2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

clippers8200

On the Ice
So disheartened to see Young and Yelim skipped over several times now - really hope they get the second spots they deserve...

pearly

Record Breaker
Good for them but what about Young and Yelim? :(

Sometimes you wish the organizers were forced to pick between the top five one the list rather than give them this much choice. Sure, maybe the Koreans were invited and turned it down, but what are the odds. I hate it when the second group at a GP ends up being a flight of skaters who you otherwise only see at senior Bs. Great for them and their fans, but annoying for me personally.

readernick

Medalist
So disheartened to see Young and Yelim skipped over several times now - really hope they get the second spots they deserve...

I think Yelim would have been chosen if she was still training in the US. As it is, there was no time to add her to the list. (also her travel expenses are higher) Young, honestly, is not going to get chosen for the previously discussed reasons. If there is another withdrawal, Yelim could get the spot.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
It looks like Starr Andrews has replaced Ting Cui in France. Loena's spot is still open.

Marina Piredda didn't skate in the JGP, she was only on the substitute list, so she's in with a chance.

Awesome news for Starr!

SkateSkates

Medalist
I feel bad for You but am not surprised feds replaced Americans with Americans and Europeans with Europeans due to reasons stated above (travel arrangements + competition threat)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I feel bad for You but am not surprised feds replaced Americans with Americans and Europeans with Europeans due to reasons stated above (travel arrangements + competition threat)
In the case of Schott and IdF, I would say it's purely the former, because none of the French ladies are medal contenders.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Actually its already a bit weird that Yelim got only 1 GP. She's in top 24 SB and usually they got 2, while top 24 WS usually get 1 like You did (if in top 24 SB they usually got 2 as well). Some russian skater like Shakanovich get 1 because they didnt have enough spot (that also cause Tarusina and Gubanova didnt get any spot).

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Actually its already a bit weird that Yelim got only 1 GP. She's in top 24 SB and usually they got 2, while top 24 WS usually get 1 like You did (if in top 24 SB they usually got 2 as well). Some russian skater like Shakanovich get 1 because they didnt have enough spot (that also cause Tarusina and Gubanova didnt get any spot).

Young You was not in the top 24 on the WS list. She actually was not guaranteed any spots.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Young should get another spot... she's kind of in a tough position though where she's done well yet didn't actually win her challenger series events.

Yelim should get another spot. She earned the score last season and has been ranked above every non-Russian lady since the start of the off-season; but they skip over her anyway.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Young You was not in the top 24 on the WS list. She actually was not guaranteed any spots.
oops yes i mistaken her being in top 24 WS. Sotskova is an example since she's in top 24 WS. Rika Hongo also got 1 because of her WS placement 1 or 2 season ago

clippers8200

On the Ice
Definitely understand why You and Yelim are not getting spots, but just think it's disillusioning how political these processes are :(
But also happy for these other skaters who are getting their shots on the GP! Hope everyone remains healthy and that there are no more withdrawals.