Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje stepping away from competition | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje stepping away from competition

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can think of at least two (keeping them off G&P's tails early in the season and making certain both L&L and S&F have two spots); but there are some good reasons for SC to invite F-B&S as well. (One being to support F-B&S in the medal hunt.
And you were right, for the record.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Actually Guignard-Fabbri were NOT under G/P in world ranking, nor last year, nor this year.

I should have worded that better.

Gilles & Poirier have beaten Guignard & Fabbri at the past 6 World Championships.

So when they go head to head, G&P are the top team.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Kaitlyn posted a nice tribute / ty on her IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/By8idiTlBMS/

The "You know me... I will always be dreaming of this season’s perfect program ;)" part definitely implies that they are done for good and won't turn up at Nats, at least imo. I wonder if she wanted to keep going and Andrew didn't — he is 32, after all.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Kaitlyn posted a nice tribute / ty on her IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/By8idiTlBMS/

The "You know me... I will always be dreaming of this season’s perfect program ;)" part definitely implies that they are done for good and won't turn up at Nats, at least imo. I wonder if she wanted to keep going and Andrew didn't — he is 32, after all.

Wow I nearly cried reading that... so bittersweet! Sounds very much like she wanted to keep going and something has changed for Andrew. :sad21: :sad21: We will truly miss you, WeaPo!

P.S. This is totally none of our business, but I wonder what their lives will be like going forward - I know at one point they were living together (though presumably not romantically, hard to say for sure) and it seems like their lives were very intertwined off the ice too. Wishing them both happiness and as smooth a transition as possible into retirement.

Kelly Lynn

Rinkside
Have always loved them and had hoped to see them in Montreal. They are a class act and so naturally beautiful.

rosy14

Final Flight
Wow I nearly cried reading that... so bittersweet! Sounds very much like she wanted to keep going and something has changed for Andrew. :sad21: :sad21: We will truly miss you, WeaPo!

P.S. This is totally none of our business, but I wonder what their lives will be like going forward - I know at one point they were living together (though presumably not romantically, hard to say for sure) and it seems like their lives were very intertwined off the ice too. Wishing them both happiness and as smooth a transition as possible into retirement.

Cherchez la femme ? Or l’homme ?

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You should see twitter..people don't like them and are celebrating them going away. :/

Oh how sad. I have always respected this team for their hard work beautiful style and elegance. They have always represented Canada very well. I too was hoping they would continue on to Montreal.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
They also skipped GP last year...I don't know if they are still considering to continue. I think they left a door open, but without GP and nationals how could they continue

slider11

Medalist

Katelyn's instagram post was truly poignant. So much there! Their lives do seem so intertwined. I have seem many "perfect" performances from them. Maybe not gold medal winning, but the 2016 FD at Worlds, 2019 RD at Nationals and 2019 WT FD. And, Je Suis Malade! Those dances were spectacular!

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

They are not a romantic couple -- they have said so in several interviews.

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just came across the debut performances in 2007 Canadian Nationals for these two...

2007 Canadian Nationals WEAVER POJE OD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNdrQk4DHXA

Kaitlyn Weaver Andrew Poje 2007 FD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTHI12JcGGA

Weaver and Poje - Canadian Nationals 2007 Interview after FD (bronze medalists)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St2a3G-PDEw

A personal favorite - Tracy Wilson's commentary says it all for ame...2013 Worlds Dance FD Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje Humanity in Motion by by Nathan L
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rZgMWHGY6c

tzazu

Medalist
One of my favs ice dance teams, so sad :sad4: I'll miss them so much, wish them the very best in the future

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh how sad. I have always respected this team for their hard work beautiful style and elegance. They have always represented Canada very well. I too was hoping they would continue on to Montreal.

I honestly don't know how anyone can really hate this team. They aren't particularly vocal. They don't take controversial stands on social issues or any issues publicly. They have not be involved in some kind of "accident' caused by them to another team. They haven't criticized other skaters, teams or the skating system. They haven't been a huge threat to the top teams. They seem like a pretty team (attractive). They don't seem to be overmarked or have one skater carrying the team. people are crazy

russell30

Final Flight
Kaitlyn and Andrew what a Journey, for me one of the best teams in the modern era....so gorgeous to watch - there lines, how they act as one!!

Really, really loved there 'Bitter Earth' FD from 2016 was so so lovely and loved there recent short dance from 2018 and rhythm tango dance this season, and i did love there D10 tribute program too, that was just so poignant, meaningful and beauty on the ice!

I really felt for them in 2015 - i think they were the leading couple going into Shanghai ( i think they won there GP's and GPF that year) but it just didn't happen for them and that was the start of the rise of P/C....

Seems like Kaitlyn wanted to continue maybe....but stranger things have happened they have left the door open - not fully shut!! BUT they will be sadly missed!!! :(

I am wondering though if Marie France and Patch could have taken them to the next level!!