2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

LadyB

Record Breaker
It would really be a pity if Korovin had retired, I felt they were just coming together nicely...

As for the Juniors: Yeah, I'm really gutted for Mukhametzyanova/Mironov, I love them! There are so talented and fun to watch. After the great season they had, they should have gone to Jun Worlds... ah well, they are young an will have a great career.

I also love Mukhortova/Evgeniev, they've got lovely lines when they're skating. Looking forward to all of the young Mozer Pairs in the future.
Talking of which, Akopova/Shagalov were a bit unlucky not to come second in the Bavarian Open, but they too got all to play for. I love their Carmen, I can see some Klimov moves when Max skates. :luv17:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Yes, falls like these in pair skating are gut wrenching to watch. There is another danger when skaters tumble over each other, a blade slashing a face or neck. Hope never to see this in competition.

A terrifying thought. Pair skating is the pinnacle of figure skating for me, but yeah...

LadyB

Record Breaker

A wise decision. On the day she won the silver medal with Fedor!

There was no pair boy available in her league, so I'm not totally devastated (and yes, I'm suuuuuuuuuper biased, I didn't want to see a guy other than Fedya next to her:noshake:)

She is a wonderful skater, even in a single performance, as we could see in Plushenko's show. She will have a fantastic time skating and showing her skills in shows. On this occasions, she could even skate with top class partners, if there is such an opportunity.
Anyway, she knows lots of people involved in great shows around the world. I'm sure she'll be fine, earning money with what she does best and travelling the world, which she likes best.

Good on ya, Ksu. All the very best to you from the bottom of my heart. :luv17:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Pity, she didn't look bad with Novoselov at all. But, one has to admit this, the new wave of the young russian pairs is very strong she would probably have hard times to break through.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Pity, she didn't look bad with Novoselov at all. But, one has to admit this, the new wave of the young russian pairs is very strong she would probably have hard times to break through.

Well, at her prime she did have a triple-triple, before they were so common with the youngsters, but I think her time in competitions has passed. The newer generations of pairs in Russia have a lot to offer.

madforskating

On the Ice
A wise decision. On the day she won the silver medal with Fedor!

There was no pair boy available in her league, so I'm not totally devastated (and yes, I'm suuuuuuuuuper biased, I didn't want to see a guy other than Fedya next to her:noshake:)

She is a wonderful skater, even in a single performance, as we could see in Plushenko's show. She will have a fantastic time skating and showing her skills in shows. On this occasions, she could even skate with top class partners, if there is such an opportunity.
Anyway, she knows lots of people involved in great shows around the world. I'm sure she'll be fine, earning money with what she does best and travelling the world, which she likes best.

Good on ya, Ksu. All the very best to you from the bottom of my heart. :luv17:

Ah, it’s so bittersweet, but I totally agree that she has so many opportunities available to her. As much as I hoped she could go on to the next Olympics, it just wasn’t meant to be, and there will never be a pair as magical as Stolbova/Klimov for me. I’m going to miss her competing, but I’m sure we’ll still see her around.

And we can always rewatch their Addams Family performance for the rest of our lives :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kadyrova was 2nd at the Cup of Russia Final in older group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUwBFFJCIE

Pretty amazing how quickly she was able to switch to pairs.

Perhaps she was already training with her partner while still competing in singles? Fearless of being thrown and supported at speed and height, skating skill should be perfectly OK for a quick transition. Learning paired skating and the invisible instincts required perhaps came naturally? More training time will have her a honed competitor coming season.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands

I agree. Especially in the SP at RC they looked really good. Guess Novoselov is no Massot...although his injury (ies) may have something to do with it. Quite apart from the new wave of pairs (which of course also will have played a part).

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
This interview with Nina Moser appears to suggest that Zabiiako and Enbert may be retiring: https://www.sovsport.ru/figure/articles/2:936251
In it she states that the upcoming ice show will 'most likely be a farewell performance in professional sports' for Natalia and Alexander.

NOTE: I cannot read Russian, so used Google Translate. If it has translated her words inaccurately, I apologise. I don't wish to post anything untrue or inaccurate, so would be grateful if any of our Russian speakers could confirm this!

If they are indeed retiring, I wish them all the best. I'm glad that they achieved great success in their partnership, winning Bronze at Worlds (2019), Bronze at Europeans (2018) as well as Golds at NHK and Helsinki in 2018. I especially enjoyed their Toi et Moi free skate and they will be remembered for their on-ice sword fighting Alexander Nevsky!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
They announced their retirement right on this live stream, right, but heartedly thanked Nina Mikhailovna?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It was expectable, the sad thing is that they retired in the moment when they vastly improved. But if Enbert has the heart problems, there is no sense in risking his health.

Arbitrary

Medalist
It was expectable, the sad thing is that they retired in the moment when they vastly improved. But if Enbert has the heart problems, there is no sense in risking his health.

Whatever is, but he personally addressed the issue and said that "no surgery, no special care required".
Well, Grinkov thought the same. He was too afraid going with surgery.

LadyB

Record Breaker
They announced their retirement right on this live stream, right, but heartedly thanked Nina Mikhailovna?

Why not, they were always very fond of each other and Nina has done a lot for them. She will also give Sasha a job as coach, just like she did for Fedor. That's probably not what you meant... Sorry, I'm sure I misunderstood you. :) I thought you were wondering why they thanked Mozer.

Whatever is, but he personally addressed the issue and said that "no surgery, no special care required".
Well, Grinkov thought the same. He was too afraid going with surgery.

:eek: Let's stay positive :pray:

They showed a moving performance last night at the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amjMlGne1yA Tribute to Sasha and Natalia from 1:09:03.