2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

Fluture

Record Breaker
It is more fair to compare points at a junior level, don't you think so?
Old system scores:
Medvedeva 192.97 at JWC
Trusova 225.52 at JWC

Nah, that‘s even less fair. Those competitions were like what, four years apart? Doesn‘t make sense at all to compare them. I think overall, we‘ll have to see the skaters at Challenger events, then we can maybe compare them.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's some bull*#@% right there with the Russian Fed not inviting any US Ice Dance teams just so they can protect their precious teams. :dev2: And no US Ladies at COC? So China raids the US to get girls to skate for them then doesn't assign any US Ladies at COC? :disagree:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Someone explain to me why Alina not going to Rostelecom is such a big deal

Because she is World Champ. In general, the reigning World Champ and Russia‘s biggest star usually got the home field. Zhenya after she won Worlds in 2017 and Alina after the Olympic win. I don‘t think it‘s a particularly big deal, though. Zhenya wasn‘t in Russia in the 2016-2017 season even though she did win Worlds the year before. And it‘s very likely Alina wanted Japan because she loves it. But she could have only one of the two because Russia and Japan are back to back. I see no conspiracy here and don‘t get what the big deal is either.

studentsb

Rinkside
The ladies' field is deeper than ever, and each GP event will be so exciting! No guarantees for sure!

I do wonder how high the PCS will start for Anna, Alena, and Alexandra in their senior debuts.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
My impression is that it's going to be so intense, I am now looking forward to the ladies GP events the most in years. And I'd already liked watching ladies a lot.

voolfee

On the Ice
Med scored 223.80 at WC with 2 UR
Trusova scored 222.89 at JWC with 2 landed quads and 1 quad fall

While I would put my money on Trusova, I think it's closer than people think. A lot will depend on # of quads, cleanliness of both, and PCS.

Do you really think that Med has a chance against Sasha? :palmf:

humbaba

Final Flight
I'm surprised H/D are willing to go for back to back events at the start of the GP once again.

Being the third seed, they probably didn't have a choice. They had to take what was left over after host picks and first and second seed picks.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Poor Nastya Gubanova! Passed over yet again! I’m glad Masha and Sima have spots, but even though Masha is one of my absolute favs, based on their performances this season, I would rather give Nastya two spots.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Sasha will most likely beat Zhenya. Let’s consider that juniors don’t have choreo sequences and have slightly lower PCS than justified. As long as Sasha lands one quad I think she can already beat Zhenya. Zhenya may eventually land 4S, but I doubt she’ll get it steady by the GP. After all, it took Sasha an entire season and it look Lilbet half of one. Sasha scored 215 even with only one quad landed, and that was her lowest score this entire season. She’s also been really consistent with her 4T. With just 4T she can score around 218.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Do you really think that Med has a chance against Sasha? :palmf:

Did I say that? Or did I simply post scores from their most recent competitions and say that it's not entirely clear cut because many things could happen? Not everything needs to start an argument. I'm prepared for and will live with any results, will you?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Sasha will most likely beat Zhenya. Let’s consider that juniors don’t have choreo sequences and have slightly lower PCS than justified. As long as Sasha lands one quad I think she can already beat Zhenya. Zhenya may eventually land 4S, but I doubt she’ll get it steady by the GP. After all, it took Sasha an entire season and it look Lilbet half of one. Sasha scored 215 even with only one quad landed, and that was her lowest score this entire season. She’s also been really consistent with her 4T. With just 4T she can score around 218.

I don‘t think anyone seriously expects Zhenya to beat Sasha. Only thing people are saying is that there is at least the possibility of this to happen. Which is fair, of course, since we never know beforehand. If I had to bet, I‘d bet on Sasha of course, if only for the simple fact that her technical scores are way above Zhenya‘s even without the choreo sequence. It‘s more likely that the tough fight will be between Rika and Sasha. But if anyone messes up, Zhenya will most likely be there to use her chance.

katymay

Medalist
Poor Nastya Gubanova! Passed over yet again! I’m glad Masha and Sima have spots, but even though Masha is one of my absolute favs, based on their performances this season, I would rather give Nastya two spots.

I think she has a great chance as an alternate. Somewhere, someone will drop out, be injured, retire etc.