2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
And more importantly, is he based in Canada like Yee is?... We all wish for more spots for our faves, bu there aren't enough.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yee wasn't even in the top 10 on the replacement list. Guess Canada wanted a no-threat replacement for the home team for seed Kolyada.

Nirti

Medalist
Of course Yee was one of the obvious choices (he was #9 ranked to replace Kolyada in Canada). Samohin is based in the US but already assigned to GP France one week after, Litvintsev, Maysuradze and Hayrapetyan are based in Russia... It's not so easy to find a replacement 3 weeks before the event starts.

Litvintsev is not fave of me, but it seems he won't get any 2nd GP, even if he's #1 on the alternates list. But he's quite unknown and from a small federation. And for the Koliada-spot in Japan, it's one week after the Cup of Russia, where Litvintsev is already assigned, so maybe complicated with his calendar.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yee wasn't even in the top 10 on the replacement list. Guess Canada wanted a no-threat replacement for the home team for seed Kolyada.

He was however top ten in the list of replacement skaters who are eligible for the SC spot (removing Brendan Kerry, Paul Fentz, and Conrad Orzel), and we have often debated whether or not skaters get moved up in that case. Seems that they do.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
He was however top ten in the list of replacement skaters who are eligible for the SC spot (removing Brendan Kerry, Paul Fentz, and Conrad Orzel), and we have often debated whether or not skaters get moved up in that case. Seems that they do.

Julian may not be all that highly-ranked, but he is a very entertaining skater; his Seven Nations Army/AC/DC LP, which I think he is keeping this year, is a real crowd pleaser. I can see why Skate Canada might want to invite him!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also remember that Julian trains in Canada so he's appealing from a logistics and cost perspective. I personally love Julian and happy he got a GP.

Eta: I see someone pointed that out! My other point still stands!

Last edited:

pearly

Record Breaker
Ting Cui out of GP France and NHK due to injury. There should be enough time even for France to replace her.

readernick

Medalist
Ting Cui out of GP France and NHK due to injury. There should be enough time even for France to replace her.

I was looking forward to seeing her compete. She is so lovely. Hopefully. Young You gets a spot? Although, seeing as she could actually be a podium threat...perhaps Yelim or Starr?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Litvintsev is not fave of me, but it seems he won't get any 2nd GP, even if he's #1 on the alternates list. But he's quite unknown and from a small federation. ...

Raising my hand to put in a good word for Litvintsev, who made a positive impression on me last season. :)

I need to watch more of him before deeming him an outright favorite of mine, and of course, GPs bring more visibility. One opportunity is good, two would be better.

(Don't get me wrong: I never would be against additional opportunities for Julian :luv17:, who has been one of my outright favorites for several seasons now. Not only a crowd-pleaser with easier logistics for Kelowna, he also placed third :bow: in the SP at Skate America last year.)

Ting Cui out of GP France and NHK due to injury. ...

Oh, nooooo. :sad4:
Get well soon, Ting. :ghug:

Ziotic

Medalist
I was looking forward to seeing her compete. She is so lovely. Hopefully. Young You gets a spot? Although, seeing as she could actually be a podium threat...perhaps Yelim or Starr?

Who are the non Russians on the replacement list now?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There’s another potential vacancy at SCI to watch out for, as Aurora Cotop withdrew from Nebelhorn already due to groin issues. There’s been no news about her status since, so she may or may not be ready. I imagine Skate Canada would replace her with a Canadian, though (I guess it would have to be Hannah Dawson).

pearly

Record Breaker
There are quite a few Korean skaters higher on the list than several Europeans, but France may opt to replace Ting with those training in Europe. NHK could replace her with a Korean skater.

Ziotic

Medalist
There’s another potential vacancy at SCI to watch out for, as Aurora Cotop withdrew from Nebelhorn already due to groin issues. There’s been no news about her status since, so she may or may not be ready. I imagine Skate Canada would replace her with a Canadian, though (I guess it would have to be Hannah Dawson).

Or Veronik?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are quite a few Korean skaters higher on the list than several Europeans, but France may opt to replace Ting with those training in Europe. NHK could replace her with a Korean skater.

There's always Marina Piredda. She was initially listed for the JGP, but didn't end up competing so she should be eligible (as long as she's healthy). She's the highest non-Russian lady in Europe on the list. The next few from Europe would be Ekaterina Ryabova, Emmi Peltonen and Nicole Schott.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

Young's 3A is too strong a threat (deep sigh), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Yelim :pray: But really, both of them deserve second spots...