2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Pairs' figure skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The depth of Russian pairs is incredible! I enjoyed them all and look forward to seeing them in competition.

T/M were my favourite though, Bolero is so good for them! That lift is still blowing my mind! The throw was huge too! :biggrin:

If you remember world championship, their throw jump was more than 1m in height and more than 6m in legth :biggrin:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you remember world championship, their throw jump was more than 1m in height and more than 6m in legth :biggrin:

I do! The British Eurosport guys were like "OMG"...so was I! Best throw jump of all I think!

liv

Record Breaker
I only watched T/M and B/K... That final lift and dismount from T/M.... just wow. So far I"m liking the move to Zoueva...

Just watching those 2 teams it seems that Russian pairs is healthy and doing quite well, thank you!

nipman

On the Ice
After the FP, T/M and S/N impress me the most. The others need more time to polish their skate.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Ok, I was not sure how I will feel to see Ksenia skating with some other, I also was not sure whether there are too many good pairs and they have too much way to go before they reach a great form. But... During the free program I had goosebumps and tears in my eyes. People tend to forget and I forgot what drowns me to Stolbova and Klimov on the first place - and that was the speed, the mood, the smoothness and even the darkness. And in this FS I saw it all again and I remember how I felt and I am happy she is back and I want to watch more of it. You know I can see more impressive jumps and elements from the other pairs but this feeling I get from the actual skates itself I can get it only from few. So no matter how much I like the new pairs and I like them all and B/K,M/G, P/K and of course T/M and Z/E , I never knew I need Ksenia and Novoselov as well. Also I saw the video of Klimov doing 3t-3t, when he is not competing... I just don't know... so much hopes gone with them anyway.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Also they say it is pity we will not see all the ladies at Worlds and Europeans but I really grieve about all these good pairs.
Why they don't make competition for top teams based on the ranking and skills not nationality (apart from Russian nationals :D and GP Final with top 24)? That will solve also some ice dance issues as well not only for Ru and US, but even for small feds like Spain lets say :)

Artemisa

Final Flight
All the pairs were great ... choosing 3 two worlds will be difficult ...

Thoughts:
_ I loved both programs of T/M
_ I liked the SP of Boikova and Dima but not her FP
_ but nothing compares to the comeback of the queen Ksenia ... her skating is mature ... you can't your eyes of her ... a true queen in the ice

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
All pairs SP on official 1TV channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVWOARQ36qs

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Wow! I am so jealous, I mean having a full house for test skates is just so wonderful. It was so lovely to watch....Alexandra's smile is to die for while Dmitrii is really good looking, seeing Ksenia again was a blast (even though there were some mistakes), the Bolero fits Evghenia and Vladimir perfectly and the biggest surprise for me were the couple of whom last year I thought were 'the fat guy and his doll' (Daria and Denis), but who this year looked so much better with him looking much smarter (he lost weight or he grew) and her looking so much more mature. She's still a tiny woman of course, but she's really a woman now. Wow, again! And this early in the season too. I'm just flabbergasted by the quality.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I surprised myself with how much I enjoyed Tarasova/Morozov's free skate. I have no familiarity with the original song, but found they connected with this operatic version about as well as with anything. The middle got a bit slow for me, but it started strong and even had a hint of - dare I say - sexiness? Bolero will be a strong short program for them too.

Boikova/Kozlovskii continue to have that something special on the ice with high quality elements. I'm not super into the Bond program yet though.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was surprised how much I liked Tarasova and Morozov's programs though I do think they need to up the performance level. Ksenia is mesmorizing still; but her skatings skills are significantly better than her new partner. But you never know Aliona managed to pull Bruno along who knows.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Random question: you can send as many pairs as you want if you host a JGP. So could Russia theoretically have sent 10 pairs to their JGP, and why didn't they send more than 4?

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Mukhametzianova/Mironov excited me the most of Russian pairs in GP Chelyabinsk. Their SP music is kinda offbeat and I really like it. In FS I was really surprised by their side by side 3Lz and also 3F. I don't remember any pair who did it in one FS. So after Panfilova/Rylov I have new favourite junior Russian pair in them.

oleada

Record Breaker
See, I was blown away by Artemeva/Nazarychev. His expression is incredible. Even in the pairs spin he was working with the music! They had really high quality pairs elements, as a great 3T and 2A+eu+3S. Their throws are a work in progress but they only did doubles at the test skate so I’m encouraged.

M/M were good but their pairs elements need work. Plus, I’m not a fan of the packaging. That said, I think she can be a real pairs star.

starla16

Medalist
how bad is Enberts injury ? will they need to withdraw for the grand prix ?
Stolbova / Novoselov has the perfect chance to be russian no. 2, Mishina / Galliamov should have no problem bumping out Boikova / Kozlovskii as russian no. 3 as they are more powerful skaters.

so it will be Tier A
Trasova/Morozov, Stolbova / Novoselov, Mishina / Galliamov

Zabijako / Enbert ? are unknown

then Tier B
Boikova / Kozlovski, Efimova / Korovin, Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin
and a dozen upcoming juniors that's crazy depth

starla16

Medalist
What happened to Z and E. If they are out the French are almost assured of a medal.

hes injured, not sure if they will withdraw or what his current condition is. NO, the french aren't guaranteed anything because they just withdraw from their GP events.
with No French I can see minimum 3 russian pairs in GP Final.