2019-20 U.S. Ice Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ice Dance

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I really enjoyed watching Parsons/Green today on the livefeed. The Parsons left me cold before as I observed because it is hard to be connected to a sibling and project emotionally on romantic themes. This is the first time I thought Michael Parsons had a sense of humor and Caroline Green was awesome. Kudos to the coaches for giving them a fun light dance. I think a few minor errors but they will progress rapidly in the next few years.

Do you have a link to a video?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

haribobo

On the Ice
SENIOR DANCE VIA SECTIONALS

Pate/Bye 162
Shilling/Petrov 150
Melton/O'Donnell 125

INTL BYES BY ISU SB

Hubbell/Donohue 209
Chock/Bates 208
Hawayek/Baker 194
Carreira/Ponomarenko 191
McNamara/Carpenter 183
Green/Parsons 173

dancelion21

On the Ice
The Shib sibs discuss potential comeback to the competitive scene for the Beijing Olympics!

Where do you think they will fall in the current competitive field? I can see them being able to reclaim their US #1 spot, but they would have a lot of ground to make up from their hiatus.

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1195131668392103936?s=21

I agree with you that it would be quite difficult for them. It surprises me because I'm not sure where they can go up from after the 2018 Olympics. They won the bronze in the individual event, are they gunning for silver? That's no sure thing, and they would be back in the rivalry with Hubbell/Donahue and Chock/Bates. I feel like it might hurt US Ice Dance as a whole because the federation is unsure of who to push.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Green/Parsons now will start receiving Team C envelope funding from USFS, thanks to their Challenger medal at Warsaw Cup.

Congratulations to Caroline and Michael. :yay:

Sorry that Lavrova/Gart did not compete at the U.S. Ice Dance Final. :(

Congratulations to the junior medalists: Wolfkostin/Chen; Cesanek/Yehorov; DelCamp/Somerville; and the Browns.

Nathan13

Medalist

Pate/Bye 162
Shilling/Petrov 150
Melton/O'Donnell 125

INTL BYES BY ISU SB

Hubbell/Donohue 209
Chock/Bates 208
Hawayek/Baker 194
Carreira/Ponomarenko 191
McNamara/Carpenter 183
Green/Parsons 173

Wish this field were a bit larger, but there will be some really exciting rivalries playing out. I'm especially excited to see where Green/Parsons land in the mix.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Pate/Bye 162
Shilling/Petrov 150
Melton/O'Donnell 125

To be precise: These three senior couples are moving on to Nats after competing at the U.S. Ice Dance Final this week.

(Sectionals for ice dance were in October.)

They were the only three senior couples to compete at the Final, and they all already had the TES minimums for Nats before the Final (and achieved them again at the Final).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
McNamara and Carpenter 'Re-energized' for the NHK Trophy

Unrelated, but also pegged to NHK, a fun USFS video with Lorraine and Quinn:

Good luck to all of Team USA in Japan. :yay:

ETA:

ICYMI, link to online version of November issue of Skating magazine -- which has Lynn Rutherford's full article on Chock/Bates (the cover story). Six pages re C/B, including photos.

https://content.digitalpub.blue-soh...w19SKAT/html/index.html?page=24&origin=reader

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Today the official list of competitors at 2020 Nats was published by USFS.

The link below is from the USFS home page:

Thirteen couples were expected to qualify for junior dance (top twelve at U.S. Ice Dance Final + Avonley/Vadym, who have a bye).

But ... the list has a fourteenth couple: Isabella Flores & Adam Bouaziz, who placed thirteenth at the Final.

The skaters who have qualified for Nats in Junior Ice Dance:
  1. Ella Ales & Daniel Tsarik
  2. Hilary Asher & Kyle Pearson
  3. Oona Brown & Gage Brown
  4. Molly Cesanek & Yehor Yehorov
  5. Katarina DelCamp & Ian Somerville
  6. Isabella Flores & Adam Bouaziz
  7. Layla Karnes & Kenan Slevira
  8. Angela Ling & Caleb Wein
  9. Avonley Nguyen & Vadym Kolesnik
  10. Anna Nicklas & Max Ryan
  11. Cordelia Pride & Benjamin Lawless
  12. Samantha Ritter & Jim Wang
  13. Elizabeth Tkachenko & Alexei Kiliakov
  14. Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I just listened to the music from Green/Parsons' short dance a little more closely and realized that the first song ends with "I'll be here if you need a loose screw." :eek: I mean, not a great look for a newly 16 year old girl skating with a 24 year old man.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just listened to the music from Green/Parsons' short dance a little more closely and realized that the first song ends with "I'll be here if you need a loose screw." :eek: I mean, not a great look for a newly 16 year old girl skating with a 24 year old man.

It's not a good look even without that. The first part of "screw loose" is shrieked at high volume, whereas the second word is much softer, giving the overall impression that the program is about sc***ing.

RoyThree

Rinkside
Country
United-States
It's not a good look even without that. The first part of "screw loose" is shrieked at high volume, whereas the second word is much softer, giving the overall impression that the program is about sc***ing.

It's my understanding that this music was recommended by Green's mother. If that is the case, I doubt this was their interpretation. To me the choreography aims more to a nerdy, dorky teen-age girl.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
A look back at the first U.S. Dance Final

A wide-ranging look. :)
The most interesting part for me was the long quote from Logan Bye about returning to skating.

.... ICYMI, link to online version of November issue of Skating magazine -- which has Lynn Rutherford's full article on Chock/Bates (the cover story). Six pages re C/B, including photos.

https://content.digitalpub.blue-soh...w19SKAT/html/index.html?page=24&origin=reader

I am smiling over this tweet: None other than Phil Hersh tried out Evan's recipe that was part of the Skating magazine coverage. :cool:

Good luck to Team USA in Torino and Zagreb this week. :yay:

skatemd1

On the Ice
It's my understanding that this music was recommended by Green's mother. If that is the case, I doubt this was their interpretation. To me the choreography aims more to a nerdy, dorky teen-age girl.

I agree. This is how it comes across to me, more zany than anything else. People need to relax and just enjoy their skating, which is excellent for such a new team. Love how well they are skating so far this season. One of the best up and coming teams.

skatemd1

On the Ice
A look back at the first U.S. Dance Final

A wide-ranging look. :)
The most interesting part for me was the long quote from Logan Bye about returning to skating.

I am smiling over this tweet: None other than Phil Hersh tried out Evan's recipe that was part of the Skating magazine coverage. :cool:

Good luck to Team USA in Torino and Zagreb this week. :yay:

Here are the results from Zagreb in the Rhythm Dance. Team USA teams M/C and G/P did well and are in 3rd and 4th. Nice job by Lorraine & Quinn and Caroline & Michael! Couldn't find the video but if someone can that would be great before tomorrow's FD.

http://puls-hosting.com/gs2019/SEG013.HTM

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After the Senior RD, P/C are in front as usual, but H/D and C/B are in 2nd and 3rd. However, the scores are very tight from 3rd to 5th, so anything can happen.

oly2018

Final Flight
According to Jackie Wong, in the press conference H/D said they changed 9(!!!) elements in the FD.

Interesting. I wonder how that will go over because despite them being in second, their score was less than what they got on the grand prix. It just wasn't the best skated event :/