Kostiukovich and Ialin target senior nationals; eye gold for 2020 JW | Golden Skate

Kostiukovich and Ialin target senior nationals; eye gold for 2020 JW

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russian pair skaters Polina Kostiukovich and Dmitrii Ialin have collected a silver and a bronze medal at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships in the past two years and now have set their eyes on the top prize for the upcoming season. Following their vacation in May, the team started their season’s preparations at home in St. Petersburg at the end of May and are currently attending a training camp in Sochi.

More...

Kostiukovich and Ialin will focus on the junior level in the next season, but they also plan to test themselves at the senior level by competing in national senior events and maybe one or two Challenger Series events.

New music for 2019-20:
SP:
Smoke on the Water” performed by 2Wei
FS:
Sarabande Suite (Aeterna)” by Globus

I'm very looking forward to seeing this team and how they stack up against some of the senior this upcoming season. Last year, their JW score would have still placed them in the top 10 at the senior level ;)

What are your thoughts?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Love the music choices! I think they will do very nicely this season. It’s good that they are growing up well and already thinking about the transition to seniors.

leilaraj

On the Ice
They are my favorite junior pair! She is such a gem and I hope they will succeed at Naionals. Also hope to see them in Beijing!

Fluture

Record Breaker
I rarely watch Pairs (basically only Olympics, GPF and World Championships but no GP events or juniors) but they competed in Linz and since my mom is a huge pairs skating fan, I went to watch that part of the competition with her. And I have to say, they really impressed me. Especially Polina! She was so tiny but had such a presence on the ice. We didn‘t know any of the names but during the warm-up, our eyes were immediately drawn to her and we were really happy when they won. He is great too but she has that sort of rare talent and presence that you either have or don‘t. I didn‘t follow them this season but I was sure they would be Junior World Champs... They definitely have all the goods to win and I wish them all the best. They actually might make me start watching junior pairs in the future...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
now that Mishina/Galliamov have moved to seniors they are my favourite jr team. i love their music choices for this season, the sp in particular could be epic if they skate with their usual flare. i'm also curious to see how they do at senior level if they really do some challengers.