2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 184 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Congratulations Calista Choi is in first place (61.82 points) after the junior ladies short!:biggrin: (3lz-3t< , 3lo , 2a. No Deds. )
Also, fun fact: there were 6 cleanly landed triple-triples and 10 landed with a < in the junior ladies event. Looking forward to the long!

breadstal

Record Breaker
Just checked some videos of Calista, and WOW, she's such a beautiful skater!!! Her lines, arms, SS, carriage, spins :love: Her jumps have a nice height and distance but she seems to not have consistency on them, and no 3-3 :/ I'll cheer for her though, she's a joy to watch, I hope she will have clean free!

About Gracie, I hope she will do well, but by judging of that run-through, I'm worried about her going through the whole free. I'm not sure if her stamina is there yet, there's still work to be done, honestly. Her jumps indeed look GOOD.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Isabeau Levito in 3rd after the SP with 59+ points. 3lz3t, 2a, 3lo, all fully rotated. Level 3 StSq, Level 3 & 4 spins. All positive GOE. Wish I could see videos of both Calista and Isabeau :)

KatGrace1925

Medalist
About Gracie, I hope she will do well, but by judging of that run-through, I'm worried about her going through the whole free. I'm not sure if her stamina is there yet, there's still work to be done, honestly. Her jumps indeed look GOOD.

Stamina is what seems to be the hardest to get back. I read the practice notes and it sounded like a lot of good stuff was going on outside the run through. I just am excited to see her skating with determination and fight because she wants this, she wants to be there and seeing that is wonderful. The last nationals she was at it was like the opposite was going on, she was trained and able to do the jumps then but she didn't fight for it. The difference this time around just gets me excited to see her out there doing this for herself and no one else.

tothepointe

On the Ice
Stamina is what seems to be the hardest to get back. I read the practice notes and it sounded like a lot of good stuff was going on outside the run through. I just am excited to see her skating with determination and fight because she wants this, she wants to be there and seeing that is wonderful. The last nationals she was at it was like the opposite was going on, she was trained and able to do the jumps then but she didn't fight for it. The difference this time around just gets me excited to see her out there doing this for herself and no one else.

I feel that for the first jump that she popped that there was just someone in her blindspot and it might have been hard to tell that they were just at the boards. I would think that managing a competition practice is something that you forget how to manage and maybe she doesn't have the confidence to be like GET OUT OF MY WAY.

natsulian

Final Flight
Calista probably has the best skating skills among all the Junior ladies and some senior ladies. The way she moves and her edge work are just so effortless and seamless. What a talent. I hope she finds some consistency in her jumps. As for Isabeau, she’s held back by GOE much like Alysa and I hope she can work on her skating skills, speed, and getting bigger jumps. A very talented young lady indeed. So sad for Isabelle who has big and consistent jumps but struggles with the spins and PCS. She talked about training a 3A so maybe that’s why her 2A has been so inconsistent in practice and in competition? She over-rotates the 2A and from watching practice videos, I legit thought she fell on downgraded and under-rotated 3As.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I just remember a few years ago, Tessa Hong made headlines being the youngest lady participating in senior nationals, but haven't heard anything about her for a while. Has she already retired?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Just checked some videos of Calista, and WOW, she's such a beautiful skater!!! Her lines, arms, SS, carriage, spins :love: Her jumps have a nice height and distance but she seems to not have consistency on them, and no 3-3 :/ I'll cheer for her though, she's a joy to watch, I hope she will have clean free!

Calista actually landed a 3lutz + 3toe today in the short program! It was slightly under, but other than that the landing wasn't bad. There is hope!

brightphoton

Medalist
I just remember a few years ago, Tessa Hong made headlines being the youngest lady participating in senior nationals, but haven't heard anything about her for a while. Has she already retired?

I remember she had some sort of bone disease, like her muscles were turning into bone? stone? She retired ...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No matter what happens in competition, Gracie deserves so much admiration for making it this far. It’s been pretty amazing to watch her improvement.

I gave her a dozen roses after practice. Told her she was everything and come in first or come in last she would still be everything. Her goal isn’t to win Nationals this year. It’s to put forward two cleanish skates.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Gracie made it through Regionals and Sectionals. She will make it through Nationals.

princessalica

Final Flight
It sounds terrible. Hope it is not something called FOP which has only 800 cases worldwide (per wiki).

Osgood-schlatter???? I think it’s the same thing one of the Russian skaters was dealing with. Maybe polina tsurskaya. I’m sure I spelled it incorrectly.