Costumes for adults | Golden Skate

Costumes for adults

Gekoladie

Spectator
I've got my first ever adult inclusive skating competition coming up in three weeks. I was asked extremely last-minute if I'd like to do it (literally last night) and I don't have anything to wear. I'm not too worried about learning the choreography - I pick it up pretty fast and my coach is tailoring it to stuff I can already do very well so no issues there.

I am worried about what I'm supposed to be wearing. It's an artistic competition so I don't know if dresses are supposed to be 'serious' ones or more fancy dress. Is it a better bet to go simple and rely on performing well, or be eye-catching with something more fun? I only have three weeks tops to put something together, so I can't send away for something unless its from my home country.

Has anyone got any tips on pretty well anything related to this?

Vicki7

On the Ice
As an aside, is this a big inter rink event with an inclusive category? If so I'll be skating too...

Artistic is all about character, for example I'm competing in my regular black skating leggings, a gold tailcoat, bow tie and top hat. Save the skating dresses for more serious events and embrace your creative side.

If you're in the UK and do want to go down the dress route, I know a couple of good sites I can recommend.

jf12

Final Flight
I've got my first ever adult inclusive skating competition coming up in three weeks. I was asked extremely last-minute if I'd like to do it (literally last night) and I don't have anything to wear. I'm not too worried about learning the choreography - I pick it up pretty fast and my coach is tailoring it to stuff I can already do very well so no issues there.

I am worried about what I'm supposed to be wearing. It's an artistic competition so I don't know if dresses are supposed to be 'serious' ones or more fancy dress. Is it a better bet to go simple and rely on performing well, or be eye-catching with something more fun? I only have three weeks tops to put something together, so I can't send away for something unless its from my home country.

Has anyone got any tips on pretty well anything related to this?

What's your music, and what's the choreo like?

Vicki7

On the Ice
Yep, that's the one - now I've described my costume you'll know when I'm on the ice haha. It really is about showing your creativity so if your music has a theme, I'd start with that, then check out Amazon for stuff you can get delivered quickly.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
If you're outside of Canada, wear what's comfortable and that relates to your music. Skate Canada just mandated that Artistic skates must be done in simple black attire, although some competitions might be more flexible with this than the tests are being.