2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

Andrea82

Medalist
P.S.: do you think Daniel Grassl will do jgp? it could make sense, he didn't get any spot on the senior gp yet, on jgp he could aim for gold, we have a lot of spots and not so many jr men (even less with an actual chance of reaching a medal of any color, let alone the finals). withdrawals are not rare, but how many chances does he have to get 2 spots this way?

Grassl was guaranteed one Sr GP spot by being in top 24 Season Best list. The fact he didn't get any means he wasn't submitted for consideration. So he must have decided to stay in Junior GP (or skip the whole GP season but it would sound strange).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Just my thoughts. Fangirl alert.

- SC ladies: What the :dbana: and why did Yelim and Young have to get the same GP damnit :curse:
- My darling squirtle Eunsoo faces strong competition for both her GPs, oh well at least it's not back-to-back this time
- Yuzuru on NHK, the Poohvalanche is going to be a force of nature
- Junhwan got placed pretty well with his GPs :hap10:
- I am so going to die of heart failure and/or asphyxiation before SA even starts
- NHK has a great lineup as always, esp. for pairs and ID
- Whoa so the Green/Parsons teamup was true :shocked: I both liked the sibling teams, wonder how this new team will turn up
- Can I expect Dima Aliev to stop being a popstar and have a 3A :con3:
- The men are going to be the men, I know, but CoC kinda scares me *cough* infectious pops *cough*
- Let Sasha and Mitya (aka Boikova/Kozlovskii) get their GPF ticket they so unfortunately missed last time :pray:
- Zhenya and Sasha Trusova twice, I should prepare shields before going into the respective threads

Fluture

Record Breaker
But why do you presume that Sasha will get only silver against Rika?

Imo, if I had to bet on one, I‘d always bet on Sasha. I prefer Rika‘s skating, personally, but Sasha has that fire to win you don’t see very often. She rarely messes up and even if she makes mistakes on her quads, she‘ll still hit a layout with three difficult 3-3 and never loses focus. I could be wrong of course but I think this season Sasha will be the one to beat, including at Skate Canada.

frida80

Record Breaker

- SC ladies: What the :dbana: and why did Yelim and Young have to get the same GP damnit :curse:
- My darling squirtle Eunsoo faces strong competition for both her GPs, oh well at least it's not back-to-back this time
- I am so going to die of heart failure and/or asphyxiation before SA even starts
- Whoa so the Green/Parson teamup was true :shocked: I both liked the sibling teams, wonder how this new team will turn up
- The men are going to be the men, I know, but CoC kinda scares me *cough* infectious pops *cough*
- Let Sasha and Mitya (aka Boikova/Kozlovskii) get their GPF ticket they so unfortunately missed last time :pray:
- Zhenya and Sasha Trusova twice, I should prepare shields before going into the respective threads

Poor Yelim and Young are based in Canada, so SC preferred to pic them rather than someone further away. I’m peeved that SA wouldn’t take one...

The good news is both Yelim and Young are high on the alternates list and should get a second GP. I can’t to see them both!

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Trusova doing her thing could easily be silver in SK and win the Rostelecom Cup. I don't think Medvedeva is a problem for her sincerely.

Med scored 223.80 at WC with 2 UR
Trusova scored 222.89 at JWC with 2 landed quads and 1 quad fall

While I would put my money on Trusova, I think it's closer than people think. A lot will depend on # of quads, cleanliness of both, and PCS.

deneb

On the Ice
I wonder why Grassl decided to stay junior? He could have easily got 2 GP.

Grassl was guaranteed one Sr GP spot by being in top 24 Season Best list. The fact he didn't get any means he wasn't submitted for consideration. So he must have decided to stay in Junior GP (or skip the whole GP season but it would sounds strange).

Daniel stated in a recent interview that because of the finals in Torino he wants to try to qualify for the finals in JGP.

esteticlove

Final Flight

While I would put my money on Trusova, I think it's closer than people think. A lot will depend on # of quads, cleanliness of both, and PCS.

But I think there's a difference on the junior scoring, especially on the PCS. If I am not mistaken, juniors don't have a choreographic sequence in the free, for example. We need to compare with Sasha's score from RusNats (seniors).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Poor Yelim and Young are based in Canada, so SC preferred to pic them rather than someone further away. I’m peeved that SA wouldn’t take one...

The good news is both Yelim and Young are high on the alternates list and should get a second GP. I can’t to see them both!

(sigh) Is it selfish of me to wish for the trio to not have the same GPs... If Young gets a second GP it'll confirm her full senior status

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Rostelecom's host pick to Konstantinova ? They never learn... :dumb:

Fluture

Record Breaker

Well, that was a junior competition. No choreographic sequence and PCS are very different, too. I don‘t think it‘s particularly close but a lot of things could happen, of course.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
But I think there's a difference on the junior scoring, especially on the PCS. If I am not mistaken, juniors don't have a choreographic sequence in the free, for example. We need to compare with Sasha's score from RusNats (seniors).

Ultimately, I imagine that Sasha's PCs will rise and she'll be unbeatable anyway, but as of right now, it's possible for someone to beat her. Things are not as clear as they seem and the competition is not as easy as juniors

GINO

On the Ice

It is more fair to compare points at a junior level, don't you think so?
Old system scores:
Medvedeva 192.97 at JWC
Trusova 225.52 at JWC

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

- Whoa so the Green/Parson teamup was true :shocked: I both liked the sibling teams, wonder how this new team will turn up

Green/Parsons are a thing for real? She will outgrow him if she hasn't already he's really short and she's still growing. Not sure why they broke up such a promising team. She never even was on the JGP for two seasons. :scratch2: