2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

truthbooth

On the Ice
Congratulations to Bradie for qualifying for her first GPF! She put out two awesome competitions and she 100% deserves it. And to think she was injured over the summer, missed ACI, and only had a month to train before the GP makes this achievement all the more impressive.

Also super happy for Mariah Bell for also putting out two awesome competitions and winnnig medals at both her GP for the first time. She should be very proud, too.

Our leading senior ladies have never looked better. Add in Alysa Liu, and the US ladies are making a statement. :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Bradie still has to complete her LP in Warsaw, right? I wonder if she'll have extra energy knowing she's already in the Final.

evasorange

Final Flight
Huh it’s kinda strange to me that a skater with two gp medals is behind one that only has one. I mean I know silver is worth more then bronze but I would think two 3rds would be worth more then 2+4. Well at any rate both of them can be extremely proud of the skates they put out on the Grand Prix At this point top USA ladies are neck and neck with the Japanese and in fact I would give them the slight edge, with only Rika coming out on top. Kaori has a lot more she can give, but if she can all pull it together remains to be seen. Bradie and Mariah both have shown they can put it all together and not fall apart when little mistakes start to creep in, and nether struggle with urs the way satoko does. I’m still expecting a Russian worlds sweep because isu gonna isu but spots 4-10 is gonna be very interesting. I know we aren’t even half way through the season yet, but at this point I would cautiously say that maybe three spots back isn’t out of reach

natsulian

Final Flight
Isabelle Inthisone attempted a two 3-3 combination Free Program at Eastern Sectionals. This girl wants IT ALL.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
2 GP medals for Mariah!!! Wow

Personally I stil think 3+3 is better than 2+4 but nevermind

I'm happy for Bradie too!

truthbooth

On the Ice
Isabelle Inthisone attempted a two 3-3 combination Free Program at Eastern Sectionals. This girl wants IT ALL.

Did you mean Isabeau Levito? I wasn't sure because Isabeau competed at Easterns and Isabelle competed at Mids but also attempted two 3-3.

Well thats the international standard these days. nothing too outstanding at all

Isabeau is 12 and wasn't even JGP-eligible this year. This is a novice-level event. Even one 3-3 attempt at this level is rare, never mind a 3Lz+3T, 3Lo+1Eu+3S, and a 2A+3T all in one free skate. They were all called clean and she scored 112+.

She has now earned the opportunity to "skate up" and participate in the Junior Ladies event at Nationals, where she has a very good shot at a medal and possibly even gold. Expect to see her on the JGP next season.

frida80

Record Breaker
I can’t wait to see Isabeau at nationals. She not only did two triple triple a but a 2A+3T as well. I hope the 3A is training is going smoothly. If she can work on her rotations, she should be good next year in the JGP.

macy

Record Breaker
I think Isabeau has a lot going for her and is playing the cards right to get on the JGP next year. I think shes trying to do everything she can to make that happen, hence the super difficult content. The biggest thing that stands out to me with her skating is the lack of speed. She is very slow going into her jumps, but that usually comes with time. I'm sure her goal is junior national champ this year to seal the deal for JGP and maybe jr worlds this year (if she's eligible).

natsulian

Final Flight
With better packaging and improvements in skating skills and speed, Isabeau will become a threat next season. If she can get the 3A in time and start landing it consistently, I think she’ll be contending for medals. Her rivalry with Nini next year will be very interesting to watch.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
oops yes i forgot about that! Too focused on Mariah beating Liza Tuk in tiebreaker score lol

It is amazing how well the US ladies have done. I am not sure I would put Mariah in the same league as Bradie. THough if she skates consistently or wins Nats then that will be different. HOwever, beating Liza T while amazing and encouraging - you also are beating the no. 5 or 6 Russian lady which in perspective well...not really all that great when you are part of the great US team:) Bradie consistently delivers and I said she could win a world medal. The US have 4 very strong senior ladies when on Bradie, Mariah, Karen & Ting. Well rounded skaters. And maybe a fifth - did anyone see Gracie's sp at sectionals. She was looking very strong. Okay no triple triple but no pops either. Her skating is definitely heavier and not as fast or not as much amplitude on the jumps or spins but she is getting there. Looks like she will make it to Nats! Wouldn't that be nice. (Okay nice for Gracie but yes, it will be at the cost of some other lady.

waltzjump2

Rinkside
About Gracie— someone’s always replacing someone else in competitions like this. Whoever doesn’t advance doesn’t advance no matter who’s ahead of them. Gracie’s score didn’t look inflated, and I wish everyone else their absolute best. (Hope I didn’t understand what you meant)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
With better packaging and improvements in skating skills and speed, Isabeau will become a threat next season. If she can get the 3A in time and start landing it consistently, I think she’ll be contending for medals. Her rivalry with Nini next year will be very interesting to watch.

What Isabeau has going for her is her innate musicality and natural charm. She loves performing and skates with such joy.

ec00834

On the Ice
The scoring for the junior ladies at the Pacific Coast Sectionals seemed much lower than for those at the other two sectionals:scratch2: