2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like just like last year, the GPF will only have Russian and Japanese ladies. Alina could be in trouble at the GPF. Key word: COULD.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
- Rusfed was lazy, so they just paired the girls and gave each pair two GPs.
- It is weird that Alina didn't get Rostelecom.

I've settled on the conclusion that Trusova probably needs it more for PCS building purposes. She's up against a lot of heavy PCS hitters with the judges, so if she skates well they have the excuse to reward her pretty highly. Her first event will be tough, probably the hardest of all of the 3As' assignments.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Happy that Veronik got an assignment. No Alaine as yet, interestingly. I guess they’re making her work for that host spot?

Merjan

On the Ice
Viveca from Finland at NHK, cool. And one event for ice-dancers Turkkila/Versluis. That's great.

cohen-esque

Final Flight
So we have...
  • Zagitova/Kostornaia
  • Medvedeva/Trusova
  • Tuktamysheva/Shcherbakova/Tursynbaeva
  • Hendrickx/Lecavalier/Shiraiwa
  • Daleman/Mihara
  • Higuchi/Sakamoto
... all facing each other twice. I’m going to get a headache from all the déjà vu.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why Grassl decided to stay junior? He could have easily got 2 GP.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Viveca from Finland at NHK, cool. And one event for ice-dancers Turkkila/Versluis. That's great.

NHK and China for Viveca! I'm looking forward to seeing her skate. I was hoping Turkkila/Versluis would get two assignments, though, they're so lovely to watch.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
NHK and China for Viveca! I'm looking forward to seeing her skate. I was hoping Turkkila/Versluis would get two assignments, though, they're so lovely to watch.
There are always withdrawals, so they can still hope for a second assignment.

prorussian fan

On the Ice
Trusova doing her thing could easily be silver in SK and win the Rostelecom Cup. I don't think Medvedeva is a problem for her sincerely.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Skate America and Skate Canada look like hell in ladies and pairs (to a lesser extent though), it will be a looooooot of fun (and tears, and nerves, and...i think i'm going to need a lot of booze to survive this early autumn :laugh:)

i'm happy for: Matteo getting two assignments, even though at SC he will face Hanyu, the russian dark horses and Pulkinen (i can still hope for a podium finish for my boy); Kevin Aymoz also with two assignments, one of wich is the most crowded unluckily for him; Sergei with 2 events (anything can happen, we know men are unpredictable, but i don't see how could he make it to the finals this year:(); Dmitriev vs Hanyu and the battle of the 4A (please, boys, be safe); Wakaba with two events (even though IDF looks like a walk in the park in comparison to SA); Sotskova, Ryabova, Andrews all getting at least one event; Gillies/Poirier with a shot to the finals; three different chinese ice dance teams; Fear/Gibson in two events.

i'm sad for: all the ladies at SA and SC, it will be a blood bath; Sergei getting two tough assingnments; no Donovan Carrillo yet; no Italian ladies yet.

P.S.: do you think Daniel Grassl will do jgp? it could make sense, he didn't get any spot on the senior gp yet, on jgp he could aim for gold, we have a lot of spots and not so many jr men (even less with an actual chance of reaching a medal of any color, let alone the finals). withdrawals are not rare, but how many chances does he have to get 2 spots this way?

figurefan0726

Final Flight
The GP is going to be on fire! I just can’t help but notice that all the skaters are somewhat grouped with others like Kaori and Wakaba. Also, Alina didn’t get rostelecom? Wow.