2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

mrrice

Record Breaker
I think Illia Manilin might be able to possibly challenge next year. He did fairly well at the Lake Placid JPG. He was just off of the podium. And he needs to improve tech, but I think he is one to watch. Torgashev is also a junior, and I'm surprised that he didn't do better.

He's Tatianna's son, right?

I just watched his SP from Lake Placid. He has a ton of potential.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I couldn't help but notice that there are no Junior Men at the final. Do we have any young skaters coming up that can compete with the Russian Men?

As others have mentioned, many might have expected Andrew T. to perform better this year ( my inconsistent :luv17:, sigh) and we have many others on deck (and yes, Ilia is Tatiana’s son).

I also wouldn’t say compete with “the Russians”, but compete with the world. The beauty of the junior men, IMHO, is that no one style, or country, dominates. And my favorite Russian junior male skater, Andrey Kutavoi, did not even make a JGPF.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Bcash

Final Flight
Nathan is such a superlative competitor now. Huge respect. But what are those “costumes”?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Do we know if there are any videos from this?

Max performed his Thunderstruck exhibition, and the crowd seemed to love it. :yay:

The Instagram accounts of Skating Club of Boston and Frog Pond both had the same partial video of Max. I hadn't gotten around to posting the links below in Max's fan thread. (I haven't looked for video on YouTube.)

Also hadn't gotten around to posting congratulations to Lucas Altieri, who won Junior Men SP and FS at Golden Spin. :medal" :hap85:

(And who earned his TES minimums for Junior Worlds.)

Still photos:

Orlov

Medalist
:thank: I was and thank you!!!

You are misinformed :laugh: Nathan not just "won". Nathan was a crushing storm. Nathan was a Hulk. Nathan showed everyone "who is the boss". The guy is a phenomenon, joy and hope. And now you know the true situation :laugh: Enjoy watching :)

noskates

Record Breaker
Love that phrase "crushing storm!" So happy for Nathan. So happy it was decisive and not a battle over a few points. Go Nathan!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Yes, Nathan was outstanding today. I’m so happy for him. I really enjoyed his performance. I think it’s his laid back style that appeals to me.

Kudos to Jason going for the toe quad(under rotated and a fall) at Golden spin. Hope that means it’s going well in practice. Sooner or later he’ll need it to be on the world/olympic team. Not this season, but I guess it’s crucial to go for it in competitions as much as possible. Camden and Alex seem to have problems. Far from their best here.

Max performed his Thunderstruck exhibition, and the crowd seemed to love it. :yay:

The Instagram accounts of Skating Club of Boston and Frog Pond both had the same partial video of Max. I hadn't gotten around to posting the links below in Max's fan thread. (I haven't looked for video on YouTube.)

Also hadn't gotten around to posting congratulations to Lucas Altieri, who won Junior Men SP and FS at Golden Spin. :medal" :hap85:

(And who earned his TES minimums for Junior Worlds.)

Still photos:

Great to see Max skating, having fun and be appreciated! On the 'Frog Pond' :cool:

Also of course congrats to Lucas, though I don't remember seeing him skate :)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Jason Brown for winning in Zagreb.

What a great day for the US Men.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX. And Jason won Golden Spin! *doing the happy Sunday morning dance*

Charlotte 71

On the Ice
Nathan is such a superlative competitor now. Huge respect. But what are those “costumes”?

I find his shirts so distracting. I don't need sparkles and embellishments on Nathan, but I want a clean, streamlined look. And I don't want to see bare tummy during spins.