2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2019-20 GP Series: Entries announced

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
From the ISU announcement

The minimum total score from ISU Events for this season is 3/5 of highest score per discipline at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019:

Men 194.05

Donovan's season's best was 174.70. If he does some early challenger events and brings his score above the minimum, he would be eligible as a replacement.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm looking forward to NHK pairs and I hope Miura/Ichihashi get the host spot!

Also Skate America ladies - I am totally Wakaba right now

Am I the only one who thinks Skate America men looks quite difficult?
& it's Koshiro's first and (so far) only senior GP event.

litenkyckling

Final Flight
Surely the SC host pick for pairs should be Walsh/Michaud given that they a) got the silver at Nationals and b) Ilyushechkina/Bilodeau got 2 spots and W/M only got one spot.

Ziotic

Medalist
Surely the SC host pick for pairs should be Walsh/Michaud given that they a) got the silver at Nationals and b) Ilyushechkina/Bilodeau got 2 spots and W/M only got one spot.

I bet they are hoping they get another invite from withdrawals, as they are pretty high on the replacement list and if not, then for sure the spot goes to them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I the only one who thinks Skate America men looks quite difficult?
& it's Koshiro's first and (so far) only senior GP event.

Great for me as I'm going! I been waiting on a roster like this for 7 years of going to SA :laugh:

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
do you think Daniel Grassl will do jgp? it could make sense, he didn't get any spot on the senior gp yet, on jgp he could aim for gold, we have a lot of spots and not so many jr men (even less with an actual chance of reaching a medal of any color, let alone the finals). withdrawals are not rare, but how many chances does he have to get 2 spots this way?
Daniel will do the JGP because is aiming to be at the final.

http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/node/2...Gnh5-zPZhdebNOPFw1xKFRp-_knlwbWTQFQvlBnRvI-LE

randomfan

Record Breaker
My predictions (which are almost impossible to make at this stage but that doesn’t stop me ;) ) What do you guys think?

Skate America
1: Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
3: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA

Skate Canada
1: Alexandra TRUSOVA
2: Rika KIHIRA
3: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA

Internationaux de France
1: Alina ZAGITOVA
2: Alëna KOSTORNAIA
3: Kaori SAKAMOTO

Cup of China
1: Anna SHCHERBAKOVA
2: Elizabet TURSYNBAEVA
3: Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA

Rostelecom
1: Alexandra TRUSOVA
2: Evgenia MEDVEDEVA
3: Satoko MIYAHARA

NHK
1: Rika KIHIRA
2: Alina ZAGITOVA
3: Alëna KOSTORNAIA

Just curious - why are your predictions for SA and China ordered differently? :laugh:

ruga

Final Flight
Great minds think alike ;)
My GPF is Rika, Sasha, Anna, Zhenya or Alena, Alina and Elizabet.
Oh I just realized our predictions are basically exactly the same. Happy to know I'm not alone ;)

Maju

On the Ice
Just curious - why are your predictions for SA and China ordered differently? :laugh:
I have a feeling Elizabets 3A isn’t going to be completely perfect right away so I’m accounting for that by putting her 3rd for her first event. I imagine Eteri will keep her busy working on it in between her events :laugh:

Sensation

On the Ice
Anna got good placements.

Looking forward to SC with Zhenya vs Sasha vs Rika and NHK with Alina vs Rika.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think ideally they would like to give that to Brasseur/Bardei and have Walsh/Michaud get a second event as a replacement.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Preliminary dance predictions:

Skate America
1. Hubbell/Donohue
2. Stepanova/Bukin (will make a fight of it)
3. Zahorski/Guerreiro vs. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen

Skate Canada International
1. Hubbell/Donohue
2. Gilles/Poirier
3. Hawayek/Baker

Internationaux de France
1. Papadakis/Cizeron (bold, I know)
2. Chock/Bates
3. Guignard/Fabbri

Cup of China
1. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
2. Chock Bates
3. Hawayek/Baker vs. Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen

Rostelecom Cup
1. Sinitsina/Katsalapov
2. Gilles/Poirier
3. Kaliszek/Spodyriev vs. Hurtado/Khaliavin (based on scores it should be the former, but the Poles never start strongly)

NHK Trophy
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Stepanova/Bukin
3. Guignard/Fabbri

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Grassl was guaranteed one Sr GP spot by being in top 24 Season Best list. The fact he didn't get any means he wasn't submitted for consideration. So he must have decided to stay in Junior GP (or skip the whole GP season but it would sounds strange).
it make sense though. as i said on the jgp he could get the gold

Daniel stated in a recent interview that because of the finals in Torino he wants to try to qualify for the finals in JGP.

thank you!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I wish that France had other ladies to send to their host Grand Prix. Year after year we see Mae and Laurine, year after year we see them, and neither has the potential to be even top 5 in this tough field.