2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

Tinza

Rinkside
The Russian fed. sending M/G and P/K to France is definitely a test to see who is #4. They could have sent one of them to China instead (where as the sole Russian team they would have been #1) and give E/K the third spot in France but they didn't. Whoever comes out on top will certainly head into nationals with the advantage. I guess they didn't want to wait.

I can't decide if B/K competing against T/M twice is good or bad, there are definite positives and negatives. It certainly benefits Z/E more then it does either B/K or T/M and puts off the race for #2 until later in the season.

Overall I do think its a sign that the Russian fed. see the top 3 as T/M, Z/E and B/K and will keep it that way unless things happen. If the fed. were uncertain about B/K they would probably have tried to find a way to put them up against either P/K or M/G at least once.

Did the Russian fed. really decide to send E/K to China? It makes more sense, that the Chinese fed. invited them, because they are not a big threat to their pairs.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
The pair I'm curious about, though, is Ustimkina/Rogonov. Does anyone know if they mean to compete - this season, or at all? or just continue to do shows? (I believe they were at Fantasy on Ice.)
In an interview Ustimkina said that she didn't want to compete just to be a competitor, but a medal contender. With such ambitions they will probably do shoes. I can't see that new team as medal contenders with their little pairs experience together. When you make a new partnership it always starts from scratch.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm super excited for next pairs season. The existing quality and assumed potential of all the Russian teams is marvellous and if they all live up to expectations, Russian pairs fans will be in for a treat. :yahoo:

Would it be actually allowed by the rules that Stolbova/Novoselov could take part in a GP event? They are not in the National Team and they haven't officially being introduced as a new pair yet. Do they not have to take part in Cup of Russia and qualify for Nationals before they can get on to the big international events? I mean, nothing is impossible if the Fed wants it...

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Ksenia dearly and wish her all the best in the world. She'll always be my number one pair girl! However, I must admit that I find the idea of seeing her with a different partner upsetting, but such is life. :scowl:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
In an interview Ustimkina said that she didn't want to compete just to be a competitor, but a medal contender.
Alex said it too. (imo the chance of them wanting to compete is like 20%/ they seem to be loving show skating)

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr MG & their music choice:noshake:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Entries for the russian junior pairs at JGP Lake Placid:
http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109478.htm

Kseniia Akhanteva/Valerii Kolesov - 4th at JGPF 2018, 10th at senior nats, had to withdraw from junior nats.
Apollinariia Panfilova/Dmitry Rylov - 3rd at JGPF 2018, 7th at senior nats, 3rd at junior nats, 2nd at WJC.
Alina Pepeleva/Roman Pleshkov - 3rd at JGP Austria 2018.
Substitude: Stanislava Vislobokova/Aleksei Briukhanov

The ones to beat, IMO. Russia reigns supreme in junior pairs and ice dance.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The ones to beat, IMO. Russia reigns supreme in junior pairs and ice dance.

According to brief look for results of the other pairs it should be all russian podium just like for the most of the last year.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
According to brief look for results of the other pairs it should be all russian podium just like for the most of the last year.

Nice but sort of sad too.

Pairs is a very difficult discipline, hard to maintain for lesser federations and smaller rinks without sufficient good skaters in singles, esp. adolescent boys and young men.

Ice skating is a fun discipline, but apparently also suffering from lack of interest.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Short programs from junior test skates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BzGFMxwwVQ

Panfilova/Rylov - clean.
Akhanteva/Kolesov - Kolesov's fall on SBS jump. Preserved their last season's SP with Interstellar music, that is a big + for me.
Kostyukovich/Yalin - Ialin's fall in the beginning (no element execution).
Pepeleva/Pleshkov - Pleshkov messed many elements incl. spins.
Shcheglova/Kalashnikov - clean.
Vislobokova/Bryukhanov - clean, maybe some minor errors in steps.
Petuchkova/Malikov - Petuchkova's fall on throw jump
Mukhametzyanova/Mironov - Mukhametzyanova's fall on SBS jump. Weird music selection...
Mukhortova/Yevgeniev - clean, more or less.
Artemieva/Nazarichev - ended slightly later after the music, maybe some minor errors in steps, but I liked their performance.
Belova/Chigirev - clean. They were obviously very happy with their performance.
Kuzmina/Khvalko - Kuzmina's fall on throw jump, some interresting ideas on the beginning of the program. No to Bad Guy :devil:

