2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

Nirti

Medalist
There is some skaters from Europe and close to Russia like Rajicova/Brezinova, maybe they will be chosen (idk if they train outside Europe/not though)

Rajicova didn't compete for the moment, already last season she begun with 4 Nationals in december.
Yamada and Sorensen didn't compete too, Piredda is recovering from an injury (but competed 2 weeks ago), Brezinova seems to be fixing some issues so maybe not ready for a GP. I'm not sure whether Hicks is still competing, I realise she's not on the US team anymore.

Probably Nicole Schott would have the faster travel?

Nirti

Medalist
Does Yelim Kim already have a visa for Japan? :cool:
I wouldn't be surprised if Craine is invited... Wonder about Yasmine Yamada, she didn't skate this fall but has obviously japanese roots.

01 (24) 196.34 Yelim KIM (KOR) – GP CAN
02 (39) 180.55 Marina PIREDDA (ITA)
03 (45) 178.07 Courtney HICKS (USA)
04 (42) 179.88 Ekaterina RIABOVA (AZE) – GP RUS
05 (56) 172.02 Emmi PELTONEN (FIN) - GP RUS
06 (61) 169.03 Nicole RAJICOVA (SVK)
07 (62) 167.84 Kailani CRAINE (AUS) - GP CHN
08 (63) 166.77 Eliska BREZINOVA (CZE)
09 (71) 164.68 Yasmine YAMADA (SUI)
10 (72) 162.80 Yujin CHOI (KOR) - GP CHN
11 (73) 162.48 Hanul KIM (KOR)
12 (74) 161.58 Pernille SORENSEN (DEN)
13 (75) 161.16 Dasa GRM (SLO)

Last edited:

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm not sure whether Hicks is still competing, I realise she's not on the US team anymore.

Courtney finished 2nd at regionals recently & qualified to sectionals in 10 days. She’ll need a better score, since her TES at regionals was a couple points less than the requirement for nationals.

Nirti

Medalist
And Kailani Craine got NHK.

Funny situation for Schott and Craine : no GP assignments in june, now 2 GP each!

theharleyquinn

Medalist
As long as Korea continues to have no GP, they will get increasingly shafted as more very talented ladies turn senior. I am fully on board for giving IdF to Korea (in exchange for forcing KSU to do what I say :laugh:)

DenissVFan

Medalist
Is it possible that Yelim was offered other slots but could not secure paper work in time?

But there were so many withdrawals across many events. How likely is that she couldn't enter any of these countries?

Even if that's the case, perhaps each event should have one or two official alternates, with the provision that this season Gubanova gets the priority to replace any fellow Russian and Yelim gets the priority to replace anyone else. No skipping allowed unless there's a valid reason. These alternates would have the time to secure any paperwork. This is a skater-oriented approach, so it's unlikely to happen.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
This is BS, and I am just furious at this point. This degree of blocking a talented skater's chances, "intentional" or not, just shouldn't be allowed.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
As long as Korea continues to have no GP, they will get increasingly shafted as more very talented ladies turn senior. I am fully on board for giving IdF to Korea (in exchange for forcing KSU to do what I say :laugh:)

Skipping skaters who are likely too dangerous for certain other skaters, is not restricted to Koreans. Why do you think Kerry, last at his GP, got China, and also Orzel, again no big international medals IIRC... really just a coincidence, or could that have anything to do with the fact that China needs Yan to place as high as possible, and skaters like Litvintsev and Yamamoto could be too dangerous for him? As much as I enjoy seeing variety, GP is supposed to be a series that only allows the best of the best to participate. I agree with the poster who said that 10 is too much of a choice.

treblemakerem

On the Ice
This system just makes no sense. The host country being able to skip the better skaters is just ridiculous. They are being punished for their success. Substitutes should be picked from the top of the list and if there a visa issue then they go to the next one. I could see if it was a replacement from the same country as the skater who withdrew. This system is so unfair to skaters from countries without a Grand Prix.

Nirti

Medalist
If Young You and Yujin Choi where invited to Cup of China, I'm quite sure Yelim Kim was invited too, but couldn't go there for any reasons. Because You's invitation means Chinese Fed don't have any problems with inviting potential medalists 2. Chinese Fed is in "good" terms with Korean federation, and probably Korean fed would have tried to secure a spot for Yelim Kim. And as Kim is training in Korea, the travel costs involved are the same...