2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Kate Wang just performed to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" at Glacier Falls. Wang's jumps were 3Lz+3T, 3Lo, and 2A.

Wang has a 3Lz+3Lo in her Free I believe and has a good chance of getting a Junior Grand Prix.

I don’t think you’re supposed to be providing play by play info out here during a comp.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Megan Wessenberg and Gabriella Izzo performed their short programs last night, but I didn’t get to see. What music are they using?

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Megan Wessenberg and Gabriella Izzo performed their short programs last night, but I didn’t get to see. What music are they using?

Wessenberg performed to a version of “Tainted love”, I can’t remember Izzo’s music...but what I do remember is Izzo landing a completely clean 3f-3lo:yahoo:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Wessenberg performed to a version of “Tainted love”, I can’t remember Izzo’s music...but what I do remember is Izzo landing a completely clean 3f-3lo:yahoo:

Gabriella Izzo only received a score of 59+ yet she landed a flip-loop? Perhaps she UR it? But I noticed that Alysa received a 75+ score.

natsulian

Final Flight
Gabriella Izzo only received a score of 59+ yet she landed a flip-loop? Perhaps she UR it? But I noticed that Alysa received a 75+ score.

Izzo fell on a 3Lz which is worth 5.9 and add in the grade of execution scores and she would have scored 65+. Also, Izzo received only 25.88 in the PCS department. As for Alysa, her TES was only 42, so she probably received an under-rotation call on the 3Lz+3T.

Note: all of the girls who tried the Rippon on their jumps fell. Can we please start a petition to stop these girls from attempting Rippon jumps unless their success rate is 90% or above? It throws them off axis and it sacrifices stability and consistency for aesthetics and maybe higher GOE... but that only comes WHEN they land it properly.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Izzo fell on a 3Lz which is worth 5.9 and add in the grade of execution scores and she would have scored 65+. Also, Izzo received only 25.88 in the PCS department. As for Alysa, her TES was only 42, so she probably received an under-rotation call on the 3Lz+3T.

Note: all of the girls who tried the Rippon on their jumps fell. Can we please start a petition to stop these girls from attempting Rippon jumps unless their success rate is 90% or above? It throws them off axis and it sacrifices stability and consistency for aesthetics and maybe higher GOE... but that only comes IF they land it properly.

Thanks!
Do u happen to know Gabriella’s short program music?

Ykai

On the Ice

Note: all of the girls who tried the Rippon on their jumps fell. Can we please start a petition to stop these girls from attempting Rippon jumps unless their success rate is 90% or above? It throws them off axis and it sacrifices stability and consistency for aesthetics and maybe higher GOE... but that only comes WHEN they land it properly.

Big and powerful jumps with good distance coverage is much more aesthetically pleasing for me than the rippon. Well, that's just me.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

It was definitely clean. I replayed it in slow-mo multiple times. It was very impressive...unfortunately she fell on 3lz and in real time I noticed a level issue with one of her spins. That’s probably the reason for the lower score.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It was definitely clean. I replayed it in slow-mo multiple times. It was very impressive...unfortunately she fell on 3lz and in real time I noticed a level issue with one of her spins. That’s probably the reason for the lower score.

I wonder if she is planning to skate on the JGP this year. The 3Lo is the required solo jump, so she won't be able to use that combo if she does.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I wonder if she is planning to skate on the JGP this year. The 3Lo is the required solo jump, so she won't be able to use that combo if she does.

I’m guessing she’s not. I think she’s going to try for senior B’s and possibly the SA host spot. Not sure though, but that’s what it looks like to me.