2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

lusterfan

Final Flight
China is noncompetitive in ladies (and ice dance). Inviting bigger name skaters won't be a detriment to their skaters (as nice as Hongyi is, she's not in any danger of making the podium). With that said, they might even have the incentive to invite bigger name skaters - generate more interest in the event (more attendees, more revenue & more buzz, more opportunity to grow the sport in China). Visas and/or flight logistics may be factors, but small.

Will be funny to see Young and Yelim (if she's invited) together again!

Somi

Rinkside
China has nothing to lose but there are other feds that will lose out if China invites another strong skater.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I would love to see Yelim Kim again, but on the other hand, there is another lady from Finland on that list, so it would also be nice to see Finland represented at the GP circuit.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Shh, you might jinx her, you can dance all you want (while I go freak out, cry my eyeballs out, then get all the booze out) when the ticket is decided ;)

I thought you'd be quite pleased :laugh2:

Not trying to jinx, but all my fingers are crossed for Yelim, which does make typing interesting...

madraykin

Rinkside
I would love to see Yelim Kim again, but on the other hand, there is another lady from Finland on that list, so it would also be nice to see Finland represented at the GP circuit.

Yeah, I was thinking Finland might want to try and get that spot for Emmi.

On the other hand, how likely is it that Viveca will also withdraw from NHK? They might like that spot for Emmi more (more training time plus fewer/no visa issues).

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

On the other hand, how likely is it that Viveca will also withdraw from NHK? They might like that spot for Emmi more (more training time plus fewer/no visa issues).

Either way, we’ll know soon. Fingers crossed though Viveca sticks to NHK. Maybe it was a visa issue, not a scheduling/injury issue? I liked her in Europeans last year

haribobo

On the Ice
What's funny is that Saarinen with her 181 score this season would be almost at the top of the sub list, were that a score from last season. She is almost 10 points higher than Emmi's top score from last year. Sadly, Jenni doesn't even have a ISU SB from last season at all. But the way things are going this season, she definitely looks to be heavy favorite to get at least 1 of the 3 Euros spots...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Emmi is skating at Rostelecom. Doing China and RC back to back is not such a good idea.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Not sure.

Reed & Ambrulevicius were named & are on the ISU document but don't appear to be on the entry list.

Reed posted on IG a few hours ago, thanking Massimo Scali for preparing them for the GP France, so I'm pretty sure they'll be there.

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany

Viveca was entered for Golden Bear this past weekend but also withdrew, I hope it's not an injury. :/

Sk8D8

Spectator
It is all going to come down to who has a visa already. It is too close to apply for one