2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

lusterfan

Final Flight
Seems like Mai has withdrawn from Skate Canada :( Hopefully she recovers in time for the latter half of the season!

On that note, would Yelim get Mai's spot? She's the highest (non-Russian) on the Season's Best list without two spots. Would they honor that list, or is it still up to the host to choose?

EDIT: Here's the next few skaters in line who would be eligible. Unlikely for the current JGP skaters to go GP, but who knows!

32 188.61 Marin HONDA JPN 4
33 184.09 Yuhana YOKOI JPN 5
38 181.21 Ashley LIN USA
39 180.55 Marina PIREDDA ITA
42 179.88 Ekaterina RYABOVA AZE 5
45 178.07 Courtney HICKS USA
46 177.22 Yi Christy LEUNG HKG
47 176.69 Hanna HARRELL USA
49 176.14 Nana ARAKI JPN
50 175.19 Shiika YOSHIOKA JPN

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Seems like Mai has withdrawn from Skate Canada :( Hopefully she recovers in time for the latter half of the season!

On that note, would Yelim get Mai's spot? She's the highest (non-Russian) on the Season's Best list without two spots. Would they honor that list, or is it still up to the host to choose?

Yelim already is assigned to SC along with Young, so no (sigh)

readernick

Medalist

It is up to the host to choose. I would say that Yelim ( while skating well) hasn't really looked like she will be a podium threat this year on the GPs and that might actually help her get a spot because she isn't necessarily going to be competition for the host's skaters.

lusterfan

Final Flight
Yelim already is assigned to SC along with Young, so no (sigh)

Omg I totally missed that ... Thanks for catching me so quickly!

That's unfortunate though, as Yelim and You Young both deserve two spots! Hopefully Marin gets the second spot then as she's got some star power and isn't really a podium threat. Skate Canada's roster is as stacked as a World Championships :shocked:

skatenewbie

Medalist

EDIT: Here's the next few skaters in line who would be eligible. Unlikely for the current JGP skaters to go GP, but who knows!

38 181.21 Ashley LIN USA
49 176.14 Nana ARAKI JPN
Yuhana Yokoi already have 2 GP assigned, also Hanna Harrell and Nana Araki can't skate in GP because you can't do both JGP and GP. It will probably be Marin, but i wont be surprised if lower rank skater get that spot. Hoping Yi Chrisy/Ryabova get it!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

38 181.21 Ashley LIN USA
49 176.14 Nana ARAKI JPN

Ashley Lin has switched to competing for China, so she's not eligible right now. The top ten who are eligible for the SC spot should be something like:

1. Marin Honda (CoC) - 32
2. Marina Piredda - 39
3. Ekaterina Ryabova (CoR) - 42
4. Courtney Hicks - 45
5. Yi Christy Leung - 46
6. Starr Andrews (NHK) - 52
7. Emmi Peltonen - 56
8. Nicole Schott - 58
9. Megan Wessenberg - 60
10. Nicole Rajicova - 61

Nirti

Medalist
I was naively rejoicing 2 weeks that we don't have many WD this year... :rolleye:

To replace Mihara at Skate Canada (Yoshioka is eligible as she didn't skate at JGP)

01 (32) 188.61 Marin HONDA (JPN) – GP CHN
02 (39) 180.55 Marina PIREDDA (ITA)
03 (42) 179.88 Ekaterina RIABOVA (AZE) – GP RUS
04 (45) 178.07 Courtney HICKS (USA)
05 (46) 177.22 Yi Christy LEUNG (HKG)
06 (50) 175.19 Shiika YOSHIOKA (JPN)
07 (52) 174.72 Starr ANDREWS (USA)
08 (56) 172.02 Emmi PELTONEN (FIN)
09 (58) 170.56 Nicole SCHOTT (GER)
10 (60) 170.33 Megan WESSENBERG (USA)

And to replace Ponsart at Skate America - as there's still Kolyada to replace, the list may be updated after their replacements are chosen, so I let the 2 next-in-line skaters.
There's some top skaters on the list who trains in North America : Samohin, Kerry, Bychenko...

01 (27) 230.84 Vladimir LITVINTSEV (AZE) – GP RUS
02 (28) 230.54 Daniel SAMOHIN (ISR) – GP FRA
03 (35) 224.44 Brendan KERRY (AUS) – GP CAN
04 (39) 220.57 Paul FENTZ (GER) – GP CAN
05 (40) 220.50 Aleksei BYCHENKO (ISR) – GP JPN
06 (44) 217.78 Irakli MAYSURADZE (GEO)
07 (46) 214.59 Aleksei EROKHOV (RUS)
08 (47) 213.40 Sota YAMAMOTO (JPN) – GP JPN
09 (48) 212.94 Conrad ORZEL (CAN) – GP JPN
10 (50) 210.31 Mitsuki SUMOTO (JPN)
-----------------------------------------------------
11 (51) 209.58 Slavik HAYRAPETYAN (ARM)
12 (54) 208.19 Bennet TOMAN (CAN)

Ziotic

Medalist
I bet Canada/America swap a lady for a man.

So Conrad to SA and Hicks/ Andrews to SC.

It’s basically what they did last year 😪.

Maybe I’ll be wrong and they’ll actually take from top of the list.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I bet Canada/America swap a lady for a man.

So Conrad to SA and Hicks/ Andrews to SC.

It’s basically what they did last year ��.

Maybe I’ll be wrong and they’ll actually take from top of the list.
At least as far as the SCI spot goes, there'd be grounds for them to take Honda, if the JSF pushed for it, since it was a Japanese spot originally and Skate Canada would then be able to get some future consideration (or even present consideration, since there's probably going to be vacancies at NHK too).

Ziotic

Medalist
At least as far as the SCI spot goes, there'd be grounds for them to take Honda, if the JSF pushed for it, since it was a Japanese spot originally and Skate Canada would then be able to get some future consideration (or even present consideration, since there's probably going to be vacancies at NHK too).

I can’t really think of any one else other than Orzel that would be close to needing a spot?

Mallet I suppose is almost at the top 10 when the Russians are removed. And Conrad is already attending NHK.

Is there anyone from dance or pairs that are close?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can’t really think of any one else other than Orzel that would be close to needing a spot?

Mallet I suppose is almost at the top 10 when the Russians are removed. And Conrad is already attending NHK.

Is there anyone from dance or pairs that are close?
Ruest/Wolfe are definitely on the list.

Litvintsev? Samohin? Why would you think they don't "need" a spot? :confused:
Ziotic is referring to what Canadian skaters are eligible that Skate Canada might want to trade something to the Japanese to secure a spot for them.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Marin Honda got the Skate Canada spot.

It is because of Mai Mihara's withdrawal from the event. Mihara has been ill and she is likely to skip the Japanese nationals, too. Marin now has got two opportunities to get it right but I'm worried about Mai. The group photo shows Marin has grown taller than Miyahara and Kihira, which may be why she's off-balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiEm0cyEoo

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
It is because of Mai Mihara's withdrawal from the event. Mihara has been ill and she is likely to skip the Japanese nationals, too. Marin now has got two opportunities to get it right but I'm worried about Mai. The group photo shows Marin has grown taller than Miyahara and Kihira, which may be why she's off-balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRiEm0cyEoo

Unfortunately the video is geoblocked for me :noshake:. I think Marin is about Mao's height now (163cm). So sad to hear about Mai :sad4:, I thought she had recovered and resumed training, but I guess her condition has deteriorated again. Wishing her a speedy recovery.