2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, after today, I wouldn't rule out T/M yet, but momentum is absolutely on B/K's side. I'm not sure these scores are going to make a repeat performance, so I want to see how they're going to fare at the GPF. It's there that they can definitely present a challenge to S/H and say that they are here to stay.

Let's see how T/M will also deal with running after first place.

At the moment, S/N are non-factors. M/G and P/K will be fighting for third place in Russia.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a night (evening)! I was sitting on the edge of my seat. First of all: it seems Ksenia has become a really warm person, just like Aljona did, after switching partners. Of course she made a mistake too, but I though it was heartwarming how she comforted Andrei after their not so good FS. All part of gelling as a pair as well as stamina. They were a bit overscored yesterday, but it's still not a bad outing for a new pair. I'm sure they will improve, even if it's not enough yet to go to Europeans or Worlds this year.

I know this is the Russian Pairs' figure skating thread, and I hope no one is angry with me for mentioning the Germans. Because they made me cry, not the programme in itself, but their reaction when they realised they would get a medal. Good for Minerva and Nolan. They finally kept it together in their Free. Even though their Austrian rivals skated better in the FS...always fun to see pairs really rivalling. Close even in total points.

30 points difference between Evgenia and Vladimir and the bronze medallists. And Evgenia and Vladimir finally are back! I know, still some mistakes, but wow! This was a good skate. Really, really pleased to see them on the game again. It might not get them to the Final, but they definitely have shown they're a force to be reckoned with.

Last to mention, but not least in any way. I've been a fan of Aleksandra and Dmitrii since I first saw them, and they didn't disappoint this evening. A great FS, much better than when they won earlier in the GP, and now they've deservedly won again with much higher marks. Kudos! And, ahem, did I take note of Aleksandra's smile? Of course I did, I always do. Haha, and Dmitrii's such a joy in his enthusiasm. Love them.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The problem with T/M I see is that when they have a problem in their program, it is always something different. Yesteday spin and step sequence, today jumps. Problem, but consistent problem, can be polished, while when it is all the time something else, it's harder to remove it. That saying, their program was definitely very good, with good SBS jumps they would probably win at least the free program.

B/K, they seem as literally having not a single problemthis season. They will be hard competitors even for Sui/Han (B/K even overscored their score from the Cup of China).

As for S/N, they are on the very beginning and despite their mistakes it is promising.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So happy for Sasha and Dima. Both were amazing, no mistakes, amazing technique and transitions and lovely skating! The battle for gold at the GPF and Worlds will be amazing to watch! They are so young yet already such top notch skaters! Cannot wait to see their development over the years

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I don't think anyone has mentioned this but B/K winning Rostelecom pretty much guarantees P/K a trip to the GPF for the second year in a row. Congrats to them :agree:

Artemisa

Final Flight
B/K ... they were perfect at home ... program's are getting better and better ... they can be close to S/H more in the SP than the LP ... but I think they aren't there yet to beat a clean S/H... The scores are deserve but the LP of S/H in worlds had a score the 153

T/M ...they are better .. I like the new costume .. pink but chic .. I think for nationals they will be back in total force

Ksenia ... the LP needs work but is a good LP

I happy for the german pair ...

P.S: This thread could be 2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating and other adoptive/ lonely pairs

madforskating

On the Ice
People really need to relax and stop writing off Tarasova/Morozov. True, Boikova/Kozlovskii are a very strong team and have been skating better than T/M this season, but T/M still have everything it takes to win if they can pull it together. I think it could develop into an interesting rivalry between the two pairs, and I'm here for it.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
People really need to relax and stop writing off Tarasova/Morozov. True, Boikova/Kozlovskii are a very strong team and have been skating better than T/M this season, but T/M still have everything it takes to win if they can pull it together. I think it could develop into an interesting rivalry between the two pairs, and I'm here for it.

I'm not writing them off at all. Just pleased they managed to get into second at Rostelecom. I see their performance there as an improvement, and I hope they will continue improving. Interesting rivalry indeed, and - but this is very personal - I am in love with Aleksandra and Dmitrii for now. They just skated so well here. But that doesn't mean I think T/M are to be written off. Please, no!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I still rank T/M as the leading Russian pair, they’re just struggling a little, but they have a special quality to make things very seamless in between elements, it all comes from experience. With Zoueva’s help, I believe they’d be back on top soon.
B/K are really doing well though, I was quite shocked to see how good they looked at test skates, they improved a ton. Now with 2 golds, they’ve earned their reputation points going into gpf.
so T/M will have to up their game with Zoueva by nationals.
Anyways, right now, I’d really want world pairs podium to be made out of s/h, t/m, b/k in any order.
Other baby Russian pairs are definitely dangerous too. Cmon, sbs 3F, they’re pushing the tes really hard.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
There is no doubt T/M are still #1. Besides the season is still kind of young and they have multiple more chances to set it right again with the GPF (if they make it), nationals, Euros and worlds. If they do well at the last two then they will end the season and enter the next as #1. However if things continue as they have it will certainly make things more messy. The federation may have no choice despite all their dislike for change to name a new #1.

In my personal opinion I do think their inconsistently in the last two seasons combined with the rise of B/K and the other baby teams should make the Russian fed. keep things open next season regardless of what happens in the second half of this season. They have to make sure that whoever is #1 in the Olympic season is given enough support soon enough and not too late. Wait too long and all the teams going to Beijing will be hurt.

LadyB

Record Breaker
One thing is for sure: I can't wait for Russian Nationals!!!! This will be like a mini-Europeans and Worlds and how exciting that will be :yahoo: Bring it on!!! I love them all, and I hope T/M will recover from whatever is bugging them. Best of luck to Ksenia, but they haven't got enough to play for medals. I'm just worried that time might be running out for them at some point, given that Novoselov has never been in the A-league and will turn 30 in a few days time, compared to their very hot teenage competition. :cheer2:

pesto

On the Ice
Quite the plot twist - Bond is Russian!

Confidence suits B&K. They are really starting to get into the performance, and it's very enjoyable. Yeah, clean T&M, or clean S&H would beat them, at the moment. But those two pairs so often make mistakes, sometimes quite big ones, and if they do, they don't have enough of a buffer over a clean B&K to stay ahead.

I do long to see T&M nail it, I have to say.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Russians don't have Bond, they should deploy Otto von Stierlitz, undercover agent with the real name Maxim Isayev :laugh:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Very unsatisfying short for M/G, though I'm happy they maximized their BV, although some of the GOE was :scratch2:

Let' be real here for a moment, that program needs to go. They should go back to their old SP, I don't think anyone would mind.

The final is still in their hands, anyway.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
What is a thrilling question is what will be the final standings tomorrow. Tarasova/Morozov need M/G to be second and MT/M 3rd (with some lower score) to get to the finals (or M/G to completely mess and be 5th).

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
What is a thrilling question is what will be the final standings tomorrow. Tarasova/Morozov need M/G to be second and MT/M 3rd (with some lower score) to get to the finals (or M/G to completely mess and be 5th).

M/G control their own fate and T/M's too, but also what's going to happen with MT/M. I was surprised with the difference between MT/M and M/G today, though.