siela

On the Ice
Novoselov got released by the French Fed. Starting this season he and Ksenia can compete for Russia :agree::yahoo::hap10: Article in Russian: https://rsport.ria.ru/20190809/1557360180.html
It is getting hotter and hotter in Russian pairs.
Their first appearance would be during Russian senior test skates. Cannot wait :hap57:

LRK

Record Breaker
Good grief - I was not expecting that! Is DG getting soft in his old age or... ?

Anyway, great for them.:)

medoroa

On the Ice
I'm so thrilled! I've been waiting for her to come back for what feels like forever. :luv17: Wonderful news for a discipline that seems to get more and more anemic. (I love all the elite pairs skaters active right now, but there just isn't enough of them!!!)

Now if only Marchei would also come back... :sad46:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Full free programs from junior test skates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8LrT9Ivfio

Pepeleva/Pleshkov - costumes are either replica or the same as Voloshar/Trankov, either similar to Alina Zagitova's older costume. Pleshkov fell on SBS 3S and there was only a double throw flip, but otherwise pretty good skate, with good 3T-2T-2T combo.
Akhanteva/Kolesov - skating to Shine On You Crazy Diamond like Moore-Towers/Marinaro last season. Their SBS combo was 3S-Eu-3S, but Ksenia fell on the first S, Valeri on the second. Kseniia then fell on the second throw jump. They showed pretty good lifts and presentation skills. Just need to master the program.
Kostyukovich/Yalin - only placeholders instead of SBS jumps, Polina fell on one of the throw jumps. Everything looks like they have trained this program only for a very short time.
Panfilova/Rylov - fantastic lifts, skating skills, presentation, but still only double SBS jumps (and Dmitry fell on combo). They really need to work on jumps till they turn senior.
Shcheglova/Kalashnikov - Kalashnikov missed his sedond jump in combo (should have been probably 3S-2T). Sheglova fell on throw triple rittberger. They still made pretty good impression on me even if they obviously weren't happy with their performance.
Vislobokova/Bryukhanov - Stanislava fell on SBS 3S (should have been combo probably) and on SBS 2A, overally it looked like an early stage of training this program (but they skated in costumes), but they fought and tried to deliver everything.
Petuchkova/Malikov - very good 3S-Eu-3S combo in the beginning, other jumps also good beside Katya's fall on throw triple rittberger. Still one of the cleanest and most confident performances of the day.
Mukhametzyanova/Mironov - only a double twist in the beginning (just like in SP), but clean jumps, no fall. Throw 2F (probably aspiring for triple), second was throw 3S. Much better impression than from SP.
Artemieva/Nazarichev - weird mix of Queen songs, with one cover and two originals. Combo was 2A-Eu-3S (yesterday I claimed she missed it but I was wrong) - clean, one thrown jump was double rittberger. Some lacks in synchronization but overally good skate, no falls. Looked happy after the skate (and so did Tarasova :biggrin:).
Belova/Chigirev - SBS 3F (Chigirev fell), combo 3S-2T-2L (Belova only 1T), good thrown jumps. Pretty good performance.
Kuzmina/Khvalko - Khvalko had bad fall on SBS 3T, combo and thrown jums were good and so were lifts. They were pretty funny after the skate :)
Mukhortova/Yevgeniev - tried SBS 3Lz! Nastya fell but good attempt. Double twist. Good 3S-2T-2T and thrown jumps. Finished slightly late but pretty good skate by this young pair.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Why were Polina & Dima only doing placeholder/single jumps? Unusual mistakes on the throws and I'm annoyed they cut out the beginning of Sarabande Suite lol cause I was looking forward to this FS and the beginning is the best part. They look only about 30% ready. Hopefully by their first JGP (Chelyabinsk) they will be ready