2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

halulupu

Final Flight
she purposely marked the jump in the clip.
The rest was also very basic. I dont see any quad or 3a potential or even constant clean 3-3 potential, only level 3 spins. So why should she come back? For a 10th place at nationals? She never had gracie natural talent. By the way any news of gracies first summer competition?

evasorange

Final Flight
The rest was also very basic. I dont see any quad or 3a potential or even constant clean 3-3 potential, only level 3 spins. So why should she come back? For a 10th place at nationals? She never had gracie natural talent. By the way any news of gracies first summer competition?

Never change golden skate never change smh

And far be it for me to defend Bradie but its really not fair or accurate to say that the Russian ladies are more consistent then her. How many meltdowns did we see Alina have last season? How many pops and falls from Elizaveta and Evgenia? Only Sophia I would say could be accurately described as more consistent

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wagner just posted a clip on instagram of her skating her la la land FS with a caption saying shes having a rough go getting through a long program...

Is there hope still?

Could you post a link for those of us not on Instagram please?

halulupu

Final Flight
Never change golden skate never change smh

And far be it for me to defend Bradie but its really not fair or accurate to say that the Russian ladies are more consistent then her. How many meltdowns did we see Alina have last season? How many pops and falls from Elizaveta and Evgenia? Only Sophie I would say could be accurately described as more consistent
?I never spoke about bradie or any russian lady. Guess u misunderstood something

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
It's great to see Rachael Flatt's update on her life. I've always wondered why someone would opt for a Masters and PhD in Psychology rather than become an MD Psychiatrist?

andromache

Record Breaker
It's great to see Rachael Flatt's update on her life. I've always wondered why someone would opt for a Masters and PhD in Psychology rather than become an MD Psychiatrist?

To be an MD, even in psychiatry, you have to do all of the medical school stuff and get some training in all medical fields. With a PhD in psychology, you don't need to go through the training to be a medical doctor.

katymay

Medalist
i don't see Starr getting any further than she has this season. she NEEDS to change coaches if she wants more success...her SS, artistry, speed, and junior-ish skating has not improved in the last couple years, and it's not an option to fix those if she wants to win international/national medals. a triple axel, even if landed clean in competition, is not going to be the solution.

i'm certain we will see Mariah up her tech content this year, but i'm not sure if we will see clean skates and landed/rotated 3+3's from her. she has a lot of potential to be US #1 if she puts it together.

i think Bradie will have a similar season to this last one. i think she will continue to show us improved artistry and i'm hoping she brings a consistent lutz loop, but she struggled with it so much last season, so i'm not holding my breath. she does have the ability to recapture her US title.

i really think Alysa is going to be the star of this season. she has a couple more years before her mind starts playing games with her at competition, and i'm anticipating some successful quad attempts in competition along with her 3A. i think she's going to be neck and neck with Valieva on the JGP, and it's going to be really exciting.

i have a feeling Ting is going to struggle this season. there will be added pressure for being a first time senior and add in her consistency issues and potentially harder tech content, i think it's going to be too much too soon. IMO it would be wise for her team to go for solid, clean outings this year and get her comfortable with skating clean programs in senior competition, and wait to add quads until next season. hoping for the best regardless, she has the potential to be in the US top 3.

i'm going to keep my fingers crossed that Amber can finally put it together and keep it together. she has SO much potential and it's so frustrating to see her continually struggle with consistency. i don't know if a coaching change is the solution, but she has the potential to be top 3 in the US.

Last year Starr was adapting to a new body, but by the end of the year she was looking strong. I think our current crop of seniors will occupy 6th-10th, same as it has been for years. I doubt this will change until Alysa is a senior lady.

Ducky

On the Ice

Because you want to focus on research and your ultimate goal is to be in academia (with lots of lucrative consulting gigs) rather than be a psychiatrist.

withwings

On the Ice
Because you want to focus on research and your ultimate goal is to be in academia (with lots of lucrative consulting gigs) rather than be a psychiatrist.

Yes, she certainly seems to be more inclined into research, " in academia". I think it is rather her calling/talent not some kind of calculation.

ribbit

On the Ice

In addition to their very different research orientations, their practices are very different. Because a psychiatrist can prescribe medicine, her practice is usually focused on treatment with medications. A psychologist will be trained in one or more forms of talk therapy, from classic Freudian analysis to cognitive behavioral therapy. Both forms of treatment are valuable, and both paths involve many years of study. The choice comes down to an individual's intellectual interests and preferences for research and/or practice.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
In addition to their very different research orientations, their practices are very different. Because a psychiatrist can prescribe medicine, her practice is usually focused on treatment with medications. A psychologist will be trained in one or more forms of talk therapy, from classic Freudian analysis to cognitive behavioral therapy. Both forms of treatment are valuable, and both paths involve many years of study. The choice comes down to an individual's intellectual interests and preferences for research and/or practice.

Yes, I understand. It comes to publishing. Psychiatrists actually treat patients and don't travel the world with their research demanding top dollar for their "knowledge".

macy

Record Breaker
also for those who don't have the gram, Vincent posted a clip of Gracie working on LP runthroughs with triples-

https://www.instagram.com/p/By52q8JnX0A/

i tell you what, i am SO proud of her. to even get to this point of being able to do triples in a 4 minute long program is a HUGE accomplishment for someone who literally stopped skating. that takes soooooooooooooooo much hard work. :clap:

I have never heard of this competition at all.... what is it? Shocked that she’s competing again tbh.

The Aurora Games is a "sports festival" and not an ISU competition. The games will have competitors from many different sports and Ashley may be the only figure skater.

https://auroragamesfestival.com

It seems to be some sort of celebration of women in sports.

http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/26193732/top-names-set-all-women-aurora-games

Yes, I understand. It comes to publishing. Psychiatrists actually treat patients and don't travel the world with their research demanding top dollar for their "knowledge".

Wait, wait! Are you saying that I can travel the world and demand top dollar for my knowledge and publication record?

How? How? I want to sign up! For the top dollar part, anyway. ;)

tosca

On the Ice
Last year Starr was adapting to a new body, but by the end of the year she was looking strong. I think our current crop of seniors will occupy 6th-10th, same as it has been for years. I doubt this will change until Alysa is a senior lady.
I disagree. Bradie has shown especially with WTT that she can compete with the best.

Alysa Liu has amazing potential and I totally understand the hype but the girl hasn't even hit the international junior scene yet.

I also think Ting Cui is a full package skater. She just needs to put out consistent performances. Let's also remember that she is still fairly new on the international scene just having made her JGP debut two seasons ago. If Ting went clean, she could easily be top 6.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Rachael and her future husband. :)

Yes, she certainly seems to be more inclined into research, " in academia". I think it is rather her calling/talent not some kind of calculation.

:agree: :agree: I too believe that Rachael chose the professional path that "spoke to her." :agree: :agree:

As for psychiatrists:
For their "knowledge," many psychiatrists demand top dollar from their patients.

If someone else (because I am not talking about Rachael) who cared only about making money were choosing between a career in psychology vs. psychiatry, psychiatry would be a good choice.

... A North Carolina Research Triangle romance. :rock: ...

Sort of?

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that as a not-yet-engaged couple, they moved together to North Carolina.

Did they not become a couple at Stanford?