2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

andromache

Record Breaker
Gracie will not be ready this summer to compete for the SA spot. It's just not gonna happen. I think she could be ready by next summer though. But it would be nice for her to compete at the summer comps this year even if she isn't super competitive with Amber, Megan, etc. - it will be good for her, IMO.

I would add Pooja to the list of possible SA host spot picks. I am hopeful that she will be doing summer comps to try and earn it?

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
So, Starr Andrews is using Michelle Kwan’s iconic music?! Salome? Wow. (I just hope that Starr doesn’t wear pants or a jumpsuit this season.)

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Gracie will not be ready this summer to compete for the SA spot. It's just not gonna happen. I think she could be ready by next summer though. But it would be nice for her to compete at the summer comps this year even if she isn't super competitive with Amber, Megan, etc. - it will be good for her, IMO.

I would add Pooja to the list of possible SA host spot picks. I am hopeful that she will be doing summer comps to try and earn it?

I agree, she has clearly made tremendous progress as we saw from the clip of her lp her coach posted, but competing at SA (or any gp) before she is ready won't do her any good, nobody wants a repeat of Rostelecom last year.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Does anyone know when/if the JGP assignments will be posted?

Also, aren't quite a few of the US ladies competing somewhere this month? What competition is that?

frida80

Record Breaker
So, Starr Andrews is using Michelle Kwan’s iconic music?! Salome? Wow. (I just hope that Starr doesn’t wear pants or a jumpsuit this season.)

She loves them. She's been wearing them each season since she was a novice or junior. Vanessa James wears body suits every year too, and no one complains. I think she should do what ever makes her comfortable. Whatever makes a skater happy makes them better skaters.

frida80

Record Breaker
Does anyone know when/if the JGP assignments will be posted?

Also, aren't quite a few of the US ladies competing somewhere this month? What competition is that?

JGP #2 will be posted the first week of August. They are normally submitted about a month ahead of time. Skaters can be switched whenever Feds want to increase their JGP chances.

Probably at Broadmore. Poor things are going to suffer with that altitude.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

But she might be ready to compete at Regionals in October or at a late Challenger. Time will tell. I don’t think that clip was one full sequence so it’s hard to tell how much stamina she has. But she’s starting to show characteristic Gracie-like jumps and movement again.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But she might be ready to compete at Regionals in October or at a late Challenger. Time will tell. I don’t think that clip was one full sequence so it’s hard to tell how much stamina she has. But she’s starting to show characteristic Gracie-like jumps and movement again.

Gracie for Golden Spin:hap10:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have never heard of this competition at all.... what is it? .

It looks like all the participants are Olympic athletes. Team Americas (US and Canada) and Team World. This is the first time for the Aurora Games, so it isn't surprising that you've never heard of it. Reading about the event, I think it looks to be pretty cool. Hockey, tennis, basketball, figure skating, beach volleyball, table tennis.

... a standalone, all women’s sporting competition and entertainment festival showcasing the best in women’s performance.

.... the Aurora Games…a week long celebration of women in sports supported by a festival of entertainment, culture and education.

https://auroragamesfestival.com/about/

I'm sure this is what Ashley's working up her LLL long program (and stamina) for. It's such a pleasure to see her skating La La Land again! It's wonderful to see clips of a real performance, complete with performing and smiles, even in practice, this time of year. I recommend a quick watch to put a smile on your face! :) It isn't the whole program.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By1F0U-DZHY/

frida80

Record Breaker
I would not put Gracie on the short list until she has done one summer competition and produced. Until that happens, I think any take of a Gracie comeback is wishful thinking.
I think having a successful comeback is much harder than most people think.

It definitely is harder than a lot of people think, especially since Gracie lost all her jumps. However, last season had very few standouts. If no one stands out much, it’s possible for Gracie. However, with the long entrances on all her jumps are discouraging. There is no rush. I think everyone just wants to see her happy and move at her own pace.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
US ladies will be lucky to get as much as a GP bronze. All of the events are extremely stacked, even Skate America, which is historically US ladies' best medal chance.

Come on people. Have faith in Bradie - she is tough, she knows what she needs to do, she has been improving her performance and tech, and she is a fierce competitor and almost won the WTT. Karen Ting and Mariah all have amazing potential and could win medals too. Bradie will make the GP finals or have a great shot. The top Russian ladies are dealing with puberty. Now I need to find out about Gracie what did she get.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Are you sure? I thought Gracie has been training for like almost 1.5 years. She should be ready one would hope by late October. Has anyone monitored or seen her skate? I have said that if she could focus on skating and not the media she might get some good training in. I hope she got a new fs. Last year's attempt was kind of eerie and kind of backfired.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Are you sure? I thought Gracie has been training for like almost 1.5 years. She should be ready one would hope by late October. Has anyone monitored or seen her skate? I have said that if she could focus on skating and not the media she might get some good training in. I hope she got a new fs. Last year's attempt was kind of eerie and kind of backfired.
i think its less than 1.5 years but more than a year definitely. She gain a lot of weight too, which makes it even harder, she lost her stamina too, not only her jumps. Working from singles doubles to triples take long time you know. If she maintain her fitness yes by now she can be ready but she's not. For Gracie qualifying for 2020 Nats is already achievement imo.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

Here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/By-Y5VRHw3b/?igshid=10dm0v33a0n2w
https://www.instagram.com/p/By52q8JnX0A/?igshid=ccm6elvvp1xy

She does not have a GP assignment this year.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Gracie for Golden Spin:hap10:

I hope so. Gracie has really improved and I'm so proud of her progress. However, she is not getting any younger. I'd like to see her compete in any event that she's qualified for. The GP would be great but, it's Nationals where she'll have the best audience and the biggest US stage to make a true comeback. I wish her the best. I love her skating so much.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I wonder what’s going to happen this season with Kaitlyn Nguyen, Angelina Huang, Amber Glenn, and Hanna Harrell, especially.

Hanna: we don’t know for sure yet if she’s not hoping for the Skate America TBD spot, or going back to the jgp. Has her Instagram or tweets given any indication of what she plans to do?

Kaitlyn: Maybe she’ll also be going for the SA TBD spot.

Angelina: How has she improved since we last saw her on the jgp scene?