Tuktamysheva changes new Short Program; explores new directions | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva changes new Short Program; explores new directions

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spurred by a successful post-Olympic season, Russia's Elizaveta Tuktamysheva is preparing for next year by trying out a few new things. For the first time, the 2015 World Champion is working with Shae-Lynn Bourne and went to South Carolina last week.

"Finally my dream comes true. I wanted to work with her for a long time," Tuktamysheva revealed. "I watched her programs and I thought, 'she is really doing masterpieces!'

More...

She got quickly to work with Bourne and they chose “Drumming Song” by Florence and the Machine for the Short Program. The Free Skating music was not yet determined at press time.

Am so looking forward to seeing her next season! Are you a Florence fan? I am! Hope she is able to work in the triple Axel-double Axel sequence!

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’ve thought for years that “Drumming Song” would make a great program.

More Florence + the Machine in skating in general.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I like Florence and the Machine, this could work well.

Who's the choreographer for her free? Averbukh? Richaud?

macy

Record Breaker
excited to see what they came up with. i hope shae lynn was able to bring out a new side to liza we haven't fully seen yet.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so happy for Liza! I always enjoyed her skating but had hoped for her to have a collaboration with a choreographer who would be able to bring out her strong points. I'm going to Sk Amer and am happy to see she will be competing there! Best of luck to her!

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Oooooooooooh, I LIKE this. FABULOUS song and a great fit for Tukt. If done well, this will be Tukt's Skyfall and she will finally shake off all those (valid) empty choreography criticisms.

This is my favorite program announcement of the upcoming season so far.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, cool song! Looking forward to seeing it next year, fingers crossed for her, it is an apocalyptic year for Russian ladies.

andromache

Record Breaker
Shae-Lynn + Florence and the Machine are the perfect combo for Liza!!! :love:

I am sure the choreo will be super watered-down by Mishin, but Liza will still sell the heck out of it.

SXTN

Final Flight
Interesting. Sounds promising but I hope the program won't get mishinized too much.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
That's a really interesting choice. Hoping to see her skate with a lot more speed and attention to the music. The song is fast and rhythmic.

LaArdilla

Medalist
This is some really exciting news! I hope Mishin doesn't water it down too much as the season progresses.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I was hoping we would see you skipping in from the right to direct the group! :)

:laugh2: if I could take credit you know I would have.....I would have leaped in from the right wearing my Maria Butyrskaya Hoodie.