2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

crazydreamer

On the Ice
She needs to be ready by October if she wants to compete this season. It seems like the plan last year was to rush things and expect to get in form between Rostelecom and Nationals, and we all saw how that turned out. If she's sort of halfway there in the fall, she will miss the opportunity to make the modifications necessary to improve her programs because she will still be trying to improve her stamina and consistency with the jumps. She doesn't have to be the old Gracie to make it out of Regionals or Sectionals, but it's a standard that she needs to surpass to rightfully earn her spot at Nationals.
Last year's plan worked out in the sense that her performance at Rostelecom appears to have lit a fire in her. If she qualifies for Nationals through Regionals/Sections she will "rightfully" have earned her spot. Sure she would ideally already be totally 100% so she has time to fine-tune her programs, but the alternative is not competing at a high level for another entire year, which I don't think would be productive physically or mentally.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Based on what though? Inside info? I mean you could be totally right, but you can’t really judge based on her coach’s Instagram clips. She could have the stamina to get through a FS right now but may not be posting about it.

I have no inside info, but I would think she may have more stamina right now than anyone if she has been continuously training since last October and she only competed one SP last year so I believe she is keeping her short and long from last year.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I have no inside info, but I would think she may have more stamina right now than anyone if she has been continuously training since last October and she only competed one SP last year so I believe she is keeping her short and long from last year.

That’s certainly a possibility. I think she did say she’s keeping her programs, but we don’t really know whether she has been training them consistently. She may have taken time off after competing in Russia. She may have focused on jumps and only trained parts of her program for awhile. So it’s hard to say. But I’m hoping we see her at regionals and that she does well! :)

tothepointe

On the Ice
The story of the fourth place American crumbling under pressure... IE Mirai...

Well it wasn't so much that as she fractured her foot the next season 2015 and missed the grand prix final which she had qualified for. It went a little sideways after that. But injury will allow doubts to creep into your head.

natsulian

Final Flight
I’m expecting Alysa or Hanna to receive their second assignments and the second spot to go to Lindsay, Elsa, or Ellen or... maybe a surprise.

Also, Starr said her next competition is in September so maybe she’s being sent to Lombardia Trophy in Italy. Starr was not sure if she was allowed to talk about it, so it’s safe to assume that it’s an international competition and not a domestic event due to its secrecy.

On an even more exciting note, the junior season will begin in FOUR days in which Hanna Harrell and Calista Choi will start their international season. JGP France will be Choi’s debut.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Last year's plan worked out in the sense that her performance at Rostelecom appears to have lit a fire in her. If she qualifies for Nationals through Regionals/Sections she will "rightfully" have earned her spot. Sure she would ideally already be totally 100% so she has time to fine-tune her programs, but the alternative is not competing at a high level for another entire year, which I don't think would be productive physically or mentally.

Well I think you have to make lemonade out of lemons. I am not sure Gracie "competing" at Rostelcom was so wise or at least some might not think so. It appears she wasn't ready and well maybe she knew it too. The issue of taking a spot from someone else and did she do any favors to herself mentally or her reputation. But I think we have to move on but I don't think a lot would say Cup of Russia was necessarily good in any fashion. I know my friends were left in shock to see Gracie floundering on ice.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
That’s certainly a possibility. I think she did say she’s keeping her programs, but we don’t really know whether she has been training them consistently. She may have taken time off after competing in Russia. She may have focused on jumps and only trained parts of her program for awhile. So it’s hard to say. But I’m hoping we see her at regionals and that she does well! :)

As mentioned earlier, Gracie doesn't have to be the Gracie of old - unless she wants to make the world team to get to Nationals. She can make it with easier jumps and the Gracier personality and style.

nataliebunard12

Rinkside
I’m expecting Alysa or Hanna to receive their second assignments and the second spot to go to Lindsay, Elsa, or Ellen or... maybe a surprise.

Also, Starr said her next competition is in September so maybe she’s being sent to Lombardia Trophy in Italy. Starr was not sure if she was allowed to talk about it, so it’s safe to assume that it’s an international competition and not a domestic event due to its secrecy.

On an even more exciting note, the junior season will begin in FOUR days in which Hanna Harrell and Calista Choi will start their international season. JGP France will be Choi’s debut.
Why elsa?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As mentioned earlier, Gracie doesn't have to be the Gracie of old - unless she wants to make the world team to get to Nationals. She can make it with easier jumps and the Gracier personality and style.

I think you meant "make it to Nationals to get on the world team". She might make it to Nationals with easier jumps, although that depends on who she faces at Sectionals.

Tavi...

Record Breaker

I don’t think I ever said she did? Given the clips her coach has been posting, she seems to be aiming for the same technical content she had in the past, but whatever she chooses to do is fine. Regardless, to make it to nationals she will need the stamina to compete two full programs.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think you meant "make it to Nationals to get on the world team". She might make it to Nationals with easier jumps, although that depends on who she faces at Sectionals.

I think she could make it to Nationals being able to do 3 or 4 different triples. Sure, a skater or two might beat her but she doesn't have to win those events. Her PCS should be higher than other competitors in those events, deservedly so, which will also help give her some margin for error.