2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Why were Polina & Dima only doing placeholder/single jumps? Unusual mistakes on the throws and I'm annoyed they cut out the beginning of Sarabande Suite lol cause I was looking forward to this FS and the beginning is the best part. They look only about 30% ready. Hopefully by their first JGP (Chelyabinsk) they will be ready

Interview with their coaches says she has grown over the summer and that has caused them issues. Hoping they sort it out before the JGP.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm totally happy for Lina and Roman, their run wasn't flawless, but they're still in medal position and their SP is pretty good.

Georgya

On the Ice
Apollinariia and Dmitry are trully special. Their FP from Lake Placid was amazing, top quality lifts and skating skills. There is work to be done but oh my gosh they are so satisfying to watch.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Such a joy to watch Panfilova/Rylov, their interpretation is always top notch (loved the Matrix SP too!), and their pair elements are incredible. Their throws, twists are efortless and they even got 2 level 4 death spirals, element for which many senior teams struggle to get level 4. I know I am saying this continuously since last year, but my biggest wish is too see them jumping triple single elements, everything else is there...:(

Akhanteva/Kolesov skated better than at test skates, they are on an upward trajectory and can get only better from now on. Eager to watch them at the next assignement :luv17:

Strong 3rd place for Pepeleva/Pleshkov, I hope they will receive a second assignement and the chance to qualify in the JGPF, last season it broke my heart that they did not receive it. :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Such a joy to watch Panfilova/Rylov, their interpretation is always top notch (loved the Matrix SP too!), and their pair elements are incredible. Their throws, twists are efortless and they even got 2 level 4 death spirals, element for which many senior teams struggle to get level 4. I know I am saying this continuously since last year, but my biggest wish is too see them jumping triple single elements, everything else is there...:(

Akhanteva/Kolesov skated better than at test skates, they are on an upward trajectory and can get only better from now on. Eager to watch them at the next assignement :luv17:

Strong 3rd place for Pepeleva/Pleshkov, I hope they will receive a second assignement and the chance to qualify in the JGPF, last season it broke my heart that they did not receive it. :(

Those were particularly Akhanteva/Kolesov, who got the second chance with the bronze medal last season I believe, because of their better score. Need to say they deserved it, on their second entry in Ostrava they even defeated Kostiuchovich/Ialin and made it to the final.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Those were particularly Akhanteva/Kolesov, who got the second chance with the bronze medal last season I believe, because of their better score. Need to say they deserved it, on their second entry in ostrava they even defeated Kostiuchovich/Ialin and made it to the final.

I agree with you, Akhanteva/Kolesov totally deserved their 2nd assignement, they had great score and also amazing potential to improve it (I must confess they are one of my favourites Russian pairs , and the injury from the second part of the season broke my heart). No way Pepeleva/Pleshkov would deserve a 2nd assignement before them.

The fact that they did not receive a 2nd assignement was more a matter of luck/different fed strategy, who opted to send 7 teams in JGP, 5 with 2 assignements and 2 with one, and chose to give this experience to as many couples as possible, instead of maximizing the number of couples in the JGPF. Which is not so bad after all, this is a valuable experience for every couple, and especially in a country with so much depth in pairs as Russia.:thumbsup:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
B/K were really something today!
So strong and confident! they don't look like scared ex-juniors, the aura today was so calm collected and confident!
Also, the ending was magnificent!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
B/K were really something today!
So strong and confident! they don't look like scared ex-juniors, the aura today was so calm collected and confident!
Also, the ending was magnificent!

Also Kozlovskii looked like "his own older brother" in comparison with how he looked at worlds :)

The only unhappy thing is that Zabiiako/Enbert missed test skates due to ilness. Otherwise this was strong "competition", with T/M and B/K in the lead but the rest didn't ashamed themselves as well.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
All the pairs were at an extremely high level yesterday in the SP!

I absolutely love Bolero for T/M, it fits them perfectly, and they seem to be in a great shape for the next season.:love:

One of the highlights of the day for me was indeed B/K, not only they were very good, but they improved so much during the last months! So many new, difficult entries (see the beautiful death spiral entry), improved speed and flow, the choreo of the program is just beautiful, and it will help them stand out from the rest. They are such a hardworking pair, I totally see them becoming in the future Russia's number 2, and even 1 pair, because they also have the IT factor, the audience becomes engaged in their performances. :love:

P/K have a beautiful program, but they still seem to struggle with consistency. So happy to watch M/G skating so well, one of my highlights from Zagreb, they seem to have kept their consistency and knowing how ambitious and hardworking they are, I feel they will put a great fight in the GP series and to catch the Russian team, even in this senior debut season.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The depth of Russian pairs is incredible! I enjoyed them all and look forward to seeing them in competition.

T/M were my favourite though, Bolero is so good for them! That lift is still blowing my mind! The throw was huge too! :biggrin: