worlds... I really don't see a problem with her attempting a triple axel and that's doable. Quads, maybe another story. But certainly neither is a cheap trick.

And Mirai worked damn hard on that triple axel.

andromache

Record Breaker
I am SO excited to see Ting this week!! She has all the pieces, but she can't always put them together. Also, there's been rumors that her LP (I think?) is incredibly beautiful. I am stoked.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Last time someone asked her, she said yes. That was a few months ago.

While this is true, it appears from following her social media, that she has also been at her old rink quiet a bit. Not saying she switched from Tom, but she clearly isn’t full time with him at the Olympic training center.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hNhfJnpfe/?igshid=jarrhnzaln1v
Gracie continuing to work hard! Her snap is so good on this attempt

She looks to be in great shape, too. It's amazing how Gracie has been improving so much in the last few months, given how many of us thought her progress in the last year wouldn't get her back to doing all the triples again. Whether or not she's ready to compete full programs with the consistency she had, it's clear that she has made noticeable improvement recently and is able to do all the jumps she competed with before.

natsulian

Final Flight
While this is true, it appears from following her social media, that she has also been at her old rink quiet a bit. Not saying she switched from Tom, but she clearly isn’t full time with him at the Olympic training center.

She goes to her old rink to get choreography. Last time she competed at Broadmoor, she was with Tom. I don’t know the details, but I hope she’s staying with him. She’s been coach hopping and seems to have gotten accustomed to the people at the rink.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Checking Ting's 2019 Bio, she still has Tom listed as her coach. I hope things are settled by now and she is able to focus on her beautiful skating.