2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Men's Figure Skating

tosca

On the Ice
Thought I would start a thread for the men's since there is one for the women!

SENIOR MEN

Nathan Chen
Nathan is coming off an undefeated season balancing elite figure skating, long distance coaching, and his first year at Yale.
SP: "La Boheme" Choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: "Rocket Man" Choreographed by Marie-France Dubreuil
GP Assignments: Skate America, IDF
2018-2019 SB: TTL 323.42, FS 216.02, SP 107.4

Vincent Zhou
After a rocky start to his season, Vincent was able to finish the season strong with his first medals at ISU Championships.
SP: "I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons; choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne
FS: Cloud Atlas soundtrack; choreo by Lori Nichol
GP Assignments: Cup of China, Rostelecom
2018-2019 SB: TTL 299.01, FS 198.5, SP 100.51

Jason Brown
After a late off-season coaching change, Jason saw some amazing high's with a small medal at Worlds but struggled with competing two clean programs.
SP: I Can’t Go On Without You by @officialkaleo; choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack; choreo by David Wilson
GP Assignments: Skate America, NHK
2018-2019 SB: TTL 263.42, FS 172.32, SP 96.81

Tomoki Hiwatashi
In his last eligible junior season, Tomoki was able to make ground by qualifying for his first JGPF in his 4 years on the JGP circuit. Despite a less than stellar showing at the JGPF, he was able to turn things around to go home with the gold at Junior Worlds.
SP:
FS: Petrushka by Igor Stravinsky; choreo by Tom Dickson
GP Assignments: IDF, NHK
2018-2019 SB: TTL 236.79, FS 159.84, SP 81.5

Camden Pulkinen
An up and down finish to Camden's last eligible season on the junior circuit, Camden begins his first senior season with a coaching change.
SP: "Caruso" by Josh Groban, choreo by Josh Farris
FS: "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" and "Rain" by Ryuichi Sakamoto; choreo by Stéphane Lambiel
GP Assignments: Skate Canada, Cup of China
2018-2019 SB: TTL 223.95, FS 147.8, SP 82.41

Alexei Krasnozhon
Coming back from an injury, Alexei was regaining his footing in his debut in the senior GP circuit - made a step forward with a 5th place finish at nationals.
SP: "Runaway" (from HBO's Westworld) by Ramin Djawadi & "Freedom" by Pharrell Williams; choreo by Alex Johnson
FS: Dracula: "Prelude" from Fahrenheit 451; “Louis’ Revenge” & “Santiago’s Waltz” from Interview with the Vampire; “The Hunters Prelude” from Bram Stoker’s Dracula; "Archangel" by Two Steps From Hell; choreo by Alex Johnson
GP Assignments: Rostelecom
2018-2019 SB: TTL 211.47, FS 136.98, SP 79.98

JUNIOR MEN
Ryan Dunk
Andrew Torgashev

2018-19 U.S. Men's Figure Skating Thread

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Nathan's had a pretty packed summer schedule. I'm hoping he has some time to rest or there may be some concerns about fatigue going into the season. I also wonder what will change or stay the same about his competition schedule this season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Interesting Alex Johnson and Josh Farris are doing some choreo rather than the norm Lori, David, Stephane, Bourne, Rohene, I am looking forward to the wonderful skating of Jason sans ponytail -really helped his look I think- with the quad.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Any news on what Nathan is skating to?

Nathan usually doesn't announce his programs until he performs them in public. He just finished his SP with Shae but has not had time to do his FS yet. He'll probably get that done in July.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems incredible that Andrew Torgashev is still a junior. It seems I've been avidly following him at Senior Nationals for a decade.

In reality, it's only been a couple of years, but it seems like so much longer.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems incredible that Andrew Torgashev is still a junior. It seems I've been avidly following him at Senior Nationals for a decade.

In reality, it's only been a couple of years, but it seems like so much longer.

It's because Andrew's skating has been so smooth and mature even when he was a 14 year old junior in 2014;)

It does seem like he's been senior at Nats for longer than he has been (2017 and 2018). Our boy makes an impression:)

tosca

On the Ice
I know not all the music choices have been announced but I am most excited for Camden's free. "Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence" is a BEAUTIFUL piece of music and I am surprised it is not used in skating more. Also Camden x Stephane... :gclap:

tosca

On the Ice
I added everyone's assignments to the first post on thread as well as their 2018-19 season's bests!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FYI for fans of Sean Rabbitt :):

He still is competing. On Insta Live just now, he said that he will compete at Glacier Falls this season.

With more competitions possibly to come.​

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean:clap:

I wonder if he could possibly get the host pick to Skate America? Particularly if someone else gives Alex K. a second slot? How wonderful that would be, and SoCal is pretty darn close to Vegas ;)

bennorii

On the Ice
Sean:clap:

I wonder if he could possibly get the host pick to Skate America? Particularly if someone else gives Alex K. a second slot? How wonderful that would be, and SoCal is pretty darn close to Vegas ;)

I hope so! Alex K is more likely to get a 2nd spot if someone backs out than Sean.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I hope so! Alex K is more likely to get a 2nd spot if someone backs out than Sean.

He's not currently in the top ten on the replacement list though (so not eligible as a replacement currently if they follow the rules), so it's far from a sure thing that he'll get a 2nd one. If he doesn't pick one up before they fill the TBD spots (which I'm not really expecting he will), they'll have to decide whether they're willing to risk him only having one.