2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Urgh. Is she the one with Una voce poco fa, and did I hear she’s keeping it? If so, I’m sure she’s a lovely girl but... :drama:

Enough said.

don't give her ideas! :eeking: that thing is the stuff nightmares are made of

ruga

Final Flight
My dark horse pick for Skate America: Better get Mako (Yamashita). :love:

She scored over 200 points at Skate Canada last year, missing gold by a quarter of a point and beating Evgenia Medvedeva, Mariah Bell, Elizabet Tursybnbaeva and Wakaba Higuchi. :yes:

And her jumps are very nice and high, especially Lutz combinations❤️

pearly

Record Breaker
Wait... haven’t we already had two seasons of that? Or has it been just one, but felt painfully long?

Some things leave me speechless.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Skate America feels the most unpredictable for ladies because I honestly don't see obvious tiers among the top skaters at that event. A lot of them are well matched. Some have tech firepower they can only use in the free skate. Some have TES that their PCS may not match. It's also the first GP and not all of these skaters tend to have strong starts to the season. Everytime I look at the roster, I get a headache. At least at the other GPs, the potential top 3-4 looks more obvious.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Skate America feels the most unpredictable for ladies because I honestly don't see obvious tiers among the top skaters at that event.

Skate America is continuing its recent tradition of somehow finding all the top international ladies that have significant potential for mucking up.

Odds are, though, that some of them won't at this particular competition. It's just hard to know which ones. A number of great athletes. Just unpredictable competitors.

natsulian

Final Flight
Skate America gives me a headache and don’t even get me started on Skate Canada. Insanity.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
See? Unforgettable. :)

i wish i could forget...

Mako Yamashita is keeping her SP.

She said so on Shizuka Arakawa's talk show in April.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UahVXB-pjY&t=54m45s

why? did she lose a bet? is someone blackmailing her?

Wait... haven’t we already had two seasons of that? Or has it been just one, but felt painfully long?

Some things leave me speechless.

the season before was Gabby Daleman to skate on the lady mouse

pearly

Record Breaker
i wish i could forget...

why? did she lose a bet? is someone blackmailing her?

the season before was Gabby Daleman to skate on the lady mouse

What's the story with that singer anyway? Is she a trained singer? Did SHE blackmail someone into a record deal?

Ziotic

Medalist
So at first I kinda thought that Rusfed was throwing Evgenia to the wolves with her assignments, but in retrospect I feel like it’s more Alina that has the bigger possibility of disaster.

While Evgenia is paired with Trusova, I think it’s pretty unanimous, that if cleanish with 2-3 quads the only competition she has is equally as clean Rika. So Evgenia getting a 3/2 in her GP is pretty reasonable and could possibly get her to the final. She could also move those placements up with mistakes from those high risk programs.

Alina on the other hand is expected to beat Alena in their meetings, but to do so she needs to be clean. I don’t think Alena will suffer from first season PCS as she was already getting big scores as a junior. If however Alina is not clean and Alena is, I see Alena winning which I think seriously damages Alina’s “leading” status as she will have lost to what most people feel is the easiest of 3A to beat.

While it still would likely put Alina to GPF with a 2/3, if she loses to Alena is both meetings or to 2/2 or 1/2 if she only loses to Alena in one of their meetings. It will make it easier for Rusfed to bump or hold back scores come Russian nationals and the decision for world/ euro teams.