2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Loena, Laurine and Mae all at Internationaux de France, that's nice for my watching convenience. :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think I am going to make a list of whom I would be overjoyed to see, to just check how unlucky I am :)

Ladies: Zagitova, Trusova, Sakomoto, Lim
Gentlemen: Uno, Messing, Zhou, Boyang, Brezhina, Voronov, Lazukin
Pairs: Zabiyako&Enbert, James&Cipres, DellaMonica& Guarise, Pavlyuchenko & Khodykin

Well, here was my ‘to die for’ list, and... I will get to see two athletes out of it. One each from Ladies and Gents, none from pairs. I mean, i can’t complain given SCI got big stars as headliners, but aww...

Fluture

Record Breaker
Zagitova also seems to have the easy route.

Zagitova and Shcherbakova both have as World and National Champion respectively. This was to be expected. I was expecting either of them at Rostelecom, though. I‘m also a bit surprised they let Sasha meet Rika before the GPF. Also strange that Bradie will have to do back to back events. Isn‘t that a bit tough on the body? Great to see Sima having an entry, as well as Sotskova but no Gubanova despite her being on the senior reserve team? Overall, some of these choices really confuse me.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
A few thoughts on ladies:

Satoko has been pretty protected with this seeding, but I'm surprised she didn't get NHK.
I really hope that NHK spot goes to Mai.
Bradie gets the short end of the stick by having back to back events and limited opportunity to build PCS and momentum (this hurt H/D in the long run).
The matchup between Bradie/Kaori/Liza at Skate America will be fascinating.
A matchup between Alina and Rika at NHK? Trusova and Rika at Skate Canada? :eek:
I'm very doubtful that Karen will keep both of her spots.
Kostornaia could walk away with some big PCS given her competition in her events.
The 3A have all been set up to succeed. All of their first events look harder than their second events though.
Mako Yamashita could surprise a lot of people at Skate America. She was on fire in the early season last year and tbh should have beaten Liza at Skate Canada.

Even so I have no idea what's going to happen, and all in all this is a much more exciting GP than last year already.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Literally every single ladies event is stacked. I mean, we knew this would happen, but it's another thing to read the list. Good grief that's a deep field. Has skating ever been this competitive?

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
So relieved about Marin. Really hope she pulls through with a great result.

Really really relieved about Lilah and Lewis getting two spots. Penny and Nick always got shafted with one to it’s nice to see their hard work pay off! Back to NHK as well!

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Mai Mihara? I believe she’s already been assigned to two competitions (Canada and China) though.

Oof my search missed her second spot! In that case, it would be nice if it went to Marin, but she'll really have to prove herself in the early season.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A few things to say:

The IDF and NHK looks stacked for ice dance.
The top 3 Russian junior ladies of last year don't compete against each other for any of the GPs...so there's a chance all 3 will makes the GPF.
I'm a bit surprised Alaine Chartrand isn't on the list here.
I fully expect to be surprised by the men's events as always.

moriel

Record Breaker
- Rusfed was lazy, so they just paired the girls and gave each pair two GPs.
- It is weird that Alina didn't get Rostelecom.

katymay

Medalist
A few thoughts on ladies:

Satoko has been pretty protected with this seeding, but I'm surprised she didn't get NHK.
I really hope that NHK spot goes to Mai.
Bradie gets the short end of the stick by having back to back events and limited opportunity to build PCS and momentum (this hurt H/D in the long run).
The matchup between Bradie/Kaori/Liza at Skate America will be fascinating.
A matchup between Alina and Rika at NHK? Trusova and Rika at Skate Canada? :eek:
I'm very doubtful that Karen will keep both of her spots.
Kostornaia could walk away with some big PCS given her competition in her events.
The 3A have all been set up to succeed. All of their first events look harder than their second events though.
Mako Yamashita could surprise a lot of people at Skate America. She was on fire in the early season last year and tbh should have beaten Liza at Skate Canada.

Even so I have no idea what's going to happen, and all in all this is a much more exciting GP than last year already.

The big loser does seem to be Bradie. I think she will be lucky to be 5th or 6th each GP.
Don't forget Lilbet in SA-she is landing her quad AND 3A.
There will be injuries and withdraws, so will be interesting to know who is 'on deck' for Russia, Japan and U.S. Especially if Karen Chen also withdraws.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I thought RusFed was smart and paired up the top 6 girls to spread out the assignments. Otherwise we could’ve had an event with Alina, Anna, Sasha and Rika which would almost automatically knock one out from qualifying from the final.